Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-13-19, 04:13 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!!!

Although I'm not sure why I'm excited because I'll have to work all week-end.

Unfortunately my insomnia has really been horrendous and then some this week. Ugh.

Waves to ALL. Hope to get back to chat this week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 08:09 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Friday!

Yesterday featured:
~ Meditation Day 12 - Insight Timer 12 minutes
~ Viniyoga class

So far my back didn't feel any ill effects from Viniyoga. I slept like a lamb. The class had a bit better of flow but yeesh that woman can talk. Very detailed instruction and demos. She's so sweet and eager to have us like it though. It was only me and two others, I hope for her that more people become involved. She's a real SoCal gal and getting used to us crusty Yankees has to be a challenge.

I've got to dive in, will come back and say hi in a few!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 08:25 AM  
laurajhawk

Hi all! I'm going the quick-check-in route too. Seems like the thing today.
I did Travis and Lauren's 30for30 Intention this morning; it was really good. Travis is great at fitting a full practice into 30 min without feeling rushed. No add-on weights since I still have that training to get through. I'll walk the dogs this morning, and our grandson comes tonight for the weekend. We have beautiful weather but it was COLD overnight - I had to turn on the heat this morning b/c my workout room was 58 degrees. It was 45 outside and that room has the evaporative cooler in the window so cold air comes in. (We take the cooler down in the winter.)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 08:36 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

OK I'll do the quick check in thing, too.

Not feeling great....i did a little Barre3 and Essentrics just to get my brain going before my class last night. After that I really wasn't feeling great....and had to go teach. Struggled to smile and keep it together. Stomach ache, sore throat.

The stomach ache is better....sore throat still here. I cancelled my appointments today.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 01:25 PM  
Margot

Happy Friday everyone!

Summer is back , so DH and I went for a long walk across fields to the top of the hill. There were some friendly horses and a cute Shetland pony in one of the fields we passed through.

I also did:
- Jessica's Total Body Balance Sole Sculpt with light handweights
- Spirals (Pilates - Michael King)
- MFML Functional Back Care: Somatic Spine. I really like somatic work but this practice didn't really do it for me.
- A short qigong class I found on YT, although it didn't seem like qigong to me.

Jackie - So sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope it passes quickly.

Laura - Have fun with your grandson this weekend.

Pat - Glad the Viniyoga class was better this time and didn't irritate your back at all.

Cyana - Hope you find some time to relax this weekend. Thank you for recommending the singing bowl meditation. My energy was just buzzing, starting from the feet initially and eventually working up through the body to my head. Very cool!

Pam - How are your feet doing now? Hopefully, your PF has long gone.

Waves to Sherry, Cheryl and Donna and anyone popping in today.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 09-13-19, 02:32 PM  
sherry7899

Yesterday I did 20 minutes of a Soul Sweat class, and I took a rest day today. I think doing four days this week was enough for my back. I am still trying to be careful. I will try for a longer yoga practice tomorrow, and get back to cardio on Sunday. I'm still waiting on doing weights and kickboxing.

Jackie-how are you feeling? I am so sorry you are not feeling well.

Pat, I am glad you slept well. That is a such a good feeling!

We are going to see the Linda Ronstadt documentary tonight. We haven't been to a movie at night since...well, I can't remember! We hardly go to the movies, and when we do, we go to matinees on the weekend. We have other plans on Saturday/Sunday so we will go tonight. We have a lot of chain and independent theaters near us, but the closest one with the Linda documentary is forty minutes away! Oh, well.... at least it's at a mall with a two level Barnes and Noble, so we'll go early and browse there first.

I may try two new fall dessert recipes tomorrow. I am waiting to find out if my DH is meeting a friend on Sunday morning so I can give some away to him for his family. I will also share with my MIL. I don't want/need all these sweets in the house, but I am itching to try the new recipes ( from Sally's Baking addiction: maple cookies and apple brown butter blondies). We are seeing friends on Sunday and I usually bring dessert but they said they are cutting out sweets now. It would have been perfect to share with them as well. I still miss my best taste tester-a friend of ours with a huge sweet tooth who moved away. I used to share with him all the time.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Hi to anyone I missed.

Sherry

Eta: cyana, I hope you sleep better tonight

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 05:19 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s workouts:
~YT: Lose the Love Handles Standing Abs with Tracy Campoli - Tracy suggests repeating this 3X, it’s about 7 minutes long. I did it once, too twisty, felt like it could irritate my SI
~YT: Batwings, Arms, & Tiny Waist - Another 7 min offering from Tracy Campoli. I liked this one in spite of the title & did it 3X.
~13,460 steps
~Yin hip & leg stretches at bedtime

Jackie - Hope you feel better!

Cyana - Hope you sleep better!

Pat - Sounds like the second round of viniyoga was better than the first although I hear you about wanting less talk. Lol about the crusty yankees!

Sherry - Yum, your baking sounds amazing! Enjoy the movie.

Margot - Your walk sounds lovely & I like that Sole Sculpt w/o of Jessica’s. My feet are holding up. I’m still fighting the PF, but it is a bit better.

Laura - Have fun with your grandson!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 11:12 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Pretty productive today for me despite my Flogger. Instead of the series of flexband torture she upped the ante with trigger point gouging in my left butt cheek. It was awful, but then she showed me a new exercise on the cable stack that I love and can take to the gym. Altogether for the day:

~ Meditation Day 13 - Life Healing Sound Meditation Crystal Bowl Attuning; plus Insight Timer for 5 minutes;
~ Lee Holden Qigong for Healthy Bones;
~ PT flogging and gouging;
~ Sarah Beth Sore Muscles. Sarah Beth was a very nice antidote!

Cyana, sorry you have to work all weekend. I enjoyed that attunement meditation, thank you.

Pam - ugh batwings is an awful title. How are you loving your time in Europe?

Sherry, four days sounds like enough while nursing your back. I hope you loved the Linda Ronstadt documentary.

Margot your walks always sound so lovely. That pony must have been adorable.

Jackie, sounds like you're coming down with something - I hope you feel better soon.

Laura it got cold here too! I hope you are having a wonderful time with your grands right now.

Greetings to anyone who visits today and hugs to Donna.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 05:03 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today was 12,425 steps and some yin forward bends & hip openers at bedtime. We saw our friends off today so I’ll have more room to work out tomorrow.

Pat - We are loving our time in Europe and we head home on Tues. it’s been absolutely fabulous but I’m ready for home.
I think your flex band flogger has officially achieved sadist status! I hope her methods eventually bring you positive results.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 05:33 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hello!

Well, today I was late for my class. I had it in my head that we started at 9:30 and it was a 9 am start . I always go at least 30-40 minutes early but walked in at 9 and my good friend had texted wondering where I was.

Ugh.

Then my ILs came today. They aren't staying overnight.

I've spent a little time with a pre choreographed workout for instructors and walked a bit.

I feel better....still a bit of a touchy stomach, throat is a little raw.

So glad it's Saturday.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote