Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-12, 08:57 AM  
lavna

Using the Tabata segments in the new Cathes

I just got Cathe’s 2 new DVDs and I was wondering how to use the Tabata segments. I admit I don’t understand too well how Tabata segments work
How often should they be done? Are they like Hiit and should be done 2-3 times per week?
Can you do too many Tabatas?
Can you do only 1 Tabata and be done with your cardio for the day like I some if her Timesaver premixes?
Can you do more than 1 Tabata segment per day (I would guess so since Cathe has more than 1 Tabata in her main workout)
So many questions! Hoping you can help me!

Thanks
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 09:53 AM  
zippity

I love these Tabata Bonus workouts; Cathe's two new workouts are extremely versatile!!!

Tabata is a type of HIIT; HIIT can be done approximataely 2-3 times per week; IIRC. Some folks say 20 minutes of HIIT is plenty per session, but some like to do a lot more.

I use the Tabata Bonus workouts as add-ons if I have extra energy at the end of my cardio workout. For example, today I did Horizontal Conditioning Volume 2, then Cathe's To The Max 30/20 HIIt, then still had a bit of energy and did the slide-n-glide Tabata. I almost did the Tabata Drills too, but thought that might be overkill, plus I was hungry.

You can do too many Tabatas and suffer the effects of overtraining. Those two short 4:55 minute sessions, even both done together, shouldn't hurt you unless you've already done a lot that day.

HTH!

Tags
cathe, cathe cross fire, tabata, tabatas