Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-16, 05:07 PM  
TracyQ

Sorry I can't stop gushing. Today I did Totally Toned Legs. I loved it. I can't believe how much I am enjoying Live. I always liked Cathe and have been doing her workouts since 1997. I have a ton of her DVDs and use them regularly. But I have always been a tiny bit turned off by the hair, make-up and matching outfits (I know some people like that and that's ok it's just not my thing). I love the natural Cathe.

If she keeps filming Live workouts I may never buy another DVD.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 05:53 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Sorry I can't stop gushing. Today I did Totally Toned Legs. I loved it. I can't believe how much I am enjoying Live. I always liked Cathe and have been doing her workouts since 1997. I have a ton of her DVDs and use them regularly. But I have always been a tiny bit turned off by the hair, make-up and matching outfits (I know some people like that and that's ok it's just not my thing). I love the natural Cathe.

If she keeps filming Live workouts I may never buy another DVD.
Me too!! And I love both her DVD's and workout blender, but I am using Cathe Live for every workout lately!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 06:31 PM  
muggle

I did "Step on it" this morning. I think it's number 59. Yowza! Outstanding cardio workout. Toward the end Cathe kept forgetting what to cue! It was awesome! I love seeing her in her element. I too have most of her workouts and do them regularly. As well as other instructors. My library is maybe 200 . Cathe live is definitely a new favorite!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 06:57 PM  
TracyQ

I wonder if Cathe will do any special for her 100th Live workout this Thursday.

Maybe a 100 rep workout .

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 10:20 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:

It'll be fun to see what she does!

Tomorrow I think I'm going to do Muscle Max Live. I've been doing a lot of KCM lately, but I love the Cathe Live workouts!

The only problem when I subscribe to various sites is I tend to make them a spectator sport (previewing, sampling). It's fun! I get my money's worth but spend too much time in front of my computer!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-16, 05:07 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
The only problem when I subscribe to various sites is I tend to make them a spectator sport (previewing, sampling). It's fun! I get my money's worth but spend too much time in front of my computer!
I've found myself doing that as well - lol!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-16, 04:35 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Cardio Circuit Challenge Express - I think I found the perfect pattern for a morning workout for me!
  • the 1st part is cardio (drills, not choreography) - which I could modify and do at my own pace and modifications and get all warmed up
  • then compound weight moves - by the time we got to the weights I was awake, warmed up, body moving well, and I could use the same poundage that I use for an evening workout
  • core - which was sets of 5 full situps, turn quickly and do 5 pushups. Nice segment, but too fast for my fitness level at this point. By the time I turned over to do the pushups, she was just about done the 5 reps - lol!
A really nice express workout to start the day!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-16, 09:35 AM  
horusosiris

This morning I did Cathe Live "Quick Fix Kickboxing plus 100 Reps Boxing Bonus Challenge plus Step & Weight Drills "

The workout began with kickboxing drills, followed by heavy bag drills that were 100 rep challenges. Next came cardio drills utilizing the step platform that were followed by compound weight exercises using either 10-12 dumbbells. The last section was "core" was and we did a sit up-push up challenge, tricep dips, side dips and planks.

I really enjoyed this workout. It was perfect for my exercise attention deficit because of the great variety.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-16, 09:41 AM  
jenn38

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
This morning I did Cathe Live "Quick Fix Kickboxing plus 100 Reps Boxing Bonus Challenge plus Step & Weight Drills "

The workout began with kickboxing drills, followed by heavy bag drills that were 100 rep challenges. Next came cardio drills utilizing the step platform that were followed by compound weight exercises using either 10-12 dumbbells. The last section was "core" was and we did a sit up-push up challenge, tricep dips, side dips and planks.

I really enjoyed this workout. It was perfect for my exercise attention deficit because of the great variety.
This workout sounds awesome. I didn't see anything posted last night for Cathe Live today. So glad she had something. I love when I can use my punching bag.

Cathe Live is great. I love seeing everyday Cathe and I love it when crew members show up to workout with her. It has to be one of my best purchases EVER!
Old 05-05-16, 09:44 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:

You guessed it! (Well, as the bonus anyway.)

The workout sounds great - thanks horusosiris for the outline.

My only minor beef with Cathe Live - I wish there was a visible countdown clock. For some reason workouts just drag if I don't know how much time I have left. (I watch through my phone connected to TV. Perhaps other tech provides this option.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung