Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-19, 08:27 AM  
laurajhawk

We posted at the same time, Pat ... I'm sending love & light & quick healing vibes for your hand surgery!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 10:57 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I didn't teach today...I did Amanda's BSS2 workout and walked my dog with my daughter.

Pat I hope your surgery went well!! Send healing thoughts.

Waves to all of you.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 06:04 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, sending good thoughts for today! I hope everything goes smoothly and your recovery is not difficult.

I did an hour long Soul Sweat class yesterday. Today is my rest day since I don't do cardio more than three days in a row. I will try for some stretchy yoga later. My back is still not all healed.

I'll try to post later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 06:29 AM  
cyana

A quick post and run - don't even want to know how many hours I'm working at this point.

Still on the LWR 10 Minutes Abs/Austin Goh Belly Fat daily rotation and adding in other things as time allows. This AM I added:

YT - YoQi - Qi Gong for Brain Optimization - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzIpx6-WX4M

followed by:

YT - 10 Minute Chakra Balance Guided Meditation for Positive Energy - Great Meditiation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeGT1VXwfx4

I found this to be a really nice combination - had a serious energy buzz going. Hopefully it will last as I could use it!

Pat - Surrounding you in a warm, healing cocoon today. And sending vibes for steady hands to your surgeon.

Waves to ALL. Will try to do shout outs at some point in this lifetime.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 08:28 AM  
laurajhawk

I did nothing last night, watched three episodes of Downton Abbey. This morning I feel better (not normal though) and did WWE Power Leg Day. It's the longest segment (30 min plus 6 min warmup) so I planned it for today since I'm hoping to do yoga at work. I liked the workout.

Sending healing thoughts, Pat!
Hello to all!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 11:40 AM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Sorry to be MIA. For the past few days I've been immersed in an online class with my favourite energy worker, which has taken up a lot of my time. I managed to get in a daily walk and my qigong practice. I also pulled my hip flexor somehow, so did some great hip releases of Leila's on MFML.

Today was:
- 10 minute Sculpt & Tone with Amy Bento (3 sections)
- CS902 - For foot and hip pain relief
- Had a nice walk around the city of Gloucester. In the afternoon we took a boat ride along the canal on the Queen Boadicea 2 (built in 1936), that was used in the evacuation of troops from Dunkirk in 1940.
- YoQi Late Summer to Circulate

Pat - Hope the surgery goes well today. Sending you buckets of healing energy your way.

Cyana - Thank you for the chakra meditation link. I'm planning on doing this one tonight. I figure you really need these meditations to balance out your heavy workload at the moment.

Sherry - Sorry to hear your back isn't quite back to normal yet. Hopefully, very soon. Doing all this self-care work lately has been a necessity for me. After years and years of stress taking a toll on my body, I knew I had to do something to break this pattern of hypersensitivity. It does seem to be helping.

Laura and Jackie - Glad you're both feeling better.

Pam - Hope the flight back was comfortable and wishing you well in getting over the jet lag!
Old 09-19-19, 11:43 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Popping in to say hello & sending lots of (((hugs))) & healing vibes to Pat!

We got home on Tuesday night after a 24 hour marathon so we are both still getting over the jet lag. It was a great holiday but I’m glad to be home. We’ve been in the city spending time with DS, DIL, & the girls, home to the house later this morning. I haven’t been working out, but plan to get a little something in later.

Waves to all, back to post my workouts and chat later today or tomorrow....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-19, 02:00 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

It's like summer is back, so DH and I took a lovely long walk this afternoon to soak up the rays and enjoy the views. I didn't sleep well last night, so took it easy with some gentle workouts:

- YoQi Late Summer to Purge
- Travis Yin Short and Sweet
- PA Fletcher seated Pilates with Ken Gilbert

Pam - Welcome home. I expect it was lovely seeing all the family again. Did you get your inversion stool?

Pat - I've been sending healing energy your way today. Hope the surgery went well and your recovery is swift.

Waves to all.
Old 09-19-19, 05:22 PM  
sherry7899

I did an hour Soul Sweat class this morning. The last 15 minutes were basically yoga, so that is my yoga for the day.

I will post personals tomorrow.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-19, 06:50 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello again!

Today’s workouts, a collection of shorties...
~Essentrics: Rebalance Your Connective Tissue - this felt good as I’m creaky from too much time sitting in airports & on airplanes
~YouTube: Barlates Bounce Express - W/U and Knees & Kicks - I’ve been eyeing Linda’s sale and looking at some of her workouts that would get me using more of my equipment & gadgets. I liked this a lot, kept it low impact.
~YouTube: BodyFit by Amy Kettlebell Standing Abs - I want to put some KBs into my routine & this was a perfect one to start with.
~MFML: Slow it Down Hatha - a stretchy favorite!

Margot - I do have my headstand bench! I tried it briefly today and although it’s not quite as nice as the Feet Up, it works great.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote