Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-19, 04:59 PM  
adrien_73

Morton's Neuroma workouts.

After a long bout (over a year) of PF, I am now experiencing what I think is Morton's Neuroma in the same foot! The pain varies greatly, but cardio and weighted lower body work are becoming an issue. I have been cycling but even with a lighter resistance it seems to aggravate the nerve in my toes/ball of foot.

I just started using yoga toes but was hoping some of my VF friends might have some other advice to share.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 05:49 PM  
furmomof6

I'm sorry for your foot issues! I have a condition similar to Morton's Neuroma called Frieberg's Disease. For a while when it was really painful I had to give up all standing work, even my beloved walking! I took up swimming at a local pool and Pilates mat work to keep active, and to keep the pressure off my foot. The swimming was great exercise! Two things that helped greatly with the pain, which my podiatrist recommended is:

1) Aetrex Insoles https://aetrex.com/memory-foam-ortho...hotics-14.html
*These have truly been a lifesaver!

2) Topricin cream: https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/to...174320-product

Now that I'm doing better, I have been able to go for my walks again and do some standing work, but no more impact for me. I ended up falling in love with Pilates too! I hope you find something you like that you can do to stay active!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 04:27 AM  
adrien_73

Thank you so much, Christine! I am glad you are feeling better. I am definitely going to try the inserts.

I've been trying to find some more comfortable shoes. Ive been noticing the right shoe always feels tighter than the left. I thought is was a manufaturing defect. Now I think either:
(1) my left foot is swollen due to my condition, or
(2) My right foot has "grown" over time, and is noticeably bigger than the left

So, this makes it nearly impossible to buy comfortable shoes now.
Old 04-12-19, 06:09 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've had Morton's Neuroma in my right foot for several years now. At first, pain was excruciating, but now, maybe because I sort of got used to it, it's not that bad anymore. Just a nagging ache.

I am able to do cardio as long as it's low impact and I wear shoes. Nothing barefoot for me. The shoes have to be wide. Anything medium width is out of the question. Sadly, inserts of any kind didn't work for me. I spent a fortune on them before I realized that. Icing and massaging of the area helps.

I do low-impact cardio (Jessica, and other walking-type workouts) but probably only every-other-day so I don't aggravate the area. I always wear shoes. I can do body weight type or workouts as well as pilates, strength and yoga. I massage and ice my foot and live with it. I've seen the orthopedic surgeon and my options were limited so unless my MN gets worse, there isn't much I can do about it. Good luck to you!
Old 04-12-19, 08:45 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith's seated chair workout - it's pretty tough!

I'm sorry to hear about your Morton's neuroma. It's sure hard to modify your workouts and I know it feels like you're missing a part of yourself.

When I had severe plantar fasciitis I was able to do Jessica Smith's seated chair workout. It's by far the most challenging of all the seated workouts.

Do you have a podiatrist you like? I hope you get some pain relief soon.
Old 04-12-19, 09:00 PM  
adrien_73

Thank you all for your replies!

I will definitely try Jessica's seated workout. I might see a doctor eventually, but just started a new job and will not have medical coverage for several months.

I did do Powerstrike 6 this morning and held up okay. A lot of times it does not hurt badly at the time I am exercising, but it flares up afterward.

I have so many pairs of cute sneakers, but none of them are wide. Guess I get to go sneaker shopping!