Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-19-12, 07:47 PM  
preklbt

Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle

Has anyone read this ebook? Would you recommend it? Did it help you lose fat?
Thanks!
Tami
preklbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 08:01 PM  
RedPanda

I think the book is a bit dated, but I found it very helpful in setting up a diet program. I followed the program religiously for six or seven weeks, and did lose fat, gain muscle and saw increased strength gains.

After six weeks I kind of snapped and realised you don't have to be quite so rigid about diet, but I still eat pretty much the same way. Tom sets out the information in a way that makes it easy to follow.

Just adding: As others on this forum have mentioned, it's not a good program for anyone who tends to be obssessive or has had an eating disorder.
Old 07-19-12, 08:30 PM  
jaburke66

Good book and will definitely be motivating -- he spends the 1st part of the book doing nothing but serious goal setting and just *why* you are embarking on the journey. Really, I think that's why most "diets" don't work -- lack of goal setting and creating a realistic road map for how to get there. And sacrifices must be made to achieve your goal, but he also talks about rewards along the way. It's been a long time since I read it and my take away was along the lines of "fail to plan, plan to fail" and common sense clean eating.
Old 07-19-12, 08:49 PM  
preklbt

Thanks for the feedback.

Does he talk much about body types (endomorph, etc) & what exercises are best for that type of body? That was how I found the book, reading more about exercises & foods for the different body types. Maybe this is info I can find online in general & not need to spend $40 for the e-book.

Tami
preklbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 09:31 PM  
RedPanda

There's an overview of the best diet and exercise program for each body type but IIRC, the book doesn't go into detail about the best exercises for each body type.

For me, the value in the program was working out the optimum ratio of protein, carbohydrate and fat for me, but that's where the problems can creep in, because it's a trial and error process which asks you to log literally every calorie and gram of protein, carbohydrate and fat which passes your lips.

Tags
bfbm, tom venuto