Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-14, 07:01 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

OMG YOU ENABLERS!!! Wow, thanks for the responses. Gosh, I had no idea people felt so strongly about these workouts. They just really seem to fit the bill for what I'm enjoying lately and what is working for me. I can't imagine these NOT working for me, LOL!!

Do you P57 enablers do them on a day-to-day, back-to-back kinda basis, or do you throw other workouts in the mix?
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 08:04 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Kitty, I do them a good 5-6x/week. Sometimes I'll throw in a live Pure Barre class, or a Ballet Physique DVD, which are also excellent.

Honestly, I can't gush enough about how much I love Physique 57 and barre in general. I don't click with all barre DVDs (couldn't get into some of the other barre brands,) but I really find it is the most wonderful exercise for me. It just makes me feel so good. My body feels really pulled in all over, and I'm very limber, strong and most importantly, pain-free! I had been developing all kinds of aches and pains after I had my second child and turned 40. Within a month of doing P57 regularly, I was completely pain-free.

If you do take the plunge, I'd suggest doing them as regularly as you can at first. That way you can really gauge your results. I had been doing them once or twice a week for a while, but it wasn't until I started doing one of the monthly challenges they offer on their blog that I really saw significant changes.

They're not offering a free monthly challenge calendar this month (or next) because they're bundling it with an online subscription deal (which isn't a great deal IMO), but you can find the previous ones on their blog at physique57.com.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 09:48 PM  
Inchworm

Ok. I have the original set and did the classic one tonight and forgot how great it was. How different are the newer ones? Is it worth getting them if I have original set? Are there good breakdowns anywhere?

Thanks,

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 11:19 PM  
koinonia

I do them 3x a week with Zcut or Tonique Express as add ons. From personal experience, I lost weight fast by adding cardio to barre. Adding other workouts also helps keep me from burning out.

I concur with Nuggie's comment that doing P57 makes me feel soooo good. Some of us around here refer to this phenomenon as the "barre high".
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 04:41 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by koinonia View Post
I do them 3x a week with Zcut or Tonique Express as add ons. From personal experience, I lost weight fast by adding cardio to barre. Adding other workouts also helps keep me from burning out.

I concur with Nuggie's comment that doing P57 makes me feel soooo good. Some of us around here refer to this phenomenon as the "barre high".
I agree.They make you feel really good.

I like that they are quiet, so I can do them without disturbing my family with jumping, and I get a very good burn. I don't feel depleted after doing them either. I do have to listen to my body with the planks and pushups. I have mild carpal tunnel syndrome and sometimes my wrists will complain.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 05:26 AM  
eannem

they are by far my most used dvds as well. i really only reach for the 2 57 minute ones though and they really complement each other well. i can always count on a good calorie burn.
eannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 06:34 AM  
daimere

This thread did it. I totally just got volume two which is what I was pondering about for the last week
daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 06:49 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
Ok. I have the original set and did the classic one tonight and forgot how great it was. How different are the newer ones? Is it worth getting them if I have original set? Are there good breakdowns anywhere?

Thanks,

Kelly
The format of classic v. 1 & 2 is the same--both are structured like a live class. I'd say the upper body work is more challenging in 1 than 2, but 2 is more cardiovascular. I find 2 a little more challenging than 1. I agree with the other poster that they compliment each other very well! I wish they'd put out another 57 min. Workout.
Old 01-03-14, 06:50 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimere View Post
This thread did it. I totally just got volume two which is what I was pondering about for the last week
You won't regret it! Thigh and Seat is also amazingly wonderful!
Old 01-03-14, 07:17 AM  
daimere

Quote:
You won't regret it! Thigh and Seat is also amazingly wonderful!
Good cause I haven't been feeling fluidity's t/s booster lately when I've wanted a boost.
daimere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p57, p57 customer service, physique 57, tanya becker