Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-08-16, 08:28 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I am supposed to skype with the head office in the next couple weeks, and am planning on asking them about the streaming "exclusive" workouts and any dvds in the pipeline. I think that they would be very successful with ETV if they would stream live workouts from their Montreal studio.
Sweet - thanks and keep us posted! I completely agree on the classes from their studio..... sigh....a girl can dream

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-16, 11:02 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
I am supposed to skype with the head office in the next couple weeks, and am planning on asking them about the streaming "exclusive" workouts and any dvds in the pipeline. I think that they would be very successful with ETV if they would stream live workouts from their Montreal studio.
Thank you for this. In one of Sahra's YouTube videos - the Hip Stretch for Hockey - she says something like "This isn't like the tough stuff (muscle building) stuff we do over the summer." That's always such a tease for me...I want to see what they do over the summer! I agree that live classes would probably be super successful with ETV.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-16, 11:22 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I would love live classes as well and I would keep my subscription. It's hard for me to justify paying for ETV when I already have most of the DVDs. The live classes (recordings of live classes) would make ETV more special.

Cathe's weekly live classes are very popular.
Old 09-08-16, 12:11 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
I think the hour long workouts are the "magic". The 23 minute episodes are enough to provide the feel good benefits of Essentrics...but that hour long workout is work. I also feel there is something to TA's theory of doing the same workout multiple times as you really learn it and figure out how to perfect form and work harder.

I haven't done "Core" for a long time...I would think it would part of a good rotation. I'm not remembering windmills in that workout or the side lying leg lifts.

Whenever I read on the Essentrics website or instructor blog, they talk about these retreats and the amazing changes people have in their bodies. I think they do two 1-hour workouts each day. So something to think about.
Thank you for the detailed reply Jackie! Wow, 2 hours a day? I guess there really is no magic pill or substitute for hard work!

I also have Class of 2012, plus all the long workouts Miranda put out years ago. But yes, I agree there's a lot to be said for repeating one program and improving form. Although it could be said there's a lot of crossover material among all these workouts, so probably some variety here and there couldn't hurt.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-16, 12:19 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I will for sure post after I've skyped. I have a list of things I want to inquire about.

I just keep reflecting on how much I practiced pcw1 (Sahra's toning) daily before I taught it. Before, I just would do an episode and maybe the longer workouts on the weekend. I really think that it was the repetition and daily hour long workouts that made the difference.

When I went to the Estes Park retreat, there were 2 hour long workouts on Saturday, and one on Sunday morning. My bucket list is to go to the longer retreat at the Spa Eastman....but it is spendy $$$!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 06:52 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Jackie you sold me! Will try a solid rotation of FBT, interspersed with Firm Vol 2 couple of times a week (which I'm loving). I *need* to get back to CS/Essentrics routines again. My body misses them!!

Thanks again!! I look forward to your updates.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 09:19 AM  
SimplyGlowing

Can anybody compare Full Body Toning DVD to a Class 2012 ? I have the latter now this thread made me want the Full Body one but they are pricey. I am looking to be enabled though
SimplyGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 09:24 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGlowing View Post
Can anybody compare Full Body Toning DVD to a Class 2012 ? I have the latter now this thread made me want the Full Body one but they are pricey. I am looking to be enabled though
I hardly ever do Class of 2012 since discovering FBT. FBT is a dream. Absolute perfect class!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 09:53 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

FBT is shorter...I think it is 55 minutes as opposed to 1 hour about 7 minutes for Class of 2012. There is no barre or chair work in FBT. I can't remember the trademarks in Class of 2012.

I should do Class of 2012 again...to me, that workout moves slowly and is LONG. I often use the floorwork to tag onto an episode. Class of 2012 is more like a live Essentrics class...as is FBT.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 12:46 PM  
SimplyGlowing

Thank you Jackie and Sue. Off to order
SimplyGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics