Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-06-21, 10:21 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Ladies,

I just noticed that they are putting in a Club Pilates location about 1 minute from house. Oh dear...

Carol
Maybe they'll have specials for grand opening.
Old 03-06-21, 10:29 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Ladies,

I just noticed that they are putting in a Club Pilates location about 1 minute from house. Oh dear...

Carol
Lucky ducky!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 10:51 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Has anyone been to a Club Pilates? They do have a free 30 minute class available (or will have, once it's open).

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 12:21 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I haven't. Nothing like that around here. Only barre, yoga and fusion studios. And what is here is really overpriced, IMHO.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 03-06-21, 01:32 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Carol, I have couple of studios not too far from me but I haven't taken any of their classes. I first looked into trying them couple of years ago but while the first class is free, membership is crazy expensive - for me anyway. I remember not liking that when I was looking to find the cost of their membership for a specific club in specific location, that information is not readily available. Instead they say cost "varies by location" and to call/email for prices. Only when I did a general google search only then I found:

Our most popular is the All Access Unlimited $199/month and this membership lets you take as many classes as you want and at every Club Pilates nationwide. We also offer studio specific memberships of 8 classes $159/month or 4 classes $89/month. For the rest of the month there is NO COMMITMENT when you join!

Let us know what you think if you take an intro class.
Old 03-06-21, 03:30 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

TBL: Feel Good Pilates: Abs & Core

I gave this one a try again and finished it this time. Earlier in the week I stopped it a few minutes in, lol.

Donna, Yes! Call me hopeless too because I plan to join Robin's site for at least a month tomorrow, ha! I hope you enjoy Trifecta! I do like her as an instructor.

Dana, that is SO cute about Oliver! One of my cats constantly brushes up against me when I'm on the floor, lol. I call it "body bumps". It's like a head bump, but he uses his whole body. Oliver sounds beyond adorable!

Carol, that's exciting! I have never been to a Club Pilates, but there's an instructor who has a studio about 10 minutes from my house. I took a few classes with her a few years ago and it was fun!

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 04:39 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Carol, I have couple of studios not too far from me but I haven't taken any of their classes. I first looked into trying them couple of years ago but while the first class is free, membership is crazy expensive - for me anyway. I remember not liking that when I was looking to find the cost of their membership for a specific club in specific location, that information is not readily available. Instead they say cost "varies by location" and to call/email for prices. Only when I did a general google search only then I found:

Our most popular is the All Access Unlimited $199/month and this membership lets you take as many classes as you want and at every Club Pilates nationwide. We also offer studio specific memberships of 8 classes $159/month or 4 classes $89/month. For the rest of the month there is NO COMMITMENT when you join!

Let us know what you think if you take an intro class.
Very pricey is all I can remember about them. I guess I'll find out once they open.

Carol
Old 03-06-21, 08:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol the barre studios near me had really good opening deals to be a founding member. If I liked barre, I would have joined. So keep an eye out! I can't justify spending $200 a month for only one kind of exercise. I would want a regular gym access with other classes available like yoga and kickboxing for that price. No wonder I exercise at home!

Christine congratulations on being persistent!

Donna I hope your subscription helps with those aches. You always do such a nice job of balancing your workouts.

I did kettlebell cardio, more SDL challenge and CS #614 butt and posture.

Sunny Sunday wishes to all!!

Old 03-06-21, 11:36 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

So, here is a crazy story: Last night I woke up around 2am with Lobo's song "I'd Love You to Want Me" ringing in my head to the point that I almost wanted to bust out singing it out loud at that moment. I have no idea why that would be. I know this song of course, but have no particular attachment to it and haven't heard it in decades, so WTH? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-px...radio=1&t=150s
Old 03-07-21, 08:39 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
So, here is a crazy story: Last night I woke up around 2am with Lobo's song "I'd Love You to Want Me" ringing in my head to the point that I almost wanted to bust out singing it out loud at that moment. I have no idea why that would be. I know this song of course, but have no particular attachment to it and haven't heard it in decades, so WTH? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-px...radio=1&t=150s
LOL! I've never had that happen. I did have all of the songs from The Music Man in my head for two days after I watched it a few weeks ago, so much so that I could not sleep. I swore never again.

Carol

Tags
jessica smith get strong