Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-19, 08:06 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Saturday Check in

Kay: That's awful. I hate that. But with most places, if I don't hear in a timely fashion, I follow up. We shouldn't have to. But we do. And it's everything you knew. Now the waiting game continues.

Mena: I'm glad that Biggie is home. (You could never go on too much about him. Having been a "Cat"apulted person about 8 years ago! ) It definitely changes your routine and is a big part of your life. So chat away about him.

Helen: It is possible I burn the candle at both ends. Probably have for all time. But when my body say NO! It goes to sleep. Not really kidding there. Doesn't matter if it's at my computer, the table, the couch, the bed. I sleep when I'm tired. At any rate. Thanks for worrying about me. I don't know if I function perfectly on 4-5 hours of sleep. But I do think it's my norm. I think Fitbit says I average about 5 hours a night. (this was going back many many weeks on the dashboard.) Some weeks (Very, very few) say an average over 6 hours (I have my goal as 6.5 hours a night and rarely rarely meet it) and there are many also say average of 4+. So I suppose I'm in the 4-5 hour range. Let's not even start about interrupted sleep. At any rate ...

Ok, on to me, me and all me. . . (and Peloton of course!)
I found an online calculator that calculates if it's worth purchasing the Peloton (almost like shutting the barn door after the horse gets out, don'cha think?) But I did the calculations over 10 years and it works out to $4.40 or so per use. So I think (in my case) it's worth it. Besides, the joy it's brought to me is immeasurable!!!! Will it always be used this much? Not sure. but for now? you better believe it. Never regretted the Bellicon and I still use that .

8/29/2019: rest. Not sure why. I think cuz I did NOT get it done in the a.m.and then just said, "OH WELL ..." That is why the workout MUST BE DONE IN THE a.m. . . . .

8/30/2019: 60 minute Matt Wilper Power Zone ride for the challenge. That completed week #2 of the challenge (including extra credit) today I move on to week 3 and get a jump on it.

I think part of the reason I did NOT do Wed. was I was a little afraid of the zone 4s after my fail... I had plans to do the ride with Nancy, but I didn't get home from work till almost 8 p.m. and honestly? Didn't want to face zone 4s at that hours, so bailed. not good. I was happy when I did do it on Friday and all went fine and it wasn't that bad.

The problem with new zones and training with the "power zone" technique is: The first 2 or 3 FTP tests are kind of hit or miss. I truly feel the first 2 had a learning curve and I did not go out as hard as I should have. So I adjusted to my new zones with in a couple of weeks and then by week 4 or 5 I was so comfortable that the rides were fine. I was able to get a smooth graph, smooth easy pedal strokes. This time around ? I gave it my all and I am having a tough time finding that special perfect place within the zones. It will come. It is just taking longer and that frustrates me. (But shouldn't) I am growing and I am improving and one of these days? I'll find that "Sweet spot" and then a week or 2 there and it will be time to REtest and I'll start the process all over again.

That's my story and I"m sticking to it.
Ok, have to go look at the workouts for today and figure out what one or ones I'm going to do. Almost time for a little "Girl Crush" Quality time.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-19, 06:23 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Kay - sorry about the lack of response from the Dr. & insurance company. It's all so frustrating.
Mena - this is a very pet friendly check-in, so don't be afraid to blather on about your pet! Glad Biggie is home and doing well. They can't tell you how they feel, so it's extra stressful with pets.
Cleda - even if you lose your love for Peloton in a year or two, I'm sure you could sell it and do just fine. The fact that you love the bike and the workouts ensures that you will actually DO the workouts, and that is PRICELESS!
Waves to Helen!

8/29 - another Denise Austin, Fit & Fab Super Charged Cardio. This was a similar format to the other one I did with Cardio, weights, then a Tabbatta section.
8/30 - super long dog walk, 1 1/2 hours, not sure how far.
8/31 - ExerciseTV, a cardio workout led by Kendall somebody. I figured out how to use my Versa to track my workout and really liked having the stats available throughout the workout.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-19, 10:18 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Good bye August!

I'm happy to report dh has his solar system up & working. It fuels his man-shed & certain circuits of the house. These past sunny days have fully charged the batteries. Best of all, he didn't electrocute himself doing it.

All I have to report is a dog walk with dh.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-19, 11:43 PM  
Helen

KAY
Hoot !! on the solar installation being successful
So sorry about the ruptured implant and hassles with the health insurer.

LILI
I'll bet Denise was proud of you - she's kind of ditzy, but so KIND. Her workouts actually make me FEEL good.
Nice to see you're having fun fiddling with the new tracker.

CLEDA
Sounds like, given that it's been for so long, that you ARE indeed one of those who are fine on fewer hours of sleep (noice!) - I wish I was Sometimes I go to bed annoyed that I'm there .... again .... with 1/3 of one's life is spent in bed! Seems such as waste of time.

MENA
Glad Biggie is home, and establishing her territorial zones.

Oh dear - last actual reporting of activity was for Wednesday!

It's been raining a lot, for several days on end, so even dog walks didn't happen unless DH caught a break during the day for Alice.

Thursday + Friday - nothing
Saturday
Aerobarre absolute virgin (and dusty)
loved the music - seemed to be custom matched to the workout - more rhythms & tones than 'music' as such.
AND
108 Sun Salutations - buddy invited me to the 'event' at her local yoga studio. No repercussions - it was fine.

>> SEPTEMBER THREAD <<
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote