Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-20, 09:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - February 2020

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Happy February!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 02:15 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I actually have the day off today. Someone wanted my shift and who am I to refuse? So far I did a 45 minute walk with DS today. Not sure if I'll add anything on. I have to go to the store and do a few other things. I also wanted to bump us up for the month.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-02-20, 10:49 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

it's February. Yay!

SB - I'm glad you got sprung from the shift today and got to walk with DS.

Today, I did a timesaver premix from Cathe's Metabolic TB. Then, I did maybe 20 minutes of cardio with an old 1990's VHS instructor whose name I'm not recalling right now. Yesterday: hip hop walk (Amy Bento). Also, nice dog walk both days.
Old 02-03-20, 10:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday after the walk with DS I added on a 20 minute feel good pilates workout from Trifecta pilates on youtube. It was pretty gentle, not what I normally look for in a pilates session, I like a little challenge, but it did feel good as advertised. I am planning a walk and hopefully more today. It's supposed to get into the 50s!! DH keeps saying this weather isn't healthy, we need cold and snow to kill all the germs, blah blah. But it's warm all year round in some places and they survive so why can't we?? On a side note, I was actually down a few lbs today finally. I have been trying to be better with my eating but I can't help but think the longer walks may have something to do with it too. Wishful thinking...?

NORA, nice workouts and walks. I'm always happy when February comes around too. It's short and then it's March and we finally have some hope at that point. lol

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!

Old 02-03-20, 10:55 AM  
sbh

Hi everybody! I hope you will allow me to rejoin your check-in. I strayed to another one, but decided to come back. I just can't post in several check-ins. I
have been doing mostly Cathe, Jessica, and yoga. Here is my last weeks attempts:

S-House Cleaning Cardio Blast
M-House Cleaning Cardio Blast
T-JS WS3 Total Body Strength
W-yard work
T-errands
F-JS WS3 Cardio Interval Sculpt
S-yard work

The yard was a mess. Filled up two large garbage cans with leaves. We are trying to get everything ready for planting in late April. Yes, I am old and I have to space the work out over a period of months now just to get things done.

SB - I hear you on the eating!! It is so hard to change a lifelong diet as we get older. Ugh! I have lost 4 lbs. though. 10 more to go!

Nora - Nice workouts. My DH and I walk our dog everyday too. I consider it my warmup.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 03:29 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Sherri, Nice to see you back!

SB, congrats on the weightloss. I've gained some back this past few months so I need to check some bad habits like stress eating!

Nora, I'm a little surprised its February already, and a leap year!

No news on the job front, Hubby had another interview with Fed Ex last week but we still haven't heard anything, he has another interview tomorrow with a pipe manufacturing plant in MS.

Hubby and I loaded up Cindy and went to Lake Sardis, MS yesterday since the sun made a rare appearance. It got up to 70* and was a very nice day. We walked around a lot, just happy to be out in the sun and spending time together. I had energy to spare yesterday but I realized that I've been neglecting my home workouts so I'm trying to make a better effort to fit them in even if I have to kick Hubby and Cindy out of the house!

So today I did WAH 1m Classic Walk with Rocky and 1M Walk Party, New Year 2019, While I've enjoyed Leslie's workouts for years I really enjoy the new crew, their energy and enthusiasm {and Music}.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 09:39 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hey Sherri, welcome back! Nice to see you.

SB- I think your son's theory is wrong wrong wrong. I'm enjoying this milder winter....and flu season gets even worse in the colder winters. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it!

PP- 70 degrees and sunny? Nice! Something will work out soon for the job, I'm sure. It's a process, right?

Today, I did a premix from Cathe's Party Rockin' 2. I also did a bit more from that vintage thing from yesterday, but had to get real and eject it.

Waves to Cambet and Tammie.
Old 02-03-20, 09:45 PM  
Tammie M

Here are my first workouts of the month. So far it has been a beautiful February here. I think that may change later this week. DH has been taking his medicine but he still has a bad cough.

Saturday (2/1) - Barlates Tone It Series: Pyramid Sculpt + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1012
Sunday (2/2) - Jessica Smith Walk Off Belly Fat 5 Days a Week -Day 1 Premix (includes 3- Mile Flat Abs Power Walk)
Monday (2/3) - The Firm Total Body Shaping Mix

Penguin, it sounds like your hubby is having some good job interviews. Hopefully he will receive a good offer soon. Good job getting back on track for the new year.

Sherri, welcome back! Good job with the Cathe, Jessica and yoga workouts. It sounds like you burned a lot of calories with the yard work also. I would like to lose 10 lbs also.

SB, it sounds like you are having warmer weather also. Congratulations on the weight loss. You are being so consistent with walking. I saw on GD that you are trying to walk a little longer than you previously were.

Nora, nice workouts. I am trying to include my older step workouts in my rotations. I still want to do an occasional weekly VHS rotation.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 10:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did about half of Cassey Ho's Pop Pilates total body workout.
Wow, she's no joke. The dvd isn't chaptered so I was trying to fast forward through a particularly brutal series but I overshot my mark then tried to rewind back and missed again so I took that as a sign that I was finished with Cassey for the day. I will do her workout again though. I also did a 58 minute walk in the afternoon. Hopefully the showers move out soon and I can walk and more today.

SHERRI, always great to see you! Looks like you've been doing some nice workouts. I definitely need to do more of that house cleaning cardio blast . Nice work on the weight loss. It's never easy that's for sure.

PENGUIN, nice job with the walks, glad you're enjoying the new crew.
Fingers crossed for hubby. Sounds like you had a lovely day at the lake.

NORA, nice job with Cathe.

TAMMIE, good workouts so far this month. I'm trying to walk around an hour instead of around 45 minutes. Seems to be helping but time will tell. I enjoy it either way .

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-04-20, 04:48 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Hubby just texted that he was on his way home, but nothing else, I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not.

Today I did Fitness Blender's Kelly's Superset TB. This had no warmup but the first exercises were deadlifts so I did cardio instead to warm up. I wish they'd tell you if there's no WU/CD before you start the workout! Then I tacked on Up To the Beat Fitness' 80' Power Walk which is always a fun workout, unfortunately I now have "Beat It" stuck in my head.

I made brownies for snack tomorrow and for my Dad's Bday later this month, we are celebrating tomorrow in case Hubby gets a job soon and will no longer be able to go to lunch with us on Wed. Dad's idea. I'm trying not to attack them, but I do better if I make something for an event, so I can't eat them all!

SB, I hate it when they don't chapter workouts! but I'm glad you liked Cassey. Its supposed to rain for the next 3 days here so we tried to get in some sun while it was shining.

Tammie, thank you for the well wishes.

Nora, I know in the future I'll look back on this time with Hubby and be happy we had it together so we are trying not to stress out too much.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote