Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box

Old 01-20-05, 05:40 PM  
Joe

Grape Seed Oil

I heard about it on television. I've read some studies done with it on the internet. And now I'm ready to start using it as soon as I find some to buy locally.

Has anybody tried it? And if you have, do you have any great recipe's that you can use it in?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 06:25 PM  
giorgi

Are you sure it isn't rape seed? Canola oil is from rape seed.
Old 01-20-05, 06:53 PM  
Joe

Nope, it's GRAPE seed. The program that introduced me to the idea of using it gave a bunch of good information on it. They made some sort of dish with it but I can't remember what it was. Anyway, everything I've read on it seemed to agree with what they said on television... it's good for lowering bad cholesterol levels and raising good cholesterol levels. They also said that it's flash point (where it catched on fire) was almost twice the temperature most other oils, making it safer to cook with.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 08:07 AM  
TuffNuff

The grapeseed oil is in the olive oil section. It's pretty expensive though for an oil. You can use the oil in anything if you want to replace it with other oil. Some people put a tablespoon in their protien shake, some put on salad instead of olive oil. It really doesn't matter what you use the oil for. You can even fry in it. There's no certain recipes that calls for grapeseed oil. Do whatever floats your boat. I do that. I can't stand the taste of veggie oil so I use olive. Have fun!
TuffNuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 08:17 AM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

I thought Grape seed oil = rape seed oil = canola oil. I thought the "g" was added because marketers thought that consumers might find "rape seed oil" objectionable. Make sure you look at the label to see how it was processed. That's really important with all oils.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote