Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-20, 06:08 PM  
sbh

What was the walking one like? I could not find other games for the Wii. I only have WiiFit and WiiSports.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 06:09 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
What was the walking one like? I could not find other games for the Wii. I only have WiiFit and WiiSports.
Walk it out?
In a word: addictive! LOL, I'm sure there are big threads here on it.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 06:30 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

We pulled ours out the other day and replaced the batteries. We played with the ski jump and the downhill ski games and some of the other balance games. The soccer game is fun but it does require me to practice or those shoes just get the better of me. I love the little wii people.
Old 03-19-20, 06:42 PM  
Sissy B

My MIL gave my DD her Wii several years ago so for Christmas this year I got her the Gold's Gym Cardio and Gold's Gym Dance Workouts and Just Dance 1 for Christmas to use while she's at school.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 08:06 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I still enjoy Walk It Out. My sister and I always get a kick out of it when we hear one of the songs while we are out running errands.

Which set has the balancing games?
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 05:46 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Still have them all

But never really got into the Balance Board.

I played Walk It Out a lot (and may have to boot it up). I too, laugh when I hear one of the songs in either one of my other workouts (Peloton) or when I'm out and about shopping. (not recently! ~ out and about that is.)

We also have the XBox for bowling and the sports games.

And our newest addition is the Adventure Ring for the Nintendo Switch, which I found, hooked up but still haven't played. (Need to do that today!)

We were on the edge of home fitness long before it was fashionable!

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 09:04 AM  
owltx

We still use our Wii a lot - DS loves the WiiFit and WiiSports Resort games, and I love that they are active games.

I wish the Switch would embrace more active games.

I posted in another thread that we scored the Ring Fit Adventure for the switch several weeks ago (hard to find now) and that thing is AWESOME! So much fun, really very active, DS *loves* it and he is running, jumping, planking, doing push ups, etc. Fantastic for current house bound times.
Old 03-21-20, 01:39 AM  
Sand

I remember having a hard time finding one and didn't end up purchasing it. But I was obsessed with the Wii Zumba with the belt. I also bought some of the Just Dance games and the Black Eyed Peas experience.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 11:23 AM  
Mickey12

In 2010 our office held Wii Olympics. We were divided into teams, picked team leaders and team names. We opened up two conference rooms to make one large room and for a Friday afternoon in March we all got to compete. I recall there was basketball, rowing or canoeing, and I forget the third category.

I had never played Wii before this and I found it extremely difficult to score any points. I was disappointed in my performance but I had so much fun! I'm pretty sure our team came in last place or near the bottom. No worries, it was a great collegiality activity. Unfortunately it never happened again even though there were some discussions about it. Every once in a while someone will say, "remember when we had Wii Olympics?" Good memories.

Kim
Mickey12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 11:26 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
In 2010 our office held Wii Olympics. We were divided into teams, picked team leaders and team names. We opened up two conference rooms to make one large room and for a Friday afternoon in March we all got to compete. I recall there was basketball, rowing or canoeing, and I forget the third category.

I had never played Wii before this and I found it extremely difficult to score any points. I was disappointed in my performance but I had so much fun! I'm pretty sure our team came in last place or near the bottom. No worries, it was a great collegiality activity. Unfortunately it never happened again even though there were some discussions about it. Every once in a while someone will say, "remember when we had Wii Olympics?" Good memories.

Kim
That sounds like so much fun!
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gadget, gadget flashback, wii fit