Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-17, 09:10 AM  
Sharaz

Emma Stone gains 18 pounds of muscle

T-NATION - Emma Stone gains 18-pounds of muscle

https://www.t-nation.com/training/em...unds-of-muscle

"The beautiful part is that afterwards she said she wanted to stay strong. She said, 'I want to feel like this, I want to look like this,'" Walsh told T Nation. "When you can turn someone on to the science of training and then they really dig it, appreciate it, and implement that as part of their life, well, that's the best. The aesthetics were just the side effect of really good work. She was ecstatic when she got on the scale. Most girls who get on the scale and gain weight freak out, but she had the biggest smile in the world when the weight started to increase."
Old 10-04-17, 09:22 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oddly enough, my 16 year old son wanted to see Battle of the Sexes, so I went with him and it was a better movie than I was expecting. Billie Jean King did great things for women!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 09:25 AM  
Sharaz

I enjoyed this article! I just found out she's 28 yrs old.

18 pounds in 3 months is impressive! However, is well know that muscle gains for first-timers or beginners comes faster. Then is harder as time pass.

In bodybuilding.com is generally recommended for beginners to start with full body training in order to gain overall muscle mass. Then work later on symmetry with training splits.
Old 10-04-17, 11:22 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
8 pounds in 3 months is impressive! However, is well know that muscle gains for first-timers or beginners comes faster. Then is harder as time pass.

In bodybuilding.com is generally recommended for beginners to start with full body training in order to gain overall muscle mass. Then work later on symmetry with training splits.
+2

"Like T Nation contributor Ben Bruno, who has his Victoria's Secret and swimsuit model clients pushing sleds and deadlifting, Walsh is helping to shift women's focus to muscle and strength. And that sure beats frail and skinny."
This!!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 11:49 AM  
wendug

She had some impressive gains! Better yet she loves it! I think women in Hollywood are starting to realize being strong is good! Here's another article about Alison Brie using the same trainer as Emma Stone.

https://www.self.com/story/alison-brie-glow-workout
Old 10-04-17, 03:40 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
She had some impressive gains! Better yet she loves it! I think women in Hollywood are starting to realize being strong is good! Here's another article about Alison Brie using the same trainer as Emma Stone.

https://www.self.com/story/alison-brie-glow-workout
Thanks for sharing! Good reading.
Old 10-04-17, 03:57 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Oddly enough, my 16 year old son wanted to see Battle of the Sexes, so I went with him and it was a better movie than I was expecting. Billie Jean King did great things for women!
I’m not a movie person, but would like to see it.

I was unaware about this movie
Old 10-04-17, 06:18 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

The movie was really good. Emma Stone and Steve Carrell were right on point. I think it is especially resonant for those of us who were around for the feminist fights of the 70’s
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-17, 08:09 AM  
cttx31

I would like to see side-by-side before and after photos in a similar outfit/post. It's so rare to see before/after photos for someone who didn't need to lose weight and only wanted to gain muscle.
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-17, 11:36 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttx31 View Post
I would like to see side-by-side before and after photos in a similar outfit/post. It's so rare to see before/after photos for someone who didn't need to lose weight and only wanted to gain muscle.
I started looking for more information about Jen Heward as a results of the FIT PLAN app workout programs. I watched the following video from her yesterday. She talks about her transformation. She emphasizes that took her years to look the way she look now. The difference in her body composition is noticeable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olfHMJe8OT4