Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-22-16, 12:58 PM  
Fitstick

OT - Pinched Nerve

Has anyone ever experienced a pinched nerve in the lower back? How long does it take to recover and what was involved? Is there anything you can do to prevent it from happening again? Thanks in advance for any help.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-16, 03:58 PM  
DonnaMarie

Waiting

for an answer.. I have a lower back pinched nerve and need advice. I am seeing a holistic healing therapist tomorrow and hope she will help release the pinch so stay tuned.
Old 09-22-16, 09:21 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Do you know what the root cause is? I had a herniated disk in my lower back. A combination of physical therapy, massage therapy, stretches, and eventually Pilates gave me relief.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-16, 09:50 PM  
DonnaMarie

I can tell you how mine happened; someone left a suitcase in the middle of the floor, I pulled out my chair and creamed out my left side as I fell. It's either a pinched nerve or a pulled groin muscle as I torqued and fell to my left. My son-in-law who is a nurse, pulled me to my feet and advised me to keep moving so the injuries don't sieve. Two weeks later, I have trouble with stiffness and walking all day... I now assume it is a pinched nerve due to the fall. Sorry to ramble on so... something in there might have helped.... see what my therapist thinks tomorrow.
Old 09-23-16, 07:49 AM  
antbuko

I had one last year in my mid back. It was debilitating for a few weeks. I went to a Chiropractor for months, did stretching and yoga targetted for back issues, Classical Stretch and a concerted effort to adjust my posture for outdoor and uphill walking because that's what I was doing when it flared up. I did a lot of uphill outdoor walking this summer and I am confident my postural adjustments have prevented a recurrence. I am not exactly sure what else helped, i.e. chiro, yoga, CS, but for sure I am now able to prevent a flare up.