Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-08, 11:36 AM  
TriciaR
VF Supporter

Alert Collage Error

I just received a monthly email newsletter from Collage. Unfortunately it was an error on their part and it is a list of every email address of every subscriber to them. It is so huge it makes my account freeze.
I called them and they are aware that this has happened and can do nothing about it. But now my email address and probably yours has gone out to tens of thousands of other people. So much for their security.
They are real sorry and will issue an apology.

Tricia
TriciaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 11:39 AM  
TriciaR
VF Supporter

Ps

I forgot to add this includes your first name with your address.
Tricia
TriciaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 11:42 AM  
KathAL79

Ugh, you're right.

It's times like these I'm glad I used my throwaway email address to sign up for the newsletter. I should go transfer all of my other newsletters to that account while I'm thinking of it. (This account, from one of the free services, is pretty much just for newsletters and promotional stuff that I don't want clogging up my real email.)

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 11:51 AM  
Raineth
VF Supporter

Wow, that really makes me mad!!
Raineth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 11:53 AM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

I am a Collage customer, however, I expect Collage to do more than send me an apology.

What legal recourse do we have?

Beth
Old 09-27-08, 12:04 PM  
Gams

What is it you think Collage should do, Beth?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 12:12 PM  
peanut1129

I'd like it if Collage gave us some kind of coupon by way of apology.

As far as a *legal recourse* no one has been damaged by this(at least as of yet) so I can't even imagine initiating some sort of legal action. What would we tell an attorney/judge? That we don't like that they mistakenly sent out our email addresses to everyone and that we should be compensated for them making a mistake which hasn't hurt anyone in anyway.

If anyone is directly affected in some negative way by this then they should of course look for recourse but certainly not ahead of time. JMO.
peanut1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 12:13 PM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

Good question. They can't retract the release of mailing list of their customers. IMO an apology isn't enough. They should offer a substantial gift certificate to all of the customers that had their full name and mailing address sent in the mass email newletter. Perhaps they can offer DVD 7 from Chalean for purchase without the equipment

Beth
Old 09-27-08, 12:19 PM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

Does this include only those who subscribed to their newsletter? Does it also include those who ordered from them online or by phone without giving an email address?
Old 09-27-08, 12:25 PM  
Gams

How do you all know that this was sent out to so many people? I subscribe to their monthly newsletter and the one I just got was the one I normally get - it did not have any e-mail addresses in it.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote