Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-14-05, 11:03 AM  
new2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by melzie
If I wasn't sitting in chair all day in front of a computer I would never have found you.
That's me too. I'm at work so when it's busy I can't play, but when it's slow, I'm here all day, lol.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-05, 02:32 PM  
nomio

Talking An Introduction

I love to exercise. I love body movement of any kind. I love the rush I get when a new DVD arrives in the mail. I’ve been at this a long time. I was a Firmie back in the 80s. More recently, I was a huge Cathe fan until her recent Hardcore release, when I lost my enthusiasm for her new products. At about the same time, and more importantly, I discovered that my aging body is speaking to me (58) and asking that I change some things. After too many injuries and bouts with overtraining caused by ignoring my need for a longer recovery time, I’m leaving the high intensity and heavy weights behind. The Bar Method and Lotte Berk style deep muscle work is effective and really enjoyable. I have always preferred barefoot work. By visiting the Video Forum, Cinza’s posts introduced me to Yamuna Ball Rolling and Mindi’s enthusiasm prompted me to try Yoga Booty Ballet, which is fantastic! Thank you, ladies. I invested in Peter Egoscue’s books after reading a discussion of his therapy on the Video Forum. My next adventure is to see what develops with the NIA Technique. The vibe from all of you is wonderful; I’ve found some kindred spirits here. Thank you, all.

Nomio
nomio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-05, 03:52 PM  
new2me

You're welcome Nomio--glad you introduced yourself!!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
Old 04-22-05, 05:47 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Nomio.

Welcome! I'm glad you have found information you need/want and are having a good time reading. I'd warn you to guard your credit card while you're here, because visiting VF can lead to purchases, but you've already discovered that!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-05, 10:26 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

WELCOME You will love it here. I'm new also and have found my searching very enjoyable.Everyone helps you. But you have direction of which I don't yet but I"m trying a few topics to see where I fit or just get known. I'm also 50 have not been a home adict but I am becoming one quick and I'm very very glad to be one.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-05, 12:28 PM  
cindylouhoo

Hello from another newbie!

Hello! My name is Cynthia. I'm 28 and have been married for almost 2 years. I live in Florida, but was raised near St. Louis. I bought my first exercise video about 3 years ago, but wasn't serious about working out at that point. A few months before my wedding in July 2003, I decided to get serious about exercising, as I had about 20 lbs. that I wanted to lose. I lost about 5 lbs., but then fell off the wagon right before the wedding. I finally re-committed myself to living a healthy lifestyle in January 2004 and have been able to lose all my weight with the help of fitness videos. For so long I made the usual excuses, i.e, I'm too tired, I don't have the time, etc. Finally, I decided to do something, even if it meant getting up at the crack of dawn. With a 40 minute commute and a job that started at 8:00 AM, I decided to get up as early as 4:15 AM to work out. I now live closer to my new job and don't have to be there until 9:00 AM, but I still get up fairly early to work out. Working out in the morning has given me so much energy! I find videos soooo convenient for exercising - lugging myself to a gym just isn't for me! My current goals are to maintain my weight (if I happen to lose a few extra pounds, that would be nice, but no biggie if not), work up from the intermediate to advanced level, and to continue toning my body, especially my thighs, which seem ever so hard to do!

I look forward to getting to you all of you!
cindylouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-05, 03:49 PM  
new2me

Hi and welcome Cynthia!!! Congratulations on taking charge of your health!!!! (I have a few issues with my thighs as well, lol!)

Old 04-30-05, 04:33 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome to VF, Cynthia. I'm sure you'll find lots of new ideas for exercising here. Guard your credit cards!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-05, 07:37 PM  
Helen

Welcome Cynthia!
I'm rather new too, but have been made to feel welcome. Laura is right about the credit card thing - but be STRONG!! (Mentally that is, about new stuff)
I'm impressed with 20lb and 4:15 getups is truly amazing!! I impressed myself by rising at 8:30 for a Sunday today!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-05, 10:46 PM  
binky10

Welcome Cynthia!

Congratulations on your commitment to staying fit and healthy!
I'm sort of new too. Joined beginning of April. You will find everyone here very friendly and helpful. Also a lot of LOL's!!!

Barb K
binky10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread