Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-02-21, 08:27 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Rick Bhullar's boxing workout followed by Jessica's 8-Minute Standing Stretch. This morning was sweet because DD made up a walking workout to a pop song and led me in it. She used a lot of the moves from the walks we've been doing and a few of her own. Everything made sense, too, like certain moves during the verses and others during the choruses. After that we did a 1,000 step indoor walk.

Cynthia, DH went to his appointment yesterday and it wasn't great news. The doctor thinks there is something else going on in addition to the psoriasis (and dermatitis and excema he has in various areas). The doctor is going to biopsy three skin samples next week to try to figure out what it is. Also DH still is having pain and pressure in his chest (probably still from the virus, not sure), and he just doesn't feel well. He has been having problems with his digestive system. I'm worried about him. We don't have health insurance, just a cost-sharing organization, so we can't just go run a bunch of diagnostic tests. But I want him to go see the general doctor the ER doc recommended.

Diana, glad to hear that your DH is taking the vaccine well. How are you liking CS? Is the frozen shoulder workout good?

Lynn, are you still doing Barre 3 online? Are you enjoying it?
Old 03-02-21, 10:26 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Lynn They haven't opened my age group, yet, but I think they are getting ready to. I am very unsure about getting the vaccine. I tend to react negatively to things. I still have weird hives and swellings. I am really shocked that DH wanted to get the vaccine, especially with all the issues he had with the flu shot.

Cheryl I am sorry to hear that your DH is still having these issues. I hope they can get it figured out. I will keep praying for him. I do like the frozen shoulder workout. I think the ones on youtube are good too. My favorite on youtube are the Neck and Shoulder tension one and the Intro workout.

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk CS Full Body Flexability

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 08:46 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 13,295
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-03-21, 10:06 AM  
lynnf

Jessica 20 minute strength workout (with attention to back pain, though that's not a current issue for me).

Diana, yes, the issue of allergic reaction is a serious one in connection with the vaccine and something to discuss with your doctor before doing the vaccine for sure. I can understand why you would be concerned and careful about just going in for a vaccine given your issues.

Cheryl, that was so sweet about your DD choreographing a routine. She is clearly musical like the rest of the family. Prayer for your DH that all will be ok with his health. It must be very concerning for you and him. My DH is having some issues and seeing a doctor today and I am concerned there as well, though hopefully it is not too major. It is scary when your partner has health issues. I am still doing barre 3 about 3 times a week. I really enjoy it, but have to keep down the frequency or my knees feel it. Lots of squats and lunges.

Last edited by lynnf; 03-03-21 at 10:07 AM. Reason: addition
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 09:46 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Another gem from the Firm, Lower Body II, designed not to stress joints.

Cheryl, I was also impressed by your DD's skill as a choreographer. Also great that she has fun with exercise.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 10:09 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather Robertson's new Legs and Booty with Ankle Weights workout, followed by Jessica's 10-Minute Lower Body. I also walked outside and rode bikes with DD.

Thank you for the kind words and prayers about DH! I don't tell people things like this but it's nice to be able to share with you all.

DD helped me make tacos for dinner tonight. She was so excited to be cooking with me. I taught her how to use the citrus squeezer to squeeze lemon over the shisito peppers (which she doesn't eat yet). She loved cooking and had me take pictures of her working at the stove for the first time. She's always been afraid of it in the past.

Lynn, I will be praying for your DH! Yes, it is very concerning when it's your partner and you don't know what is happening.

Diana, great job with the steps. I would probably avoid the vaccine too if I were you, at least until you talk to your doctor. I know there are a few different kinds, so maybe one would be safer for you than the others.

Cynthia, the walks are a way for me to get DD to have some movement in her day. It's nice that she thinks it's fun!
Old 03-03-21, 10:36 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

DH's neurologist wanted him to start occupational/physical therapy. He will start that tomorrow. Friday he will go for a follow up with the hand surgeon and to schedule the next surgery.

Lynn I hope everything goes will with your DH's appointment.

Cynthia Any more updates on Baby Luna?

Cheryl Your DD is such a sweetie.

Check-In: Essentrics Full Body workout.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-04-21, 07:23 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 6,006
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-04-21, 09:45 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes.

Diana, the doctor thought DH had inflammation from getting his vaccine, so it wasn't too serious. But it is reason for you to be careful and talk to your doctor before getting a vaccine given your health issues. Sending all good thoughts and prayers for your DH.

Cheryl, so great you are cooking with DD. That is one of the best bonds I have with my DS. And he turned out to be a great cook, really better than me. We probably connect over cooking more than anything else, and I wouldn't say that I am that much of a cook compared to a lot of serious cooks. But even pretty simple cooking can really connect a family.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 05:18 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cooking together is still fun for DD and me. I kept my first cookbook until just a few years ago, when it crumbled. It had included an award page, signed by my mother, for being a "clean kitchen cook." Math facts can be learned in a functional way, for increasing or decreasing amounts to double or to halve a recipe.

Had a walk in downtown Monterey for the library.

Will do a Firm in a bit.

Back later.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote