Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-19, 08:57 AM  
donnamp

My apologies if I was being overly sensitive in assuming something was directed at me when it may not have been. Peace!

I also wanted to add that I LOVE these threads about upcoming plans - no matter what time of year they come out it is very inspiring to see what others have planned for the future!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 09:12 AM  
TinaT

Donna ~I'm right there with you. 2019 has been a battle for sure in terms of making any time for myself. Being a caregiver for more than 1 person has been a drain on my body and emotions. My plan for 2020 is to just move. To give permission back to myself to care for ME like I used to. I miss the energy I had and the small goals I would set week to week. My mind doesn't even go there.... but I'm hoping I can change all that in the next few weeks.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 09:23 AM  
TracyQ

I love to do heavy weight workouts especially in the winter and usually start the New Year with a Cathe rotation. Not this year though. I had rotator cuff surgery on Nov. 6th and it’s going to be a very long recovery. For the first quarter of 2020 I’ll continue with PT, Pilates, Yoga and walking. I am under strict doctor’s orders not to do any weight training until at least April . Once I get the ok I will work hard to get my strength back. I can’t wait.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 09:25 AM  
sherry7899

I also enjoy reading everyone else's plans.

I have finally established longer cardio sessions and regular yoga this year. I had a few health setbacks (back injury that was very frustrating and a vitamin deficiency which took my energy) but I'm on track now.

For next year I need to add strength training back in. I don't think the bodyweight exercises in yoga are enough for me. I have shoulder issues, so I have to avoid some asanas. I need to pick up weights again. I get nervous every time about hurting myself (shoulder/back issues). I will go slowly and see what I can do safely.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 09:58 AM  
prettyinpink

The first part of the year will be continuing what I am currently doing, the paper strength workouts from Glute Lab alternating with light cardio (mostly barre3, but sometimes hill walking). I add or sub in segments from Ballet Body/Iron Barre.

My Pilates subscription runs out soon and I won’t renew. When I am done with this rotation, if I add in any Pilates via subscription it will be John Garey mat.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 10:05 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I started run/walking instead of all running about three years ago and want to get back to mostly running again in 2020.

I signed up for iFit for my treadmill again after letting the subscription go a few years ago. I am really loving the video programs they have with trainers that take you to different parts of the world. My treadmill has a 10" display so I can see the beautiful scenery and the program controls the speed and incline of my treadmill. I'm base building again with a beginners running program that's six weeks in duration and the goal is to run for 30 minutes (kind of like the C5K program but with video). It's called the "IBERIAN BEGINNER RUNNING SERIES" with Tommy Rivers Puzey who is an endurance runner. I just started week 4 of the 6 week program.

In January, I'm going to do the intermediate plan called the "COSTA RICA 5K TRAINING SERIES" also with Tommy that helps you build a better base to run 3.1 miles at a time with speed work. That program is 7 weeks long and should give me a better base run.

After that I'll move into the "THE BALKANS 10K TRAINING SERIES" which is four weeks long and will help me increase my base run distance. The trainer for this one is also Tommy Rivers Puzey who is just full of information and form pointers. Each run is never boring and I feel like I learn something new every day, lol.

I've been alternating treadmill workouts with Cathe Live Strength workouts for several months now and will continue with that to keep a balance. I LOVE her Total Body Giant Sets #1, #2, & #3.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 11:02 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I started run/walking instead of all running about three years ago and want to get back to mostly running again in 2020.

I signed up for iFit for my treadmill again after letting the subscription go a few years ago. I am really loving the video programs they have with trainers that take you to different parts of the world. My treadmill has a 10" display so I can see the beautiful scenery and the program controls the speed and incline of my treadmill. I'm base building again with a beginners running program that's six weeks in duration and the goal is to run for 30 minutes (kind of like the C5K program but with video). It's called the "IBERIAN BEGINNER RUNNING SERIES" with Tommy Rivers Puzey who is an endurance runner. I just started week 4 of the 6 week program.

In January, I'm going to do the intermediate plan called the "COSTA RICA 5K TRAINING SERIES" also with Tommy that helps you build a better base to run 3.1 miles at a time with speed work. That program is 7 weeks long and should give me a better base run.

After that I'll move into the "THE BALKANS 10K TRAINING SERIES" which is four weeks long and will help me increase my base run distance. The trainer for this one is also Tommy Rivers Puzey who is just full of information and form pointers. Each run is never boring and I feel like I learn something new every day, lol.

I've been alternating treadmill workouts with Cathe Live Strength workouts for several months now and will continue with that to keep a balance. I LOVE her Total Body Giant Sets #1, #2, & #3.
Kathy—this sounds fantastic. I had a subscription years ago but let it expire because I wasn’t using it. How much is the subscription?

Old 12-03-19, 11:26 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Kathy—this sounds fantastic. I had a subscription years ago but let it expire because I wasn’t using it. How much is the subscription?
Tracy, I bought a 1-year iFit Coach FAMILY Membership on Ebay for $83 + tax. It allows up to 5 users on the membership (my son is using it too and I've invited my DH to join as well, lol).

The monthly/yearly subscription through iFit is very expensive! The family one I bought is $360 per year or $30 per month (but a much better deal through a buy it now auction on Ebay). HTH.

Does your treadmill have a display? If it does, the videos have improved 100% since I used them 7 years ago. They have complete programs now with different trainers. I LOVE the Tommy Rivers Puzey ones because he is so knowledgeable about the location as well as running technique. He has degrees in anthropology (I think), and he's a PT as well. Fascinating stuff, I usually do cardio coaches and watch workout videos on my TV but this is fun!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 11:35 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Thank you, Linda~~

I don't know if the "setting yourself up to fail" post was meant for me or not - but I want to be clear, I'm not giving up - I'm not wallowing in self-pity, but I'm being realistic in terms of what my mind and body can handle. When we have heavy things pressing on our lives we can't always do what we did before - we have to make adjustments and do the best we can with what energy we have available to give. I don't know if 2020 will be better, worse or the same as 2019, but I have to respect my mind/body/emotions for where they are - and just work with the energy I have available. I hope I'm not being overly sensitive about this - but just wanted to clarify, i'm not giving up - I'm soldiering on as best I can for right now and if that means taking things down several notches, so be it. The time may come when I feel like doing more, and i will.

Donna
Sending you (((hugs))) Donna & I hope 2020 will be a better year for you & your family.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 11:39 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Tracy, I bought a 1-year iFit Coach FAMILY Membership on Ebay for $83 + tax. It allows up to 5 users on the membership (my son is using it too and I've invited my DH to join as well, lol).

The monthly/yearly subscription through iFit is very expensive! The family one I bought is $360 per year or $30 per month (but a much better deal through a buy it now auction on Ebay). HTH.

Does your treadmill have a display? If it does, the videos have improved 100% since I used them 7 years ago. They have complete programs now with different trainers. I LOVE the Tommy Rivers Puzey ones because he is so knowledgeable about the location as well as running technique. He has degrees in anthropology (I think), and he's a PT as well. Fascinating stuff, I usually do cardio coaches and watch workout videos on my TV but this is fun!
Kathy—Thank you for the info. Those Tommy Rivers Puzey runs sound so interesting. You got a great price. I just checked the site and it is $15 for an individual plan (that’s what I would need). That’s seems reasonable to me. I going to sleep on it. I’m recovering from surgery and am very limited to what I can do now.

Tags
bret contreras, glute lab, new year, new year goals, new year rotations, ymca