Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-09, 09:01 AM  
Cowgirl32

Supreme pilates in my book is most effective when done correctly, but since you don't have access to it...I LOVE MTV pilates mix; it's a a little gem.
Old 11-05-09, 06:28 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

My favorites and ones that I reach for continually are Hilary Burnett's Intermediate Pilates, Winsor Pilates Advanced Body Slimming, and either of Jules Benson pilates workouts.

One of Jules is nearly an hour, but she has a shorter one that's coupled with a step workout (I only do the pilates portion) that's only 20 minutes and is just basically a shorter version of the longer one.

Oh,and also the new 10 Minute Quick Sculpt Pilates (as previously mentioned earlier) is a great little workout. Tougher than the other 10 minute ones in its own sneaky little way.

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 06:33 PM  
Sparky10

my fav

My favorite all time pilates dvd is the 10 min solution Perfect Body Pilates. I did it yesterday and it is effective--you may want to know that light weights are used in the arm section
Sparky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 09:20 PM  
LauraBella

I have Jules and the MTV's and several of the 10MS(though not the one with the ball). Just picked up a couple Mari's on ebay/amazon this week. I really like the mtv pilates mix and most of the 10 MS. I didn't click with Jules...I don't remember why. Just remember that it was "like" not "love." Maybe I should try it again.

Will def be looking for Hillary Burnett--she got several recs. Of Ana's (haven't tried her yet, either), does anyone have a fave?
LauraBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 09:21 PM  
LauraBella

O! And, does anyone have an opinion about element's Slim and Tone Pilates?
Old 11-06-09, 12:35 AM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

My favorite pilates dvd will probably always be Fit Chic pilates. I'm not sure it's what you're looking for (it has 2 sections, and the one you do is choreographed to music and no verbal instruction - you fall on-screen cues). I also like Jules Benson's pilates dvd.
Old 11-06-09, 01:34 AM  
ilovemybirds

I'm so glad I saw this thread!! I'm finding, as of late, that pilates seems to be my favorite form of exercising right now. So far, I have all of the 10 MS pilates dvds, except for the one with the little ball (I covet this one), and I just bought Pilates for Pink Core Challenge, which looked like it had a couple of tough ab workouts on it (I just previewed it today, and I'll try it tomorrow). I'm off to research these other suggestions.
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 10:00 AM  
LauraBella

alikruegs~I'm not sure what I'm looking for either! More variety, I guess, but nothing too easy. Something in that 30-45 minute zone would be nice.

ilovemybird~ I do like the one with the "little" ball *don't have the one with the larger ball). I would love to hear what you think of Mari's once you try it.
Old 11-06-09, 12:22 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

Alikruegs: Y'know, I totally forgot about that Fit Chic pilates DVD - I definitely need to pull that one out again, I always enjoyed it!

Thanks for the reminder!

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 12:43 PM  
LauraBella

I'm not familiar with Fit Chic pilates.... Need to check it out, but where?

I just did Ana Caban for the first time. Not sure what I think.... She cues well, and a few of the moves were challenging. But the particular dvd I tried felt awfully short---and I think I want something with more lower body work. (I did maintanance pilates for weight loss. Weird title.)

Tags
favorite pilates dvds, jules benson, pilates, pilates ball, pilates band, standing pilates