Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-14, 03:32 PM  
isebelleg44

Tonique Addicted to Movement

For those of you, who have done this workout is it really easier than Born to Move? And is it easy to break up like Premier? TIA!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-14, 03:37 PM  
momofcha

Define "easier" It's really fun and very easy to stop at the 39 min mark, which makes it very do-able.

The chapters aren't quite as easy as Premier, but at that halfway point there is a nice break.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-14, 04:07 PM  
edensmom

It isn't "easier" exactly. There is more of a full body emphasis than BTM--arms and core are worked more. She switches sides more often as well. There are a few good spots to stop the dvd, can't remember exactly right now-between 30 and 40 mins in and somewhere around an hour.

I love this workout!! It is my absolute favorite right now.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-14, 06:15 PM  
SimplyGlowing

This is my introduction to tonique and even though I'm nowhere near completing it all I do it in sections also , or do it all but make pauses as needed . It looked much more appealing to me becauseof variety of moves . Of course as with any tonique there are lunges and squats but she seems to put a twist on traditional moves in this workout . I could never do premier cause it seems endless traditional squat-lunge fest but here variations of those make it mentally less numbing if it makes sense .
SimplyGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-14, 07:21 PM  
momof10

ATM has a totally different feel than BTM. Sylwia says that ATM is for those not ready for BTM. Everyone is different when it comes to whether a workout is easier. For me, ATM is easier than BTM was when I first started doing BTM 15 months ago. I think ATM is just a fun go to workout that makes me feel good and smile. That being said there are many spots that I am still breathless and feel challenged. ATM is 78 minutes and isn't chaptered like Tonique 2 or Premeir, but can be broken up at the 39 minute mark to be even on both sides. The second half of ATM is more plank work and lunge/squat to handstand moves to floor work on all fours. You could easily do the first half one day and the second half the next day.

Cheryl