Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-09-15, 05:31 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
You know what I love about Cathe Live? There is always someone like me there.

Someone who isn't in good shape. Someone not jumping to the sky. Someone who isn't using super heavy weights. But they are there, and they are doing it. And if they can, so can I!
Yes, I find that working out with a group of regular folk is super motivating! Everyone is doing the best she can.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 12:23 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
You know what I love about Cathe Live? There is always someone like me there.

Someone who isn't in good shape. Someone not jumping to the sky. Someone who isn't using super heavy weights. But they are there, and they are doing it. And if they can, so can I!
I love this too! Haven't tried Cathe live yet but I am always tempted. It's just a matter of time before I bite.
Old 11-12-15, 05:45 PM  
horusosiris

TodayI did Cathe Live - Strong Total Body

Cathe used 5-20 lb Dumbbells

Format Warm up, unweighted leg exercises, weighted legs, biceps, legs, compound upper/lower, back, legs, shoulders, triceps, legs, chest, abs, stretch. I enjoyed this workout. The total body is done in 47 minutes. It was nicely paced with just enough rest between exercises. During the shoulder segment when we did lateral raises with static holds, I was so glad that Cathe stopped half way through the 8 reps and then continued with the last four. I do no think this was planned but it seemed that they were getting to Cathe too. I know I needed that tiny break.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 10:42 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
TodayI did Cathe Live - Strong Total Body

Cathe used 5-20 lb Dumbbells

Format Warm up, unweighted leg exercises, weighted legs, biceps, legs, compound upper/lower, back, legs, shoulders, triceps, legs, chest, abs, stretch. I enjoyed this workout. The total body is done in 47 minutes. It was nicely paced with just enough rest between exercises. During the shoulder segment when we did lateral raises with static holds, I was so glad that Cathe stopped half way through the 8 reps and then continued with the last four. I do no think this was planned but it seemed that they were getting to Cathe too. I know I needed that tiny break.
I just finished previewing this one to do on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it! I appreciate the shorter total body workout (47 mins WITH abs!), no endless reps, as well as unweighted leg exercises.

I really enjoy both the Strong Upper Body Live and Express classes. I am glad she did a Strong TOTAL body! I can tell this is going to be a favorite go-to total body workout.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 10:57 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiletha444 View Post
I just finished previewing this one to do on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it! I appreciate the shorter total body workout (47 mins WITH abs!), no endless reps, as well as unweighted leg exercises.

I really enjoy both the Strong Upper Body Live and Express classes. I am glad she did a Strong TOTAL body! I can tell this is going to be a favorite go-to total body workout.
Some of my favorite Cathe Live classes are the shorter ones or the express classes. Total Body with abs and done in 47 minutes is my kind of total body workout
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 12:06 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I tried the Cathe Live Strong Total Body and loved it! It flowed really well and had a nice ab segment at the end.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-15, 06:50 AM  
bk1

I might give this a try. I'm looking for some different weight classes as my gym has now cancelled my favorite Monday morning weight class. It was at 8:30, so it wasn't that crowded.
bk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-15, 11:44 AM  
NorthernStar

I did Strong Total Body this morning and really enjoyed it. It hits everything and your heart rate gets up a few times, even though there's not really any cardio in it. I liked that everything was well balanced, there's something for all major body parts. Sometimes Cathe's workouts feel light on back with lots of shoulders but this is a really good all-rounder.
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-15, 02:34 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
I did Strong Total Body this morning and really enjoyed it. It hits everything and your heart rate gets up a few times, even though there's not really any cardio in it. I liked that everything was well balanced, there's something for all major body parts. Sometimes Cathe's workouts feel light on back with lots of shoulders but this is a really good all-rounder.
I just finished this workout and I agree with this post.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-15, 04:29 PM  
wendy2

I did Strong Total Body today, too--loved it. With Push Pull, her other short total body workout, I don't feel that worked out--but I don't like to go too heavy because my joints end up hurting. This one is relatively light weight (or moderate, or whatever you want to do) and I felt nicely worked out. It went very quickly, but not at a frantic pace. The shoulders weren't overdone (though I did sub some of the upright rows with bicep work, and I did kickbacks instead of dips for my triceps).

Anyway, I was glad to see this workout offered on Cathe Live, and I know I will do it again. If you have a full hour, it would be perfect to add on any of the barre segments from Live or other recent DVDs if you feel like you need more lower body work.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung