Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-25-12, 02:21 AM  
yahoo205

Cathe Download Butts and Guts and Bonus Download: Glute Squeezes and Leg Press

What exercises are performed and what equipment is used for the bonuses? also how long are each? thanks

also is butts and guts really that great? the download doesn't include the bonus abs and bonus legs, but i don't know if it's worth it.

what is a good upper body to pair with butts and guts?

thanks
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-12, 08:50 AM  
Juice

Here is my two cents (I am an advanced exerciser and certified group fitness trainer): B&G is one of Cathe's best. It is an outstanding lower body, endurance-type workout. The video includes both standing and floor work and includes a huge variety of moves, so if you get a download, you can customize it to your own specifications. This workout reminds me of a more intense version of Legs & Glutes, if that helps.

The bonus glute squeezes are done on a stability ball in a prone position and are unique and fun (at least to me). The bonus glute presses are just that: 3 sets of 16 reps done on a high step. Total bonus lower body time is 6 minutes. The bonus abs section is 15 minutes and is my favorite Cathe ab workout.

As far as equipment, like most of Cathe's workouts, it depends on how closely you want to follow the workout. I always improvise according to how I am feeling and I still get great results. The equipment used includes light and heavy dumbbells, ankle weights, a stability ball and a high step, but you could still get a great workout without all of that.

I'd pair any upper body workout with it, but if I was doing the whole thing, I would do upper body on another day
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
butt, butts and guts, cathe, cathe downloads, workout blender