Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-15-05, 09:28 AM  
JimmiesMojo

Thanks for the welcome. Believe me, I'm being careful about which ones I buy. I read recommendations and watch the clips on Collage before buying anything. I'm too cheap NOT to
JimmiesMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 09:32 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

What is a DA rut?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 09:43 AM  
JimmiesMojo

Denise Austin. I mentioned that she was the only instructor I'd ever really done. The others seemed so 'complicated' with footwork & such. Then, my frustration with her was growing and I was turned off towards home workouts. That's when I found this site & Collage's clips. BAM! I'm a newly motivated woman.
JimmiesMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 03:49 PM  
new2me

Hi JimmiesMojo--just wanted to add my welcome!!!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 04:09 PM  
mommyofone

new to video fitness

Hi Everyone,
I was browsing the web for fitness videos today and came across this site. I was reading the information contained within for 2 hous and new I had to join. I'm a 23 year old mother of one. All of my life I have struggled with my weight and I've used videos to overcome weight gain. So far, I have not lost any of the pregnancy weight (it's sad , my son is almost 3 1/2) but I have decided that it's time to make a permanent change and am turning to my old faithful friend the workout video. Right now I have the first set of Tae Bo videos, an old Crunch video, one salsa dance video, and about 6 different FIRM videos (fanny lifter and body bar) which I love more than anything even thought they kick my butt. I have put together a calendar for th month of June and plan to follow it religiously, in the beginning of July I will buy some new videos. Well, I look forward to reading more inspiration on this site and getting to know some of the members.

Kristen
mommyofone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 02:49 AM  
Helen

Welcome Kristen!!!!
You already have more vids than I started with!! Having a plan is good, but don't grumble at yourself if you miss here & there - everyone DOES! Look forward to seeing you around I had a good friend in high school called Kristen (she was SO cool ) you're the second I've heard of, so you'll kind of stand out for me.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 10:08 AM  
new2me

Hi Kristen! Welcome to the board. You sound very determined so you're already well on your way to meeting your goals. We're all quite good at helping you spend your money!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
Old 06-10-05, 12:45 PM  
WhirlingDervish

So happy to have found this place! I have looked all around and can tell there's lots of useful information here.

My name is Ali. I started working out with Tae Bo at the end of last summer and have gradually been increasing my exercise commitment. Right now I work out most every day, on the weekdays I get up very early to work out before my son wakes up. I try to mix up my workouts, alternating days with interval training & toning exercises (library DVD's or Minna's Fat Eliminator,The Bar Method) and cardio only days (either Debra Bono's African Dance, running, biking, or Tae Bo) with a yoga workout sometimes thrown in.

Thanks for providing such a great resource.
WhirlingDervish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-05, 01:06 PM  
binky10

Hi Ali!

Welcome to a great forum of helpful, supportive and inspirational exercisers. This group surely will help you stay motivated - trust me! You will find many different opinions on a wide variety of subjects, so much information to help you make the right decisions for you. That's what is so great about everyone here. We all have opinions and suggestions but ultimately everyone agrees that what works best for you is the right way to go. We all pursue similar goals but everyone doesn't get there the same way.

Barb
binky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-05, 02:54 PM  
new2me

Hi Ali and welcome...okay you're making me want to try the 6 or so Tae Bo workouts that I have but haven't done yet!

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread