Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-15, 08:55 PM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I did this one today and like it much better than her recent Legs & Glutes. I sweated as much as if I did a cardio workout. She moved faster than she normally does on a Live workout and I was a little behind in starting some of the exercises. I liked it though.

I hope she does one similar to her Strong Upper Body & Core soon. I did that one on Thursday and that is one her best upper best upper body workouts period.

Two wishes for Cathe Live, a favorites option & better music!
Another wish for Cathe Live (my wish anyways) is to give a little heads up as to what she is going to do for her Live show, instead of waiting until the night before.
Old 09-20-15, 09:24 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfhanna View Post
Another wish for Cathe Live (my wish anyways) is to give a little heads up as to what she is going to do for her Live show, instead of waiting until the night before.
My wish is that she would include a blurb about the workout right there on the workout selection page. (but I also would like to see a favorites button, better music and more advance notice about what's to come).
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 08:39 AM  
mmis29

I've been a subscriber for a few months now. I really like it but I do feel it is expensive for my spotty use of it these days. I wish she would offer purchasing the live workouts as downloads because there are some I just love that aren't available any other way (barbell upper, step workouts, AWT on the step )

I use it two ways..at home using apple tv screen mirroring and at the gym using my iphone and my data connection since the wi fi at work is locked down.

I have a cable connection at home and use apple tv screen mirroring to view it at home and the connection is spotty. If I pause it it almost *always* loses connection and I have to stop and figure out where I left off. Annoying since I have two kiddos running around and doing a workout non stop is a pipe dream these days! I also don't like rewinding on an iphone. You never can really get where you want to get it seems.

The connection is surprisingly better using my data plan (which thankfully is unlimited!) but still not perfect.

I'm looking at changing jobs in the next month or so hopefully, and I'll be re-evaluating then since I will likely lose my access to the day time gym :***(
Old 09-25-15, 09:00 PM  
isebelleg44

I did Strong Upper Body Express yesterday and liked it. It was 40 minutes and there were two exercises for each body part. There were two sets of twelve reps. Each body part had a finisher and three of those used the band. Chest had push ups of course for the finisher and five pound dumbbells were used for the shoulder finisher. She finishes up with core and then your done! I love her longer Strong Upper Body & Core, but this is great when you want to get in and out quickly, so I can see myself using this one a lot!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 11:38 PM  
alydinva

Quote:
I did Strong Upper Body Express yesterday and liked it. It was 40 minutes and there were two exercises for each body part. There were two sets of twelve reps. Each body part had a finisher and three of those used the band. Chest had push ups of course for the finisher and five pound dumbbells were used for the shoulder finisher. She finishes up with core and then your done! I love her longer Strong Upper Body & Core, but this is great when you want to get in and out quickly, so I can see myself using this one a lot!
My triceps are so sore from this workout yesterday!
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-15, 07:09 AM  
suzannaerin

Hope she does another cycle session soon.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-15, 07:01 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Hope she does another cycle session soon.
Me too! It's time. Although, I am enjoying the studio sweat on demand cycle workouts in the meantime.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-15, 08:56 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
I did Strong Upper Body Express on 9/24/15. I really like this workout. Along with Barbell Upper Body Live, I think that this is my favorite Cathe Live Upper Body workout. I am really like that the workout is done in 40 minutes! There is very little down time and it is a thorough upper body workout.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-15, 09:13 AM  
Pascal

I love Cathe Live but I think I have to cancel it as I just don't get great service in my workout area. We recently switched providers so I thought it might get better but it hasn't. I'm sick of starting a Live working and having to switch to a DVD 5 minutes in because the Live workout keeps stopping.

I will definitely sign back up if my workout changes.
Old 09-28-15, 09:54 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I tried out Strong Upperbody Express this morning and really enjoyed it. It hit every body part (back, biceps, chest, triceps, shoulders, abs) in about 40 minutes. My favorite is still the longer version with standing abs, but this is great to have on days when I don't have a lot of time.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung