Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-20, 10:02 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I don't think you get it. Re-read Marki's posts again. The first was just voicing her opinion. Which I would guess some would agree with, to a point. It is frustrating not to find things you need in the stores because people are in a panic. But to say this is just a cold/flu is maybe too optimistic. I think that was the gist of people's response towards her. I don't think anyone was rude when they commented to her. However, Marki's second post was pretty rude. Unless you know her in real life and that's just her sense of humor, it comes off pretty rude. A lot of feeling can get lost in posting, but it sure sounded rude.
I believe there are many people (not necessarily on this forum) who agree with Marki's original post. I have spoken to many who feel the same as her. We are all entitled to our opinion. But it appeared to me that her post was not respected as her opinion and it was challenged. Which could have left her feeling angry and frustrated. And for that I don't blame her. People on the forum feel strongly one way which is fine and good. But others may not feel the same. They come along and post differently and the response is very challenging and not very well received. If this forum is truly everyone is free to express themselves, then it should be that way. If someone feels differently then saying "ignore her" is basically dismissing her right to express herself.

I don't know, but this might be why there are many lurkers who are not posters.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 10:32 AM  
sbh

This looks interesting.

No more gym. Just this every morning.....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1239628301087518721
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 10:32 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I think it's very difficult when scientific evidence overwhelms opinion.
Old 03-19-20, 10:36 AM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
This! Thank you.
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 10:45 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
YES! Thank you for posting this.
Old 03-19-20, 10:47 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I believe there are many people (not necessarily on this forum) who agree with Marki's original post. I have spoken to many who feel the same as her. We are all entitled to our opinion. But it appeared to me that her post was not respected as her opinion and it was challenged. Which could have left her feeling angry and frustrated. And for that I don't blame her. People on the forum feel strongly one way which is fine and good. But others may not feel the same. They come along and post differently and the response is very challenging and not very well received. If this forum is truly everyone is free to express themselves, then it should be that way. If someone feels differently then saying "ignore her" is basically dismissing her right to express herself.

I don't know, but this might be why there are many lurkers who are not posters.

Mary
Okay, I am all for people expressing their opinions. What I fail to understand is that when people respond to someone's opinion with one of their own, it's seen as an attempt to quash the original poster's "right" to expression. I believe it's called a "dialogue." It always seems that when many people agree on a topic, the ones that don't agree respond defensively with "if I don't agree with x, then I need to STFU?" Well, no. At least for me, it doesn't mean that at all. However, I will present my opposition with my own opinion. I'm not challenging your right to give your own thoughts on a topic. I don't see a problem with this until someone resorts to rudeness and insults. And yep, it happened. Here and on other threads.

And I respectfully disagree with your comment that lurkers don't post because of this. We do tend to be introverts, after all, and the decline of message boards is a real thing and not necessarily attributable to what a bunch of meanies we are on VF.

Again, just my opinions. Feel free to express your disagreement. I won't tell you to STFU or that your are obsessive overreacting crybabies (NOT quoting anyone here, an obvious exaggeration).

As to what I am doing to stay positive, reducing the amount of "news" I watch is very helpful. It can definitely get distressing watching too much of it, and I do agree with marki that the media isn't particularly helpful in keeping people calm. I always say true journalism died with the 24 hour news channels.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 11:03 AM  
MARIKA

Did you see the canals of Venice? Filled with Dolphins and Fish and swans from the fact that no humans are out.
Old 03-19-20, 11:11 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Did you see the canals of Venice? Filled with Dolphins and Fish and swans from the fact that no humans are out.
Very cool! I've seen that a number of the zoos that are putting "animal cams" on various animals that can be watched online. Great distraction.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 11:37 AM  
fanofladyvols

I don't have Facebook but was able to watch this...very nice to stretch with, breathe deeply while listening and look at.
https://www.facebook.com/missouribot...0426356700383/

So hoping this link works anyway...it's rain falling in the garden at Missouri Botanical Gardens.

If it doesn't work maybe you can do a search for it?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 11:46 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

"Hallmark Channel plans feelgood Christmas movie marathon..."

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51960324

I don't get that channel but I believe it is possible to add it via Amazon Prime. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

I love Hallmark Christmas movies!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19