Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-13, 01:07 AM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
I'm considering the book purchase and possibly one or two streaming videos on the P57 website to see if this set is for me. I've read some reviews in researching this set that indicates that P57 releases a lot of endorphins and really makes you feel good. I'm hoping this is the case, as I am getting ready to start studying to sit for the CPA exam soon, which is a strenuous process, and I'm looking for something that can elevate my mood while helping me get through this process.
The book is really a great deal--either you're getting a $13 book with a free DVD, or a $13 workout with a free book--either way you can't go wrong. It's a little bit easier than Express V. 1, and parts are led by both instructors, so you can definitely get a feel for their "style."

If you're looking for a mood-booster, you are dead on target here. I am SOARING after a P57 w/o, and usually cracking up halfway through, too. ...And then limping afterward (so I wouldn't probably do it right before you literally have to sit for the exam. Hee!).
Old 12-16-13, 01:41 AM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

I also love P57 . I prefer the 1st set. Over the years I've done these dozens of times & I always say to myself "that was a great workout" when I finish one.
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-13, 02:18 AM  
topfitmama

I love my P57s. They really are great workouts!
My favorites are CV2 and Express vol. 1. Thigh and seat is really tough, but I always feel awesome when I've finished it.
P57 + walking and stretching sounds perfect.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-13, 05:26 AM  
PhyllisG

Love P57. They are the only barre workouts I ended up keeping. I also like Tanya. She is funny and motivating. I really don't mind her comments and find them amusing. These are workouts I will never part with--did that once and had to trade/buy to get them all back.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-13, 05:57 AM  
in paris

Quote:
I'm considering the book purchase and possibly one or two streaming videos on the P57 website to see if this set is for me. I've read some reviews in researching this set that indicates that P57 releases a lot of endorphins and really makes you feel good. I'm hoping this is the case, as I am getting ready to start studying to sit for the CPA exam soon, which is a strenuous process, and I'm looking for something that can elevate my mood while helping me get through this process.
Just had to comment on the bolded part because I don't recall ever seeing that in reviews -- then again, I've had both sets of P57 DVDs from the time they came out so I guess I never looked at that many reviews

However, I can say that doing the classes consistently (5-6 classes a week) definitely had me on a much needed high. I definitely felt stronger, happier, and had a lot more energy and concentration for other areas of my life.

I've done a lot of different barre DVDs and still like a lot of them, but P57 are most definitely my favourite! With a lot of concentration (read: good form), they will get you sweating and feel well-worked out without exhausting you completely.

I wouldn't have believed the whole endorphin thing, honestly, if I hadn't experienced it myself.
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-13, 06:03 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Honestly, the reason I love barre (and p57 in particular) is how it makes me feel when it's over. It's like a happy drug. And p57 offers so many short workouts. Personally, I'd love it if they'd put out another 57 min. Workout, but the majority are 30 min. Which is great when you're pressed for time.

If you're going to try an online workout, I'd say FIT is my favorite. They're all excellent (haven't tried the newest one yet) but the October and November ones both move quite quickly. I liked that because it kept my heart rate right up there, but if you're newer to the method, that might feel a little frustrating? It's great that you've taken some live barre classes. I can't stress enough how helpful that is.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-13, 07:44 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

The book and DVD were delivered a bit ago. Maybe I'll preview the DVD later tonight.

ETA: The DVD looks like a great deal for the price. I'm sure I'll do the 9-1/2 minute upper body section. Not sure the barre-type lower body stuff is for me. I'd rather do squats, plies and deadlifts with weights. And one thing I will never in my life understand is why a video contains music that they don't exercise to. When I hear music, my body wants to move to the beat. I can't imagine doing an exercise off-beat with the music.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13, 12:12 AM  
daisyfit

Physique 57 DVDs are just the best. Fun and tough to do and the time flies by. I really hope there is a Physique series 3 though it does seems that a lot of instructors seem to be offering online type workouts now rather than producing any more DVDs.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13, 12:50 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I love the Express 30 from Vol. 1 the most, followed by the 57 Classic from Vol. 1.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13, 02:09 AM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
If you're going to try an online workout, I'd say FIT is my favorite. They're all excellent (haven't tried the newest one yet) but the October and November ones both move quite quickly.
Nuggie's Auntie, where are the FIT workouts you're referring to?

Love your blog, BTW!

Thanks,

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p57, physique 57, tanya becker