Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-02-19, 12:42 AM  
Helen

Every day in AUGUST - any/every one is WELCOME!

Welcome to the 'Every Day in AUGUST' checkin!
Yellow Fringed Orchid (native to USA) & Acacia (Wattle) which is in flower everywhere at the moment. 1st of Aug is 'wattle day'.

We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU.

Posts aren't required every day, but are most welcome. Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen

So... if you're checkin-hunting to keep you motivated and accountable, being expected to do something EVERY DAY may be the consistency push you need.
NEWCOMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-19, 02:47 AM  
Helen

Thursday, the 1st: dog walk started the month with a lovely long dusk walk around the beaches / harbour with DH & Alice.
Friday, the 2nd: Cathe - Kick, Punch, & Crunch + Legs & Glutes - Kickbox + Strength Circuit + Abs Mix 61 min, it was a tough one!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 08-02-19, 09:26 AM  
mena

Thu 8/1 - Jari - Get Ripped
Fri 8/2 - Namaste Yoga - S3E8 (Bhakti Flow)

Helen - Thanks for starting us off. Those are pretty flowers pics you posted.

Happy Friday to Everyone!
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-19, 09:32 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - thanks for starting us off, lovely graphics, as usual!

8/1 - Jari's Body Rock from Lean Machine.
8/2 - 3 mile run.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 12:26 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Thanks for the start, Helen!

8/1 & 8/2- Let the fun begin! Baby Juliana came to visit! It was two days of crawling on the floor & carrying a very cute 20+ pound weight around.

8/3- Dh, son & Juliana went on a hike on Big Creek. We had lunch on a big rock on the side of the creek. Juliana loved mother nature! She smiled at everyone we met.

Poor granny over did it & came home with a gimpy knee. Plus I seemed to have caught the virus Juliana was getting over. So the rest of Saturday was spent shivering under a blanket & making slow, frantic runs to the bathroom! It's ok, she is so cute! They left for home late last night. Forgot to add the stats- 15,224 steps, 65 flights of stairs, 5.26 miles.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 06:07 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Need my arrow

Cuz otherwise, this is too hard to find!

Thanks Helen for getting us started.

Kay: I do hope you feel better soon. Your pictures were absolutely adorable! Love them.

Waves to Lili & Mena and whoever else might be out there reading!!!

Me? .... I finished off July by just walking every day. Nothing major, nothing crazy. Was visiting Mom and hit the park each morning.

8/1/2019: Peloton Christine's 20 minute boomer ride

August 2, 3 and 4: REST DAYS

I wrenched my back on Wed. putting my suitcase in the car. Uggg. It was a combination of stress, lack of sleep, sleeping on the floor & the recliner .... Knew my back went and then I had to sit on the airplane to fly home. By the time I got home, I was miserable. Couldn't even stand up. By Friday it Included a trip to the CVS Minute Clinic (love that place!) . . It was muscle relaxers, ibuprofen and a heating pad up until this a.m. I'm feeling better. . . So hoping it's almost gone. At least I can stand up now.

The position on the bike is fine (even when the back was out). But I opted not to push it. This a.m. is my first ride since Thursday.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 09:10 AM  
mena

Sat 8/3 - Jessica Smith WS3 - 1 Mile of Motivation Walk
Sun 8/4 - Cathe - Stretch Max (segment 2 with the ball)
Mon 8/5 - Jari - Ripped to the Core

I have been getting into a bad habit where I allow myself to skip the last few (2 or 4 maybe) segments on a workout when I start thinking about my day and how much I want to get done. I have to admit that I did that today thinking about errands and cooking and cleaning I need to do. Let's be honest here though, I have time to be on the internet so it's really just an excuse. I never used to do this. I need to be more disciplined .

Cleda - So sorry to hear about your back. That was absolutely the worst timing ever to have it happen right before an airplane flight! Take it easy.

Kay - I hope you're feeling better soon.

Lili - I was thinking of you this morning while doing my Jari workout. There is a segment right in the beginning where Jari does 2 side squats and then 6 back lunges and at one point she says we will now cut it in half. So I prepare for only 3 back lunges, but Jari does 2! Math was never my best subject but in my world half of 6 is 3 not 2! LOL - Jari math.
Old 08-05-19, 02:27 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Mena - well, at least Jari is consistently bad at math!
Kay - sounds like a wonderful visit, minus the virus part. Feel better soon.
Cleda - backs are tricky things. Don't push it!

8/3 - Gym Direct Cardio, something I found on Youtube and it was in French. At first I thought it was too easy, but she built up to tougher stuff.
8/4 - we took the dogs for a 5K walk.
8/5 - I took the dogs for a walk, then I mowed the lawn. The lawn takes me over an hour and I was dripping sweat, so that's it for me today.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 08:33 PM  
Helen

Drive by as I'm at work... and this is from memory

Saturday long dog walk & DH went to the farm
Sunday Derby 2 hrs
Monday Cathe - Mega Step Blast 8" ?? min + dog walk 60min
Tuesday = today, mid morning, have the long derby session from 6-9:30 + walk Alice between work & derby.

sorry for the drive-by
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 08-06-19, 10:50 AM  
mena

Tues 8/6 - Cathe - Low Impact Circuit (step only timesaver premix)

Helen - I'm always impressed that you do your stepping at 8 inches. That's hard work and you are petite right? So it's even harder than for someone taller with long legs. I'm a whimp who sticks to 6 inches only.

Lili - That sounds fun to do a workout in a different language. Do you know French or were you just following visual cues?