Old 02-11-18, 01:07 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

500 Internal Service Error?

I'm trying to post my Jessica Smith Compendium and get this error message
Old 02-11-18, 01:09 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

The post was rather long and contained several links for downloading the Compendium from Dropbox and Google Sheets.

This short post is posting fine.
Old 02-11-18, 03:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sometimes when I have tried to post language from another website, even with proper attribution, I get an error and can't post it. I can't remember if it's the same error number or not. I've gotten around the error by shortening what I post.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 04:04 PM  
danac99

I got the same message yesterday just doing a search.

Dana
danac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 04:09 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I tagged this thread because there are a few other threads where people mentioned this happening to them (including me). The time it happened to me, I think I had cut and pasted from another program I had typed my reply into first. But then, even when I retyped the whole message straight into the reply box rather than copy/pasting, I still got an error. So I don't know what caused it exactly.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 06:28 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just got this message when trying to post a rather lengthy message to another thread this evening. Frustrating.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 06:36 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I'll try again later/tomorrow, but in the meantime I started another post where you can email me and I'll email back a copy of the post I wrote which includes all the download links.
Old 02-11-18, 11:10 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
The post was rather long and contained several links for downloading the Compendium from Dropbox and Google Sheets.

This short post is posting fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Sometimes when I have tried to post language from another website, even with proper attribution, I get an error and can't post it. I can't remember if it's the same error number or not. I've gotten around the error by shortening what I post.
I had the same problem recently when I tried to preview a post, which quoted three other texts, all on the VF site--two pages from the VF guidelines, one post from earlier in the same thread. After finding that I could preview a short and simple test post, I experimented. I could post a final draft after I removed the least critical quotation (and paraphrased that content instead).

Now I've tried more experimenting: I ultimately tried previewing a post with four quoting boxes (three of which pointed to actual posts, one of which was an isolated sentence without a pointer) and five different URLs, all of those off VF, and was still successful. I don't know any more about what's happening.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 08:29 AM  
sciencelady

I had this error pop up about a week ago. I was able to copy my posting to a doc to not lose the typing I put into it and kept trying the site. I eventually emailed WWWendy and it got taken care of shortly afterward - don't know if she did something or not.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 11:53 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I have it all in a Word document, but it is frustrating! I'm emailing it out as VFers request but it would be so much easier to have a post here. My post worked just fine when I put in on my various exercise FB groups.

Tags
500 error