Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-22-08, 04:28 PM  
videofit

How about Vans? They are made for skateboarders but I love the slip ons for casual wear. You could get the lace up kind.
Old 12-22-08, 06:38 PM  
sidse

What do you use to wash the floors? Soap residue can turn the floor into a shoe-skid zone. I only wash my laminate floors with lukewarm water with a little vinegar in it, and my feet don't slip. Just a suggestion.
Old 12-22-08, 07:40 PM  
Sandrine

I was just going to ask the same question as Sidse. I moved to a house with mostly laminate floors a couple of years ago and had to do a bit of experimenting before I was happy with the cleaning aspect. Most of the cleaners that say they are for laminate floors leave a residue. I now use a steam (or vapor) cleaner and the floors look great with no slick or gummy residue at all.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 09:38 PM  
snapfish45

I use a yoga mat. I have an older one that I use for non-yoga workouts when using shoes. It works fine. I keep my good yoga mat for yoga practices.

Snap out of it!
snapfish45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 10:06 PM  
gypsyqueen

I clean my floors with vinegar and water as well. :/

Also a yoga mat sounds OK but I will need about 4-5 to cover the floor space I use to do cardio. I have one right now.

The outdoor rug thing sounds alright if I can find one that sticks to my floor, most I've seen are plastic-y and hard like the floors already.

Geesh, they should have thought of this stuff when they made them! ArGH!
Old 12-22-08, 11:20 PM  
dmhammy

I had a pair of athletic shoes that were slippery on the bottoms. I almost fell several times at work coming in from outside with snow on the bottoms. I actually ruffed them up with sandpaper. It did the trick. Felt kind of weird sanding the bottoms of my shoes but it sure did help.

Also, I think hair spray is tacky so you could try that I suppose. A real light coat might work. Just a random thought

Dawn

Yes I admit it, I'm addicted to fitness. I guess I need a 12 step program or maybe just 12 good steps to jog up and down on

2/260
dmhammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 12:24 AM  
nomio

Toezies and Exersocks

There are some socks with little rubber nubbies on the bottom. Gripeez? Also non-slip exersocks from Crescent Moon (and at Amazon), and Toezies at Amazon and their website: http://www.mytoezies.com. These are great for group classes in cold rooms on hard wood floors and for bumping around the house on laminate floors. Keep yer feet warm, too!

Nomio
nomio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flooring