Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-11-19, 01:43 PM  
Twigs

Hello all!

Today was:
- WOW All mixed up! Great uplifting music and I sort of followed along but mainly threw in my own moves to make it more interesting. Commercial breaks came along every 4 minutes or so. For this reason, I won't be doing it again.
- PA Standing Pilates/Ballet with Tracey Mallett - focus on lower body.
- Qigong with Daisy Lee. I decided to start another Sadhana, committing to doing a daily qigong practice. This is my day #2.
- YR Yin for Leg Day - always a favourite

Jackie - Thanks for the info on Ellen. I plan on subscribing to ETV again soon. I just keep hoping they'll start introducing some new instructors. As much as I like Amanda, Meg and Gail, it'd be nice to have more variety in styles.

Laura - Sounds like a good plan. Have you done the 30 for 30 rotation before? I was thinking of subscribing to check it out.

Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 01:52 PM  
sherry7899

Meditation: Yoga with Kassandra meditation for love. I like that she leaves plenty of silennce

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 05:02 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigs View Post

Jackie - Thanks for the info on Ellen. I plan on subscribing to ETV again soon. I just keep hoping they'll start introducing some new instructors. As much as I like Amanda, Meg and Gail, it'd be nice to have more variety in styles.
I'm thinking that they should start offering other instructor's submissions for workouts. I like how Barre3 has instructors from all over the country with different ages, shapes and sizes leading workouts.

I might actually send Essentrics a note about this.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 06:45 PM  
cyana

YT LWR 10 Minute Abs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ2G6pTMgHs
YT Austin Goh - How to Burn Belly Fat in 4 Minutes a Day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTPwMZIDiYQ
YT 11 Minute Crystal Bowl Chakra Attuning Session - Stephanie HeartSong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkKf0wyanMo

Quick post and run - busy week, long hours.

Pat - you must do the crystal bowl chakra attuning session, preferably with headphones. Everyone else is invited to give it a try, too!

Waves to ALL! !

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 03:00 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday’s workouts, I’m a bit more pressed for space,
~YT: Jessica’s 7 Min Standing Abs
~ETV: Meg’s Arm Toning
~10 km walking
~Acupressure ball posture work

Pat - Those PT rehab peeps of yours are pretty ruthless!

Laura - Your private yoga class sounds lovely. I will look forward to hearing about 30 for 30. Maui is definitely something to look forward to, I love Hawaii!

Margot - I did a couple of WOW workouts on YouTube and the periodic commercials were annoying. My other YT workouts all have commercials at the beginning.

Jackie - I’m waiting for an ETV workout with Sasha! I agree it would be great to see workouts from instructors around the globe.

Thanks for the links Cyana. I hope your work week isn’t too crazy and Friday will bring time to catch your breath

Sherry - Nice workouts!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 08:26 AM  
laurajhawk

I'm rebelling against the early-morning training, lol. Just poured a second cup of coffee, and I did Dance the Chakras (yoga & chanting) this morning and will walk the dogs. Last night's yoga was just me again and second chakra again but entirely different; we focused on mermaid as the peak pose and it was a lovely class. Kim gave us (er, me) a beautiful visualization about sending love and peace and positive energy to the *water* in your body (after discussion on how much of our body is water) and I found that very good; my tight quads felt looser when I did that than when I focus on the *muscle* (I think my mind goes "muscle -> flex muscle" whereas focusing on the "water" makes me think of the space between fibers and the muscle relaxes ??).

Margot, I bought 30for30 (streaming/downloads) when it first came out. I started a rotation but didn't get very far, have used the practices since but I feel sure I haven't even done them all. I have done an Ultimate Yogi rotation and I love Travis.

Sherry, I usually meditate on my own or with music because the silence is my favorite part.

Cyana, I actually have a crystal singing bowl - DH gave it to me - but how do you meditate with a bowl on your own? I may try the one you did.

Pam, I love Hawaii too and Maui the best. I haven't been there since I did YTT there in 2013 so I'm looking forward to it a lot!

Hi Jackie, Cheryl, Donna, and anyone I've missed!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 08:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Minimal day for me - Sarah Beth Yoga Deep Stretch Neck & Shoulders. It was a wild day at work - on all attempts to get a stretch break (YoQi, walk and then LWR) I got called away.

The evening featured a thrilling lecture on varicose veins and swollen legs at the hospital educational center. They have made great strides with that. When my aunt had hers done (very severe, impacted her health) she had to go in the hospital for surgery. Now in most cases they do it in the office and you can drive home. That's my project for next year - no joint surgery unless it's an emergency!

Pam - those PT chicks really are ruthless. Dang. My saddlebags are going down a little though.

Cyana, I added the chakra attuning to my playlist - thank you! It sounds wonderful.

Sherry - that Yoga with Kassandra meditation sounds nice. Agree - I don't like meditation coaches that babble on. Lead me in and lead me out.

Laura, your private second chakra yoga class sounds wonderful.

Margot - I decided against the YoQi free subscription. It's such a limited amount and most are over 30 minutes. Plenty of freebs on Youtube, and I have so many Lee Holdens. I appreciate your feedback!

Good morning Jackie, Cheryl, and anyone else who visits today. Hugs to Donna.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 08:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Forgot - Meditation Day 11 - my own gratitude meditation.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 01:31 PM  
Twigs

Hi all!

Today was:
- Carol Argo Energise and Dance
- Essentrics - BSS Ab Flattening & Waist Shaping
- YoQi - For Stress and Anxiety
- Lauren Walker energy yoga (paper workout)

Pat - 30 minutes is my sweet spot too. One reason I enjoyed Lee Holden's subscription was that I could choose the short option, edited from the live 65-70 minute classes, which were all around 20-25 minutes.

Laura - I love Travis too. His recent yin yoga classes are excellent. The 30 for 30 classes are tempting me.

Jackie and Pam - I was hoping to see a class led by Sasha too. If he, or any other instructors appear, I'll be signing up again straightaway.

Cyana - Thank you for the link to the chakra attuning session. I'm going to try it tonight. Hope you'll find time this weekend for some R&R.

Sherry - Although I enjoy visualisation-led meditations sometimes, I do like quiet time when meditating. I did one 'for listening' a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, the guy just talked non-stop the whole way through and what with the loud background music, it was impossible to hear anything going on around me at all.

Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 04:06 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning yoginis!

No workout formal workout for me yesterday, just lots of steps, a little acupressure ball work and a quick stretch. I hope to get something short in this morning.

Margot - I’m another who likes my workouts 30 min or less so I can string a few together.

Pat - Those PT girls take their job seriously! But hey, smaller saddlebags are a nice bonus, lol! Varicose vein treatment has come a long way for sure, thankfully! A friend of mine had hers done in the doc’s office.

Laura - Nice treat to have another private yoga class, it sounds lovely! I especially like the water focus.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote