Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-28-19, 05:02 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Believe it or not ....

I am NOT a morning person.
therefore, I don't get enough sleep.

(Like last night was watching "Dance Academy" - a light show about a gal who gets into a dance academy ... on Netflix and was up wayyyyyyyy passed when I should have been. I'm suffering this a.m. (and not enough sleep for sure!)

My natural is to be up till midnight or 1 a.m. ....

BUT ... physically? I'm better in the a.m. and know that if I can get the workout done, chores done, etc. before going into work ... I'm much better off and have a better chance of getting it done.

If I wake up by 4 a.m., I'm good. Anything past 6 a.m., I'd much rather sleep till 9 or 10 !!!!

Anyway, no time to check in.
More later. I have to hit the bike.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 05:34 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
I am NOT a morning person.
Tell me your secret oh master of the incredible! No, NOT being sarcastic, not at all. That's absolutely amazing that you can consistently get up at 4 & workout / chores etc before work; but have a natural inclination to be a late-nighter.
SMH in wonder.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 08:32 AM  
mena

OK, this is weird. I know for a fact that I posted yesterday, but my post isn't here. I remember I responded to Lili about doing a Leslie with no Leslie. I hope I just forgot to hit the "submit reply" button and not that I posted to some other check-in by accident. That would be embarrassing !

Tues 8/27 - Classical Stretch - S10E15
Wed 8/28 - Cathe - Step, Jump & Pump (step only premix)

Cleda - I can only imagine that you have a lot of self-discipline to be a night person but get up so early. I'm naturally an early bird so I could never sleep until 9 or 10 a.m.

Helen - I have two Ballet Beautiful virgins. I just checked and one is Body Blast. I consider myself forewarned about it now .
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 06:47 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Quick check in to report my workouts:
8/27 - 2 miles with Leslie and a dog walk, along with some serious gardening. I was really sore from the weight workout from Monday! I'll have to try more of her stuff.
8/28 - more of the same: gardening, dog walk and 2 miles with Leslie.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 08:26 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Getting up early ...

Helen: I have a theory. If I get up before 5 a.m., my body still feels like it's night and it should be awake. If I hit that twilight between 5:30 and 6:30, it's AWFUL. So I either have to get up at 4 or 4:30 or 6:30 or later to wake up without dragging. I wake up frequently throughout the night. So, I have to draw a line and NOT get up before 3 a.m. (Or I meet myself going to bed as my father would say!) Then on days off or weekends, when I do sleep "in", I feel bad that I've wasted a bunch of my day that could have already had a workout, chores and computer time done. And in all honesty? I'm sure I do NOT get enough sleep.

Lili: I hope you like the Versa. I've been reminded (once again) with an inexpensive semi smart watch from Amazon that tracks steps also, how Much I dislike the wrist models. They just are never accurate. I compare it to my ONE. (which I know, they don't make any more). I'll be so lost when these (all 4?) give out!!! My guess is the software won't be supported long before I'll run out of my ONEs.

Mena: Not sure it's discipline. Just know it has to be done. I am not a very happy person if I don't have a workout in before getting my day started. there is a NOTICEABLE difference. . . .I *NEED* those endorphins. How did Biggie do? FWIW ... we have 4 litter pans in our house. Some say it's overkill. According to Jackson Galaxy (I think) we're one short. There's supposed to be one for each cat and an extra. (yes. I have 4 cats.) We manage just fine with only 4.

Waves to Kay and anyone else I may have inadvertently missed!!!

On to me, me, all me (and Peloton)

8/24/2019: 45 minute Denis Morton Power Zone ride + 30 minute Matt Wilpers Powerzone Ride, 2 5 minute stretches and a 10 minute core workout (that I did not like)

8/25/2019: 45 minute Denis PZ ride, 45 minute MW PZ ride, 10 minute stretch, 10 minute Glute & Hamstring stretch (wasn't too keen on this one either. they are too hard for me.)

8/26/2019:
5 minute Free Mode warm up on the treadmill, 30 minute Fun Run (don't now what was FUN about it but I am getting better) 45 minute Matt Power Zone Ride that was awful, awful, awful ** + a 5 minute post ride stretch

8/27/2019:
Bellicon Bounce & stretch + Peloton Chair Stretch (this one I like - 10 minutes in a chair for those not as flexible. That's me!)

8/28/2019: 30 minute PZ ride with Matt + a stretch before work and then a 45 minute PZ Endurance ride with Matt + 5 minute stretch AFTER work. I'm trying to bank some rides because I'm going away in Sept. and don't want to let the team down (or ask for a donation).

** so this ride was awful, awful, awful, cuz I was exhausted and could barely hold my zone 4. He did 3 Zone 4 (Lactate threshold) intervals for 9 minutes. By the last interval, my legs were lead, dead and I was ready to bag it. I did finish the workout, but certainly not anywhere near the cadence or the zone I was supposed to be. I spent 24 hours annoyed with myself and beating myself up until I listed and looked at all the workouts I did LEADING UP TO that workout and geeze louise. No wonder the legs were tired. Soooooo I forgave myself and will move on and redo it at another time when I'm fresher and not incorporating treadmill runs. I've learned my lesson there.

Today's ride(s) were MUCH, MUCH better. YAY ...

Ok, that's it. Off to watch more of Dance Academy before dh comes home.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-19, 09:59 AM  
mena

Thu 8/29 - Caribbean Workout - Workout on the Go (Yoga segment). I think this is a repeat segment from another DVD. I hate that. They had plenty of episodes from the TV show to pick from so why a repeat?

Cleda - I've also heard that you should have the same number of cat boxes as cats plus one. Normally, I only have two--one upstairs and one downstairs.

Thanks for asking about Biggie. (I hope I haven't talked about her too much and been annoying about it). We can pick her up tomorrow . They said she is doing o.k., but not eating much. And she has only hissed a few times which is good for Biggie.

Waves to Lili, Helen and Kay and anyone else!
Old 08-29-19, 08:16 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Mena, there can never be too much pet talk! Glad Biggie is doing better.

Cleda, you make me exhausted just reading about your workouts! I can't imagine doing them. Go you!

Lili, yes, the trails were all on our property.

Waves to Helen & Alice!

The good news is dh hasn't electrocuted himself connecting his solar panels. There are still a few to go though. His he-shed is self sufficient now though. No more extension cord running through the grass in danger of me mowing it.

Bad news is I haven't heard about my MRI yet. I'm calling them in the morning.

Not doing much exercise these days. Today I vacuumed the entire house, got cleaned up, met friends for lunch at our local rafting area. Went to the quilt shop, Lowe's & Walmart then home. Got plenty of steps. The weather has cooled & the humidity has dropped. It was delightful eating lunch outside. It may hit the 50's tonight. Great sleeping weather!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-19, 02:45 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mena View Post
Helen - I have two Ballet Beautiful virgins. I just checked and one is Body Blast. I consider myself forewarned about it now .
I have DOMS in my buttocks from being on all fours, doing rear leg lifts.

Update on Biggie?

CLEDA
I worry about you burning the candle at both ends. Not getting enough sleep shouldn't be underestimated as a health risk; BUT there are exceptions to every rule about these things - there are people who can be perfectly functional on just 4-5 hrs / night with no long-term adverse effects. Hope you're in this latter camp.

home from work on Friday evening - found this part-post
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-19, 12:20 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Quick update. MRI showed ruptured left implant. Duh! Next up more waiting for the insurance to ok surgery & pre-op visit. I called them. When were they going to call???
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-19, 12:33 PM  
mena

8/30 - Jessica Smith WS3 - Streamline Sculpt. This is one of those 15 minute quick workouts, but I don't really care for it. I did it because I wanted a fast strength routine this morning. I guess it's o.k. for once in a while.

Hooray, Biggie is home again! So far she has eaten, spent a lot of time drinking, and has been frantically rubbing up against all her favorite spots. I expected her to be tired and to nap but not yet.

Kay - Every day that passes with no one getting electrocuted is a good day . Dealing with insurance is enough to give a person high blood pressure! I hope your situation gets sorted out soon.

Happy Friday to Everyone!