Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-10-06, 10:07 PM  
Judyreppart

I am old timer but coming back again.........

Just checking in as I am working out again. I have had two back surgeries since the last time I was on here.
Everything is fine now.... been working out to the firm. Though I am very confused about the old tapes and the new tapes.Will post about my confusion in a different forum. Glad to be back.
Judy
Judyreppart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 04:25 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Judy - Welcome back. You've been through a lot. Congrats on getting through the surgeries and back to exercise. It seems like a lot happens all the time these days in the world of video fitness, so I can understand some confusion.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 12:16 PM  
new2me

Welcome back Judy! I wouldn't be nearly as confusing if the Firm would use distinctive names for their workouts, lol.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 05:03 AM  
Maria78

Hi all, i am new here, let me introduce myself: I am Leonie, 28, from Amsterdam (Netherlands) I started being a 'vidiot' (love that expression) a few years ago when i ordered the Firm BSS (with Cardio Sculpt, Body Sculpt and Ab Sculpt + the Fanny Lifter). Did it for a few weeks then put everything aside. But for about a month ago i rediscovered home fitness and i started doing it again. Through eBay i got 3 other Firm workouts - and after reading some enthousiastic remarks about the Cher New Attitude DVD i put that into my collection.
I discivered this forum while reading reviews. I now work out 3 times a week. I though that would be sufficient but the people here workout up to 6 times a week! I was shocked to read this. I now am going to try to make it 4 times/week and see how that will work out. My goal is to become fitter (more endurance) and to become more toned (esp. my upper arms and butt). I weigh 136 pounds which is ok for me (i am about 5.6). Going to 130 would be nice, but if i will not reach that it will be ok. I hope i can get my hands on more workout DVD's, theyre very hard to get in Holland, i am jealous off all of you in the USA :P
Maria78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 04:09 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Maria - Welcome to VF. It sounds like you have found some challenges here. Just remember there is a range of how often people exercise. But, becoming fitter is certainly a good goal. Good luck with finding videos. I don't think we, in the US, realize how fortunate we are.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-22-06, 09:01 AM  
new2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria78
Hi all, i am new here, let me introduce myself: I am Leonie, 28, from Amsterdam (Netherlands) I started being a 'vidiot' (love that expression) a few years ago when i ordered the Firm BSS (with Cardio Sculpt, Body Sculpt and Ab Sculpt + the Fanny Lifter). Did it for a few weeks then put everything aside. But for about a month ago i rediscovered home fitness and i started doing it again. Through eBay i got 3 other Firm workouts - and after reading some enthousiastic remarks about the Cher New Attitude DVD i put that into my collection.
I discivered this forum while reading reviews. I now work out 3 times a week. I though that would be sufficient but the people here workout up to 6 times a week! I was shocked to read this. I now am going to try to make it 4 times/week and see how that will work out. My goal is to become fitter (more endurance) and to become more toned (esp. my upper arms and butt). I weigh 136 pounds which is ok for me (i am about 5.6). Going to 130 would be nice, but if i will not reach that it will be ok. I hope i can get my hands on more workout DVD's, theyre very hard to get in Holland, i am jealous off all of you in the USA :P
Hi Leonie, welcome!!! I started with the same set you did! Not all of us work out 6 days. I'm doing good if I can get in 5 day, with 4 being about normal for me.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-06, 02:10 PM  
sparkle j

Back on board

Hello, everyone! I haven't been on VF in three years or so. After graduating college and moving house, I stopped working out. I can't even remember why. I miss it terribly.

So, a couple of weeks ago, I got out my old box of videos, and started back up again. Slowly. Wow, three years went by so quickly, and I've gotten wicked out of shape. I guess it happens when you're not looking, right?

Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello. I really enjoyed this forum years ago, and I intend to enjoy it once again. I see some familiar faces, hooray!
sparkle j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-06, 02:22 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome back! Just hide your credit cards! A lot of new stuff has come out in the past few years...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-23-06, 02:33 PM  
sparkle j

Thanks, Laura S.

I think one of the reasons I came back was because they've been running the "Turbo Jam" commercial a million times a day this last week or so. I had a pretty bad cold and have been home sick, so I've seen it a bunch of times. I'm feeling much better, and all the while watching the infomercial I kept thinking "I need to feel better so I can work out again!"

I suppose that's a good sign.

Oh, and I don't even have Turbo Jam. Yet.
sparkle j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-06, 02:38 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Glad you are feeling better. I meant to say in my last message (but spaced out...) that I hope you find the coming back a gratifying process. I would bet that it's hard, but, at the same time, I wonder if your body won't "remember" and bounce back as well.

Anyway, you can find tons and tons of Turbo Jam threads on VF. What's that phrase? "Resistance is futile. You WILL be assimilated!"

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread