Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-03, 08:25 PM  
pipsqueak3211

Question any college students here??

Hello all! Well I join the crowd here. I've posted a few times but I suppose it's rather odd to post to people who know nothing about you! I am currently living in Minneapolis, MN. I do videos because quite frankly going to the gym at 5 AM when its 30 below out (okay I'm exaggerating but not by much!) just does not appeal to me.

I'm only 19 which most definately means I'm not married. I'm a sophmore in college majoring in Economics and Political Science.

As for fitness, ahem the main point I suppose, I'm a major strength training buff. I must confess I spend more time finding excuses NOT to do cardio than actually doing it. :rolleyes: Oh well, no one is perfect right?? I'd love to hear from people on VF who are in the Mpls area especially college students. I feel like such a young'un here on VF! (But I love you all anyway!!) Thanks for reading! Elisabeth
pipsqueak3211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-03, 08:43 AM  
Severen

Talking

Evening all. I'm 29 years old, live in TN, and I'm studying to be a web designer. I've been a lurker--off and on-- for several years. I've had a very hectic schedule lately...working full time and going to night school! Needless to say, I slacked off on my exercise. But now I'm taking the summer off so I'm planning to get back on the fitness track. I've order a bunch of new videos and even exercised two days in a row!! LOL. Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting back into shape.

www.angelfire.com/film/severen
Old 05-01-03, 02:29 PM  
Ms_sarah
VF Supporter

Hello!

I used to be on this board back in the late 90's. I had a back injury and was only on and off Cathe's board during recovery. I've been back here for about 2 weeks just lurking and it seems that my old username isn't valid anymore. Or maybe I just don't remember it!

Anyway hi to everyone! I am 28 and I live in MA with my fiancé. I am currently working out 5-6 days a week and my favorite instructor is Cathe. She has been my favorite since 1995. I do, of course, try to broaden my "instructor horizon".

See everyone around the boards!
Ms_sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-03, 03:50 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

And from Newport News, VA

Hi, everyone...found VF just a few weeks ago while researching some new additions to my video library and really like the reviews by viewers! I live in Newport News, VA; have been married 26 years and we have two grown, married daughters (no grandkids yet). I've just turned 50 and have been back to exercising since the New Year after several years and too many pounds "not having the time to workout!" Several things came together to get me motivated this time. My favorites are Kathy Smith, Charlene Prickett and Tamilee Webb and I like the original Firms. Have purchased a couple of Cathe's videos and am looking forward to the challenge!
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!
Old 05-07-03, 11:09 AM  
tlatrice

Well Hello...

I've posted a few times but I guess I should introduce myself here.

I am 29 years old. I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful 3 year old son who loves dinosaurs like you wouldn't believe! I am new to video exercising. I purchased my first video at the beginning of the year, but I am absolutely HOOKED!

I love reading the different threads here and I try to get by here at least once a day! I really appreciate all the motivation and support I find here.

Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow moms (I love being a mom!) and have a great day!

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined!

-Thoreau
tlatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-03, 03:08 PM  
Celes

Smile Hello!

Hi Everyone!!! I have been lurking around here for about a week and I have been completely engrossed by all these informative and wonderful posts on this forum.

I started exercising back in highschool when I was gradually gaining weight. I never bought any video fitness tapes so I was doing my mom's old "Jane Fonda's New Workout." Although it was outdated, I found it invigorating and great for workouts before school. I lost 20 pounds on this tape alone coupled with swimming, walking and rollerblading. Eventually the tape became too easy since my exercise was obviously not varied enough and then I eventually became bored and quit the outdoor exercises when University hit.

I am now 22 years old (and still finishing off my marketing/management science degree) and after not exercising for about 3 - 4 years, I have decided to get back in shape, especially since I noticed that overtime I have lost the energy I once had and became more susceptible to catching colds. It would be nice to lose about 5 pounds but physical fitness is by far my primary goal and priority.

Anyway, I love this forum and have gotten some great ideas for new videos (Slim Series, Tamilee...etc) All I have right now is TaeBo Live DVD (intro, advanced, basic, 8 minute), Winsor Pilates DVDs (set plus extras) -that just arrived today actually- and of course my lovely Jane Fonda Tape (that I still treasure). (I can't believe I am just going to get started on Winsor Pilates and the Slim Series and several Tamilee tapes are soon to arrive!) Looks like I just threw myself back into the fitness frenzy! (hopefully it is not short-lived)

Celes
Celes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-03, 02:36 PM  
Judyreppart

Delurking too. I have been a member for a long, long time. I just have not posted in awhile. But come here to read what you girls have to say.
My name is Judy and I am 37 with two kids and married for 12 years. I live in Las Vegas.

I Love my videos. I also got a pool two years ago and every time I get a chance, I am swimming.

I used to post about my bad back and some girls here really helped me when it was hurting. Had two back surgeries, that I somewhat regret. So I modify most of my work outs now.

Remeber when Wendy opened this site... I was begging to get in!!
Hope all is well with the people I use to see on this board.
Judyreppart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-03, 07:34 PM  
Metallicat

Hey There!

Thanks for the invitation to de-lurk!

I am very guilty of lurking! I suppose I don't like to post. I'm not that good with words, or with quick come-backs. I feel more comfortable in the background.

I don't remember exactly when I found this site - but several years ago. I absolutely love to read the video reviews. I've just recently discovered this "forum" part. Thanks to all who have taken the time to write reviews (and some amusing ones too!). They have helped me make many decisions to purchase more videos! (like I need anymore!!) I must have about 200 videos. The good thing is that I rotate them often.

About me - I am 38 and live in Upstate New York. I have a wonderful boyfriend of 6+ years whom I share a lovely house with. He understands my need to exercise, and knows from experience that I won't take phone calls while I am exercising I am a bookkeeper/tax prepaer for an accounting firm, and I *try* and play golf in my spare time. I say *try* because I am a horrible golfer - but it's fun and it gets me outdoors!

I used to be a morning exerciser, but now have to "make" time to exercise or squeeze it in when I can - whch means in the evening. I have been exercising to videos since I was in my early 20's. I stared exercise with Margaret Richard on PBS TV, then on to Jane Fonda and Callanetics. Now I use the FIRM, Cathe, Tom Holland, Tamilee and Corey Everson (GHAS). (Of course there are some Pilates, yoga and some odd-ball ones in my collection too)

Good luck with your fitness journeys!
Tali
Metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-03, 10:28 AM  
abbyalex

I guess I'll de-lurk too! I have been hanging around this forum for months but only recently started to post.

I am 39 years old (40 in August) and live in the Philadelphia area. I'm divorced, no kids, and have a wonderful boyfriend of 3 years who is very supportive of my obsession with fitness. I work as a legal secretary in a center city Philly law firm, and I do alot of local non-professional theater on the side, mostly musicals.

I started working out with videos exactly one year ago when I discovered the Firm infomercial and ordered the BSS1. I had always been one of those people who could eat anything and stay skinny, but then 7 years ago I was diagnosed with Type 1 (insulin-dependent) diabetes, and found that all the rumors that insulin puts weight on you are TRUE! Over the next few years, my weight crept up almost 20 lbs and I hated the way I looked. Home workouts have been my salvation. I've lost most of the weight, my blood sugar readings are excellent, my doctor is thrilled with my progress, and most importantly, I like the way I look and feel. This forum has been a big help on my fitness journey, and alot of fun too.

My current obsession is Cathe strength training tapes and trying to develop more visible muscle definition. And of course, my good health is always a constant goal and motivator to keep with it.

Good luck to everybody!
Abby
abbyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-03, 05:55 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Don't know why I haven't seen this thread b4, but here goes:

I have been around the forum only since last month, and am NOT a lurker, haha, I am a blabberfingers, always popping in here and there. I am a member of Fit Prime forums also, and have spent some time in ya ya's but don't find them nearly as friendly to newcomers as FP or VF.

I am 48, a Personal Trainer, Accountant, am married with a grown son, 2 canine children (VERY spoiled), and live in Littleton, Colorado.

I LOVE the information on various tapes I have gotten here. It is so detailed and informative. The problem is it makes me want to buy even MORE tapes. I own far far too many as it is! I am a Firm and Fit Prime tape junkie, I buy buy buy and then can't get to them but a couple of times before I am buying more! HEEEELLLP! Thanks to all of you who spend such quality time posting the various detail of the workouts!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread