Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-13, 10:13 PM  
preklbt

rebounder question

I am thinking of getting a jumpsport (maybe the 250 one), but before I do, I had a few questions. I have read some use them for impact type of workouts, but the surface area seems so small, so what type of moves can you do on them? I thought I'd read some do jumping jacks on them, but how can you do that, it doesn't seem like there is enough room.

Thanks so much for any help & guidance you can give!
Tami
preklbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 10:17 PM  
horusosiris

I do many high impact exercises on my Jumpsport without any problems. I do jumping jacks, some agility drills, (with modifications for the rebounder) tuck jumps, squats jumps, air jacks, etc. and there is sufficient room on the rebounder.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 11:01 PM  
TerryMia

I also have a Jumpsport and absolutely love it! I don't feel the area is too small...there are rebounders with bigger mat surfaces, but this is the best rebounder I've ever had...the bounce is wonderful!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 06:27 AM  
preklbt

Thanks ladies!

Which jumpsport do you have?

Tami
preklbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 06:29 AM  
kariev34

Very timely question tami as I've been eyeing a jumpsport myself.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 06:56 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by preklbt View Post
Thanks ladies!

Tami

I have the 350
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 07:35 AM  
horsemom2

I have been using the 370 but with a skirt mat so more like the 350 for 2 1/2 years now. Only reason why I have both mats is because I got mine when they were first sold and the original petal mat instantly ripped. Customer service was wonderful.
Petal mats are nicer for lying down on the bungee but really do not offer more space unless you do not mind landing on the petals. I found myself avoiding that and still using just the center of the mat. Either way if you wanted to land beyond the center of the mat, shoes would probably make that feel more stabilized on either mat. I prefer to go barefooted. The Petal mats do make alittle more noise. I have no problem doing jumping jacks and can actually take a small step, even hop in any direction from the center. Mostly, I use my whole body, starting the motion from the core then the hips rather than with my feet if that makes any sense? If I want to use my feet and floor space more, I will just leave the bungee.

The only reason I would suggest a 300 instead of 200 model is the longer cord warranty. However, the 200 cord warranty is still as good as the Bellicon's so it depends on how much you plan to use the bungee.

I use mine just about daily and have noticed some of the cord covers are starting to fray alittle on their edges from friction with the frame but believe the inner bungee cords are still intact.
Jumpsport has recently released a larger frame which may be my next rebounder if there is ever a good deal on it.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 08:50 AM  
andtckrtoo

I have the least expensive Jumpsport and love it. It's so quiet (after my Urban Rebounder!). I've done much on Insanity and Asylum 2 on it. It requires some modification, but that's easy enough.
Old 03-15-13, 10:22 AM  
TerryMia

Quote:
Originally Posted by preklbt View Post
Thanks ladies!

Tami
I've got the 350, but have the petal mat design. As much as I love my Jumpsport, I do admit to lusting after a Bellicon, though!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 11:28 AM  
laurajhawk

I use my Jumpsport (350i) for jumping jacks. As compared to jacks on the floor, you give it more height, less lateral movement. It feels fine (to me).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote