Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-09, 12:52 PM  
ruthular

Favorite Barre Workouts?

Which are your favorites?
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-09, 12:56 PM  
ldy_solana

it goes in waves for me but currently l like lotte berk and core fusions b/c of my schedule. followed by fluidity(just got them on SASE),cardio barre, and squeeze.

each of them seem to bring their own style and aura to the workout even though most rely on the same principles except cardio barre which is more controlled quick pace as opposed to controlled slow pulses.

i also enjoy pure barre and bar method. i used to have callentics but since my vcr died i gave them away.

kassia
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-09, 01:13 PM  
Honeydew

I like Physique 57 30 minute express workout and Kathy Smith's total body lift.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-09, 01:15 PM  
PhyllisG

Right now it is P57 Express and P57 Arms & Abs plus The BarMethod Change Your Body and Acclerated.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-09, 01:32 PM  
sophie kat

i really like bar method accelerated and callanetics. the cueing and form pointers are excellent in these.

i liked squeeze when i first got it, and i did it consistently for about six months, but the any results took a while and plateaued pretty quickly. for me bar method and callanetics are more effective. i've been doing callanetics for a year and bar method since june, and somehow they never seem to get easier for me.

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-09, 02:22 PM  
alisoncooks

My faves are the 2 new Bar Methods.... I have lots of others, but somehow Burr just brings me back each time (And just when I think they've gotten easier, I lower my plie' stance a millimeter and she fries my legs!)
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-09, 02:35 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie kat View Post
i really like bar method accelerated and callanetics. the cueing and form pointers are excellent in these.
What sophie kat wrote, but I'll add CS/Essentrics, even if it isn't, technically barre.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-09, 03:02 PM  
ssgilby

I like all the barre workouts, really. I only do the upper body weights from the Squeezes. Something about Tracy E's standing work tweaks my back.

My current favorite is Fluidity. There's just something about these that really feels good to me. I've just come off a six week rotation of them. Am going to take a couple of weeks off and then go back to barre. I'd like to pick up Fluidity again, however I would also like to use some other barre w/os that haven't been getting used - the new Bar Methods, the Exhale Core Fusions. Hmmm, guess I have a couple of weeks to think about it.
Old 11-28-09, 03:09 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Oh, how to choose, how to choose. It's tough, but I would say Fluidity Advanced. I'm now trying to get ahold of Fluidity Intermediate since it didn't come with my barre. However, I also like others like Bar Method Accelerated. I didn't like it when I first got it, then traded back for it, was only so-so when doing it, and now I love it since I woke up with major DOMS in my lower body. However, I still like the Core Fusion workouts, too. Okay, I'm not much help.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-09, 03:16 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Fluidity and P57
I like the rest of them too, but these are my favorites. I'm not sure there's a barre workout that I don't like...

Tags
barre, favorites