Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-16, 11:42 AM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Not really a clutter story, but since the late 90's, I always would mention to DH, I wish I had my own workout space that was just mine. When we bought a house a few years ago, I had trouble making my space in the family room/den and didn't want to wear out the carpet. A couple winters ago, he was doing some construction downstairs and was very vague what he was doing. So I thought he was building more of a storage area and he kinda kept me from going in the basement. One day, he asked if I would come to the basement. And there it was, my new workout room, painted a nice light green and white with Green Bay Packer pictures and such. Then we picked out some good sturdy, padded carpet and I couldn't be happier. I call it my Woman Cave.
That is too sweet! (And I changed the title of the thread so people would know what we're really talking about in here.)
Old 03-24-16, 06:43 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
Well, when I moved in with my husband, my SIL gave us her old kids furniture for our second bedroom. I put my workout stuff in the dressed. Now that we are going to need that second bedroom for a baby, I am going to have to find somewhere else to store my stuff :-)
Congratulations, Joanna! A baby is better than a second room or a secret room!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-16, 01:40 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Cleared the extra bedroom, which was being called the cats room since we never went in it , and moved all my toys into it.
This made me laugh! Did your cat freak out?
Old 03-26-16, 07:47 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
This made me laugh! Did your cat freak out?
Nope, I think she sees it as our special bonding time. She joins me on the mat (doesn't even wait for an invitation), head butts me whenever possible, and then stretches out (just out of arms reach) enticing belly rubs. It's very sweet.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-16, 06:39 PM  
SpiritSong

My new TV is up in my workout room! So cool. In theory, I can get YouTube (because of the neat new DVD player with WiFi DH bought me), so I'll be able to play Jessica Smith videos. And I popped in a DVD and the picture is so big now (plus since it is on the wall, I don't have to have my head slightly bent down the whole time). Woo hoo!

The only issue I may have is with floor work since the TV will be so far away now.
Old 03-28-16, 06:44 AM  
aunatural

A baby! This is awesome! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
Well, when I moved in with my husband, my SIL gave us her old kids furniture for our second bedroom. I put my workout stuff in the dressed. Now that we are going to need that second bedroom for a baby, I am going to have to find somewhere else to store my stuff :-)

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-16, 05:23 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayB View Post
Congratulations, Joanna! A baby is better than a second room or a secret room!
Oh, I agree :-) I just was planning to clean that room up during the March break but I spent most of it sleeping due to first trimester exhaustion :-)

Thank you all for the warm wishes. I didn't mean to hijack the thread :-)
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-16, 05:38 PM  
laurajhawk

Congrats, Joanna!

Christmas before last, DH kept asking what I wanted & I didn't want anything. I had a nice workout space in the spare bedroom... Finally I admitted I wouldn't mind a new TV in there so that I could stream workouts to it. (The old one was really old.) He suggested I take the living room TV and we buy a new one for there ... great idea BUT the living room TV was too big for my space! Then he suggested (IT WAS DEFINITELY HIS IDEA ) that I move all my workout stuff into the master bedroom and we move our bed into the spare room.

Well, it works great! I still have all my clothes in the master closet, and the room doubles as my dressing room since DH is still sleeping when I get ready for work. The big TV and big space are amazing! The cats love the room (I like to keep it warm for yoga, and we kept a humidifier in there). When there are guests, we inflate an air bed in the workout room. And we both think our new smaller bedroom is actually cozy and nice.

Although, it turns out I hardly ever do streaming workouts ...

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote