Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-07, 08:40 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElle3
Talk about a day late and a dollar short.
I was just gonna say . . . kind of like closing the flood gates after the storm. Sounds more like a political move to try and appease the masses at this point. "See, now we've taken care of it." Yeah . . .

My dogs are mad (and hungry) and want to know where their regular food is. One of them has pushed his bowl all over the kitchen looking for his gravied food. I've tried to explain it to them, but they just don't get it!! (LOL!! I'm not really that crazy, but they do keep looking at me like . . . "Fill the bowl with our regular food will ya???")
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 09:23 PM  
jfs
VF Supporter

Re:EVO

Evo has the highest percentage of protein out of all the other brands of food.
I had asked my vet about this food. I was told it's OK for healthy cats/dogs that have normal kidney functions. The protein is much too high for cats/dogs that have kidney problems. Your vet should be able to advise you on whether this is a good choice for your pet.
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 05:34 AM  
PhyllisG

My three cats all like Evo dry but will not touch the canned version. Also a vet on Fox news last night suggested that you NOT feed your pets anything with wheat gluten in it.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 08:18 AM  
Lorianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl

My dogs are mad (and hungry) and want to know where their regular food is. One of them has pushed his bowl all over the kitchen looking for his gravied food.)
that's cute.
Lorianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 10:16 AM  
jordan

Life's Abundance dog food

I know I'm late to this thread but can someone please help me. Does anyone know any cons to ordering Life's Abundance dog food. It sounds good and I was thinking about ordering a bag. Please, if anyone can shed some light on this option could you help?

Thank you,

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 10:26 AM  
Gams

Life's Abundance looks good. My only concern is that one of their products is manufactured by Menu Foods. That doesn't necessarily mean anything because they don't use wheat gluten in their pet foods, but I'm a little hesitant to have anything to do with Menu Foods right now in any way, shape or form.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 10:27 AM  
fit1

Here's what I found from the thepetfoodlist.com:

Life's Abundance by Healthy Pet Net (verified by company 3/28/07)
One product manufactured by Menu Foods but not in the suspect facility
Most products are manufactured by Ohio Pet Foods
Products do not contain wheat gluten or corn
All products are human quality

http://www.thepetfoodlist.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan
I know I'm late to this thread but can someone please help me. Does anyone know any cons to ordering Life's Abundance dog food. It sounds good and I was thinking about ordering a bag. Please, if anyone can shed some light on this option could you help?

Thank you,

jordan
fit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 11:11 AM  
jordan

Thank you

Thank you Gams & fit1.

I've been spending time (like everyone else) checking out different options. I am feeling really crappy after reading about dog food. I thought that I was buying good stuff and now I'm just upset. I am to the point that I just feel like making an extra serving when I cook dinner. I don't know what to do . Normally, I would just take a step back but my little one has to eat. She is very sensative to changes, so I don't want to experiment too much. I know she is depending on me so I will do my best to make the right choice.

Thanks for letting me vent,

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 11:27 AM  
Gams

jordan,

I know just how you feel. I spent 4 hours on the computer yesterday trying to decide if I should switch foods and which one I should switch to. I couldn't help but think that if I do switch, it would be just my luck that something bad would come out about the stuff I switch to. This whole thing makes me very nervous.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 12:51 PM  
Gardengirl

Then, after you find a food that you THINK is okay . . . will they eat it? I have one who is pretty particular.
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote