Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-19, 04:15 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~ETV Waist & Arm Lengthening
~13,494 steps
~Yin leg & hip stretches at bedtime

Jackie - Glad you’re feeling better. Good thing you arrive early for your classes, that was a close call!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 04:42 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I went with DD to an apple festival today....money pit! Ugh. Came back and did some of Precho 6 which is sort of Sahra's Class of 2012/S and S in Motion.

Sweaty in MN. Hot and humid.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 07:57 PM  
cyana

I've continued my daily regimen of YT LWR - 10 minute Ab Cardio and Austin Goh - Burn Belly Fat with a variety of other short work-outs and meditations sprinkled in. This morning I also did LWR - Arm Exercises for Women - Get Rid of Bingo Wings and Tone Your Arms (cringe-worthy name, but a decent quick work-out).

I worked yesterday and today. Not the entire day, but a good part of both days.

Pam - Safe travels on your trip home!

Pat - I literally winced at the trigger point gouging. I'm glad you enjoyed the attunement video. She has more videos on YT that I'd like to check it.

Margot - I'm glad you also enjoyed the attunement video. I'm having a great time trying out the meditation videos. I love energy work.

Jackie - Oops on the class start time mix-up. Hopefully the IL visit was quick and painless.

Laura - I love those "private" yoga classes - I also go to a small studio. That water class sounded really interesting.

Sherry
- Hope you enjoyed the documentary and the trip to the book store. I sure do miss my leisurely Saturday afternoons at Borders.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 07:05 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello before we start the long journey home.

We just got back from our last walk to the lovely harbor in Collioure. It’s been a fantastic trip, loved every minute, but I am ready to go home. We take the train to Barcelona this afternoon & over night there near the airport. Then we take a very early flight to London, another flight to Vancouver (thankfully missing Toronto), and lastly a short hop to Victoria. Whew, it’s a long day!

Cyana - Hope you’re sleeping better, sent you PM.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 08:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! Happy Moan Day. It was so hard to get up this morning. Pretty low key weekend - I need a yoga fix ASAP!

Saturday was Meditation Day 14 double header - Energy Clearing Meditation by Great Meditation and later, Insight - 14th Celestial Palace of Tao by Chris Coleman. Also a housework blitz.

Sunday - Meditation Day 15 - Great Meditation - A Special 10 Minute Meditation by . Also GYM for 30 minutes recumbent bike, weight machines and PT on the cable stack; 6,213 steps.

The Great Meditation offerings on Youtube were both very nice.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 08:51 AM  
laurajhawk

Jackie, I HATE being late so I totally empathize. But you were there right at 9 and it sounds like it was really OK
Pam, I love hearing about your travels but I would want to be home more than you ever are!
Jackie, I hope your weather cools off soon. Our forecast FINALLY has no 90s for the week. But at least it isn't humid here.
Cyana, I hope you have a day off soon.
Pat, I'm getting up in the dark now and it is tough. :P

We had a nice weekend with DS. No workouts except a dog walk on Sat. This morning I did Yoga 30for30 Even Flow, and Upper Body 1 from WWE Power. That's a new one from Mary's last sale and I liked it. I was worried that I wouldn't like the feel of yoga then weights, but it was fine. I don't want to do weights then yoga b/c I would have to do a warm-up first. This way, the yoga is the warm-up.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 09:03 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Ha ha quick post. I dreamed about being late for my class!!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 12:45 PM  
sherry7899

I am behind on posting.

I wanted to do yoga on Saturday, but that was derailed. The people who live in back of us threw a REALLY loud party starting in the early afternoon. We could hear their talking and music even while in our house with all the windows and doors shut. It lasted until around 11 pm. Any room I could have done yoga in had the noise. Sigh...this is the only time in 15 years they have been really loud, so we didn't want to complain.

Sunday:
-Soul Sweat hour long class with Tori
-Yoga Su (you tube) twists practice
-5 minute meditation on my own

I want to try meditating without any guidance. It is going to take awhile to build up anything longer than five minutes! I am very fidgety.

This morning:
-Nia Class (50 minutes)
-Yoga Upload morning practice

We really enjoyed the Linda Ronstadt documentary. It was very well done. It basically follows her autobiography. The interview and performance clips were really interesting. There were only four other people in the theater, though! It was nice to have quiet for a movie.

Jackie, I despise being late. I am neurotic about being on time, so I end up being early.

Pam, your trip sounded lovely!

It was nice to poke around Barnes and Noble. I miss Borders so much! I spent many hours there. The atmosphere there encouraged people to hang out. We had a really great stroke of luck with Borders. I had a Borders credit card, which earned reward points. When you earned enough points, they would send you five dollar off coupons for the store. Well, they had some kind of computer glitch and sent us over $700 worth of five dollar off coupons! I could not believe it when I opened a huge manilla envelope of coupons. I did not feel right accepting them, and called the credit card company. They thanked me for my honesty and said to keep them. We used them for years! No wonder we have so much stuff from Borders.

Pat, thank you for the meditation links. I need to check those out.

Laura, I am glad you had a nice weekend. I have workouts I bought last YEAR from Mary and Collage sales that I have not done yet. Oops! They are all dance workouts. I worry about wasting workout time not being able to catch on or not enjoying them. I should pop one in to try a few minutes after my regular workout is done.

Margot, I love reading about your workouts. They sound like they are great self care. I need to do more qi gong and tai chi. I keep meaning to fit that in. Maybe I'll try to start doing that before dinner. I won't get all sweaty and need a second shower from them. That is why I try to get my whole workout done at once. I sweat a lot when I exercise and I don't want to take a second shower. I always say I'll do it before bed, but by that time of the day it just won't happen.

Cyana-I hope you at least had a little time off over the weekend.

Hi to anyone I missed.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 08:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ Meditation Day 16 - Jason Stephenson Positive Mind in 5 Minutes;
~ Lunch walk (almost 9,000 steps for the day)

I highly recommend the Jason Stephenson 5 minute meditation. Nice background music and Stephen quietly says positive affirmations in his sultry Australian accent. It would make a good "every day for a week" routine.

Jackie thank goodness your ILs didn't stay too long.

I hope you're home or almost there Pam. That sounds like an arduous journey. Did you get to see any of Barcelona?

Laura I noticed the creeping dark mornings starting. Your yoga with weights sounds interesting!

Too bad about your neighbor's party Sherry. Do you have the Insight Timer app? It's very helpful for timed, quiet meditation. Only three minutes a day can get you started.

Good morning Margot, Cyana, and anyone who visits, and sending hugs to Donna.

PS - can I ask a favor for positive thoughts / prayers tomorrow? I'm having hand surgery in the morning and will be absent or perhaps trying to keep up a brief left handed check in for a few days. It's not major surgery but will be uncomfortable; I'm getting a bunch of RA nodules removed from the thumb and fingers of my right hand. I hate to have two surgeries in one year, but they've gotten too large to ignore. Lots of meditation and qigong!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 08:05 AM  
laurajhawk

I wasn't feeling well when I got up - tired, sore throat. I took a Claritin and feel better now so maybe it's ragweed allergy, but there's a cold going around too. I skipped a day in rotation to do 30for30 gentle. I'm planning to take Vinyasa 2 tonight and then stick around to observe a Beginners' class - I never took beginning classes and although I've subbed a couple times, I would like to observe before subbing again next week and maybe taking on one of the classes in future. If I don't feel well tonight, though, I'll put it off until Thursday.

Jackie, that's funny that you dreamed about being late. It shows responsibility.
Sherry, what a pain about the loud party. But it was good of you to put up with it, since they don't make a habit of it.
Waves to everyone!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote