Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-21-19, 08:36 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Elle, when I "read/walk" it means I put my Kindle in the book stand on my treadmill and I walk while reading. I put the font size up pretty big to make it easier to see and go for it.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 08:53 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Just letting you know. We all don’t know all the instructors so it would be helpful if you spell out the persons name.

That being said, what is SBF

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 09:06 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Jessica Valant: Cardio Pilates

Cheri, I agree with you that Robin is too expensive. She does have the recipes and podcasts (which I'm not interested in at all - the podcasts that is), but still.

Cheryl, SBF is Susan Bowen Fitness. It's easier to abbreviate than spell it out every time. You will get the know them! The Sisterhood is Robin Long, not Jessica. I wasn't sure if you had the two confused, it seemed that way.

Carol, I enjoyed my dog walk this morning, the weather is beautiful here today! Have a nice time on your walk!

Waves Donna, Brenda & Dana!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 09:17 AM  
Elle K

HI CHeryl-- sure sorry - PBL = Pilates by Lisa

Brenda - that sounds so nice to me.. great idea!

Today - quick morning sunrise sky walk 15 min to soak up some Creator glory - then 50 min of Hamelin Inch Loss course 5 class 3 - then Pilates by Lisa LIVE 32.. body feels so happy like Pilates integrates it all with happy glue.. #grateful!

Have a great Saturday!
Elle K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 09:31 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Hello,

Walk
Jessica Valant: Cardio Pilates

Cheri, I agree with you that Robin is too expensive. She does have the recipes and podcasts (which I'm not interested in at all - the podcasts that is), but still.

Cheryl, SBF is Susan Bowen Fitness. It's easier to abbreviate than spell it out every time. You will get the know them! The Sisterhood is Robin Long, not Jessica. I wasn't sure if you had the two confused, it seemed that way.

Carol, I enjoyed my dog walk this morning, the weather is beautiful here today! Have a nice time on your walk!

Waves Donna, Brenda & Dana!
I did, both long hair blonde having activity, Thank you. I feel like I need a cheat sheet. Not a strong point in my life. I liked singers but couldn’t remember their name. I’m still that way. Don’t ask me what street to turn on or where you are so I can explain how to get to me.

~~~Cheryl

Old 09-21-19, 09:32 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle K View Post
HI CHeryl-- sure sorry - PBL = Pilates by Lisa

32.. body feels so happy like Pilates integrates it all with happy glue.. #grateful!

Have a great Saturday!
I like that. Happy Glue

~~~Cheryl

Old 09-21-19, 09:37 AM  
cherimac

PN=Pilates Nest.

Christine~yeah, Robin started out charging $10 a month so that's why it seems super expensive to me now.

Elle~Pilates Nest is my happy glue, haha. I am finally able to be on my feet and not having workouts give me injuries but keep me injury-free. And I've tried every Pilates person out there, haha. It's great that we have so many choices.
Old 09-21-19, 10:38 AM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
PN=Pilates Nest.

Christine~yeah, Robin started out charging $10 a month so that's why it seems super expensive to me now.
Wow, I didn't know she started out that much cheaper. I remember when she was $19/mo.

Elle, your walk sounds nice!

Cheryl, it's okay, I'm the same way with directions! There's so many different Pilates instructors, it can be confusing in the beginning!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 10:57 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
PN=Pilates Nest.

Elle~Pilates Nest is my happy glue, haha. I am finally able to be on my feet and not having workouts give me injuries but keep me injury-free. And I've tried every Pilates person out there, haha. It's great that we have so many choices.
I think 20+ dollars a month is a lot. when you don't work out of home or are able to collect overtime, it's a lot. I already cancelled my netflix so I could better use the money on myself, on being healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Wow, I didn't know she started out that much cheaper. I remember when she was $19/mo.

Elle, your walk sounds nice!

Cheryl, it's okay, I'm the same way with directions! There's so many different Pilates instructors, it can be confusing in the beginning!
I am being brought to pilates as of late. When I was younger I did every thing, tried everything, wanted everything.

Now I'm a bit more stable and really want to do this. I do lan to also use my UGI ball and do stretching and mobility work. I just want a map to follow so I will grow in my new love, the right way. Like with someone who knows what they are doing so I learn it correctly and then find out I was taught wrong.

Today, Saturday Sept 21, I did day 2 of Trifecta Pilates, and it was mostly Core work. I'm looking forward or you tell me, is there a time when the stomach muscles won't hurt?

I also did 10 Minutes solution stretch..

~~~Cheryl

Old 09-22-19, 08:31 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday's workout was

Suzanne Bowen Fitness - Total Body Barre & Stretch - 50 minutes
Another new to me workout from Suzanne Bowen. She packed a lot into the first 15 or so minutes of this workout - a brief warmup, than down to the floor for a lengthy plank section, with reverse plank and regular pushups thrown in just for fun. Finally, at about 15 minutes we get to stand up and do combo work, then just leg work and finally back to the floor for abs. The last 20 minutes or so is a wonderful stretch.

Cheri I also remember when Robin was just getting started in streaming and it was $10 a month. I can remember Suzanne's streaming at $7.95 a month. How things have changed! Streaming has caught on (and gone up in price).

Cheryl - you might use everyone's Youtube samplings to see who you like, and then wait for a Black Friday deal on streaming. Many instructors give really good deals on their streaming then if you buy a year's worth.

Busy day ahead ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote