Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-27-20, 03:39 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hi everyone.
Wednesday: hour walk
Thursday: ditto
Friday: STS bb.and a 40 min. walk. Now, it's been a month of STS and I finished my mesocycle. I think I'll continue on with it. So far, so good.

SB- At least we can get outside to walk! Nice that your DH is walking with you. Mine is outside cleaning up the property a lot, but so far has declined going for a walk with me!
Old 03-27-20, 09:33 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Wednesday we went to a State Park for a little 'social distancing'. We called ahead to see if it was still open and took Cindy along. We were there for several hours exploring all the paths, creeks and the lake: enjoying the rare these days sunshine. We only saw one other person in the park, although there were a few other cars, and we saw one snake. Thankfully, he wanted to keep his social distance also. I think Cindy scared him away. They had police tape around the playground equipment and all the group buildings, which was weird and a reminder of what was going on even in our excursion outdoors.

Yesterday we drove out to see my parents, Dad has been trying to get Hubby some odd jobs, so he changed the oil in the car of the older woman next door to my parents. She's also the one we bought the camper from. She came over to the house bringing Mom flowers from her garden, which was very nice.

Today I did at least 5 loads of laundry, made potato salad, hardboiled eggs and cleaned up the kitchen twice. It seems like every time I sat down some buzzer or beeper was going off. I did manage to get a little work on my shawl done as well as read a few chapters from a book. Hubby went to his Mom's house to fix her car.

Hubby got a paycheck from the ASU for the two days he worked before they closed the college, so that was a nice surprise. They are going to re open April 17th, unless things change.

Nora, my hubby would rather work on something that do a workout with me, even going for a walk. I think its just part of his work ethic and personality. Something like he has to have visible proof that he did something productive today. Whereas most of the stuff I do each week gets dirty again within hours, such as vacuuming or cleaning up the kitchen.

Cambet, I looked around my bathroom a few days ago and thought yuck. The prior owner painted the oak trim in the bathroom and kitchen white. Fine, expect the dust and dirt shows up a lot better in there, the two rooms your really want the appearance of clean! I've decided the next rainy day I'm going to clean the bath and then the kitchen, nook and cranny.

SB, I'm glad to hear your weather has improved, especially that you could get out and walk. More storms tomorrow but today was nicer than I thought it would be, not that I made it outside to enjoy it.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 08:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 60 minute walk. It was just a beautiful spring day. Today and tomorrow are supposed to rain so I'll do some dvds, maybe SS or KCM.

NORA, great job with your walks and STS! Congrats on completing a month of STS. Very impressive. My DH never walked with me before either but I think this whole situation has him stir crazy. He was actually working until this past Thursday. Now they're not going in anymore from this point going forward.

PENGUIN, your day at the state park sounds lovely. Sounds like you're getting things done around the house too. I thought I would be getting more done around the house but I haven't been motivated yet. There's apparently still a lot of time left for me to get started.

Waves to all!!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 09:27 AM  
sbh

Glad to see everyone is safe and well. It is so weird to see empty streets in CA. Still no toilet paper at our local grocery stores. I did have a small backup supply before the panic buying started. My DH works at a rehab hospital facility and no covid patients yet. Fingers crossed!!! Stay well everyone.

S-rest
M-Natalya K Low Impact Dance + MR MBOW Vol 1 Prog A
T-JS Dance Party + MR MBOW Vol 1 Prog B
W-JS Power Walk + MR MBOW Vol 2 Prog A
T-Natalya K Low Impact Dance+ MR MBOW Vol 1 Prog B
F-10MS Latin Dance + Annette Fletcher Joint Mobility and Stretch
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 09:10 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone! It sounds like everyone is well and staying sane during the pandemic. Here are my workouts since my last check-in.

Saturday (3/14) - The Firm Cardio Split + MR Body Electric Unplugged Series 2000 Volume 3: 2017
Sunday (3/15) - Chalene Johnson Turbo Jam: Turbo Scuplt + The Firm 5 Day Abs - Day 3 + Yoga for the Rest of Us - Back Care Basics - Parts 5 & 6
Monday (3/16) - Barlates Chisel It Series: Low Weights
Wednesday (3/18) - Barlates Bounce Intervals Series: Total Burn + MR Body Electric Unplugged Series 2000 Volume 3: 2018
Thursday (3/19) - Billy Blanks, Jr. DIO Latin Heat
Friday (3/20) - The Firm Upper Body Split
Saturday (3/21) - The Firm Lower Body Split
Sunday (3/22) - Chalene Johnson Turbo Jam: Ab Jam + Barlates Bounce Intervals Series: Cardio + Yoga for the Rest of Us - Back Care Basics - Parts 1,2,3,7
Monday (3/23) - Barlates Bounce Intervals Series: Singles & Doubles + The Firm 5 Day Abs - Day 2 + MR Body Electric Unplugged Series 2000 Volume 3: 2019
Wednesday (3/25) - The Firm BSS1: Body Sculpt
Thursday (3/26) - Barlates Chisel It Series: Keep It Low + MR Body Electric Unplugged Series 2000 Volume 3: 2020
Friday (3/27) - Harvey Walden Fighting Fit, Fighting Fat + The Firm 5 Day Abs - Day 1
Saturday (3/28) - Tracie Long Focus Series: Break Through + Classical Stretch Season 6: 601

Sherri, nice JS, Cathe and MR rotations. I haven't checked for tp in the last few days but I haven't seen it in stores either. It's nice to hear your DH's facility hasn't encountered the virus. The small counties near me are starting to see 1 or 2 cases. Scary.

SB, I'm sorry to hear about your job. My BIL lost his job last week. He was planning to retire in 18 months but now he says he is retired. Good job with your walking and dvd workouts. Whew! I'm glad your biopsy report was good.

Nora, good job with your walking and STS rotation. It sounds like you are seeing results from it.

Penguin, good job with your house cleaning especially with your hubby home. I've found I do better when DH is running errands or off fishing. Some of our parks are closed off so I'm glad you found one that was open for your walk.

CabC, welcome! It sounds like you are staying active even though your gym is closed. I used to belong to a couple of gyms before I retired and moved into a rural area. Now I enjoy my home workouts.

Cambet
, good job with your workouts and getting in your steps. Things must be stressful for you at work. Is your college planning to reopen? Many of our state colleges are moving to online classes. I have a few Jillian dvds. She isn't one of my favorites but I like that she packs a lot into a short workout.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 09:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday it rained so I did SS Ramp It Up minus the lower body floorwork.
Just wasn't in the mood for that. It's raining again today so most likely another dvd workout unless I get a break in the rain. DH is at the grocery store now. We haven't gone in a week but his list is pretty long so I told him maybe it's better to go twice a week with a shorter list to get in and out quicker. Craziness. New York is apparently the hot spot for covid 19 and NJ isn't far behind. Scary times and no end in sight for right now. My friend's DH has a cough and fever on and off for the past week or so. The dr's office wouldn't test him though and said he didn't have the symptons. They are going to do a chest xray to check for pneumonia though. I thought those were the exact symptons, fever, cough, pneumonia!

SHERRI, great workout week for you. It seems your rotation is agreeing with you. I hope your DH's facility stays virus free.

TAMMIE, great workouts for you too! Always impressed with your variety.
I think they said the virus is starting to spread now into more of the middle parts of the country. Stay well!

Have a safe and healthy day everyone!!
Old 03-30-20, 07:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

It was drizzly all day yesterday so no walk again. I did KCM's Trim Down workout #1. Phew. That got my heartrate soaring. Good stuff. It's another damp gray day but I'm hoping I can fit a walk in. I need it.

Waves to all! Stay healthy everyone!
Old 03-30-20, 08:18 PM  
patchworkpenguin

We went back out to my parents again yesterday.

Then today after Hubby vacuumed the house, while I scrubbed the bath and kitchen floors. I had forgotten what a core workout that is, then I got dinner in the crockpot and took a nap! I should have taken pictures of the clean floors and posted it on IG as a workout.

I think Hubby is starting to see that I do something each day besides knit, Ha Ha.

SB, maybe that's code for 'we don't have any more tests?". I hope he feels better and gets the medical help he needs. I think Cambet's marathon cleaning motivated me the most.

Tammie, I think I'm getting used to having him around, and am finding better ways to put him to work. Yesterday afternoon he had to go to his Moms an fix the car again. Then it broke down again today, so he had to go fix it enough to get it home. I found I missed him more than enjoyed the break.

Sherri, we've noticed that the stores are beginning to get most things back in, TP is rationed two packs to a customer. Mostly we shop at Aldi's if you have them there.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 10:05 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP, Glad to hear that you're finding the upside to housework! We have always had a cleaning lady who comes every two weeks to do the major stuff. Now, our guidelines say "nobody in the house" so, I'm gonna have to clean. We'll split it up. I cannot tolerate vacuuming, so that will fall to DH. The rest, I'm OK with.

Recents:
Sat: Kundalini Yoga Natalie Wells and 50 min walk. I will never again do that one, safe to say.
Sun:Yoga with Patrick Goudeau as a classmate but led by Erin Someone and a 30 minute walk where I got soaked.
Today: STS CSB and 50 minute walk
Old 03-31-20, 08:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 52 minute walk with DS (DH bailed after about a mile again ), Winsor B & T Power Sculpting with the band and I started SS exp Cardio Core Express but got interrupted about 10 minutes in but that was ok.
I had had enough at that point anyway. Today is another gray damp day but as long as it doesn't rain I'm planning a walk and hopefully more.

PENGUIN, nice job getting the house cleaned. I've been keeping up with the cleaning but it's the decluttering that needs to be tackled. Baby steps.

NORA, nice job with the workouts and walks. I see some yoga in there, for stress relief? Sorry about the soaking. I try to avoid that at all costs.
How is your DD doing in NYC? I hope she's hunkered in for the long haul.
It's brutal there.

Waves to all. Stay safe and healthy!