Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-09-19, 08:55 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I Used AFFIRM

And had no issues with it.
That is the service they use should you opt to finance it.

I had to do something while in the store (see above - it's a CASHLESS store). I actually go online on my desktop at home. and it can be used for more than just Peloton.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 09:21 PM  
olala

Cleda, do you still have online subscription for Peloton? The subscription is expensive. Can I cancel it and switch just to an aps for 12$ or as a Peloton owner you HAVE to have it? Thank you.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 09:49 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcatac7 View Post
My husband just bought me a Peloton for Christmas and I am super super excited. He told me in advance because he said there is no way he will be able to hide it from me.
Enjoy! What a great gift!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 06:02 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

The Peloton App

Yes! I have the Peloton App. It's $39.99 a month vs. the new lower price (but not sure that will continue) for the app. You can have as many users on one account with the subscription as you'd like. I wish they had a tiering system for it. (i.e. since it's just me, I'd love a discount on it).

The screen will only work with "just ride" and maybe (but not 100% sure) with scenic rides. Unless you hack it. I don't know how to hack the screen. (I believe it also voids the warranty and it I'm not sure hacking allows metrics. I think I've read people hack it to watch Netflix while riding?!? ) I know others have done it. I have done the "just ride" option on the screen and then done a Spinerval on my tv.

I doubt that they will lower the cost of the bike/tread owners subscription. Cuz we all pay it after all. (Maybe not happily, but we do). Simple supply and demand theory. Even if they threw us a bone and dropped it $5 or $10 a month, I'd be thrilled.

To me? It's not as bad as some things. Gyms in my area are kind of expensive. If one were to take live classes, they can add up. If I drank Starbucks coffee once or twice a week or had other online subscriptions (Spotify, Xm radio, or whatever) or dyed my hair or got my nails done monthly ..... but I'm pretty simple. so to me? I'm worth it. But YMMV. It's all about priorities. And the bike (at this point in my life) and the challenges are priority.

mbcatac7: congrats !! What a wonderful gift. I truly hope you love yours as much as I love mine. . . . . I'm in my 49th straight week of using it. (I was an app user first got the bike in April).

Cleda
Old 12-10-19, 10:48 AM  
Julier
VF Supporter

Agree Cleda should have been in the commercial. I have been using the app for years and love that they add new content daily - never boring. Totally worth $12.99.
Julier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 01:17 PM  
rhbrand

Personally, the cost of the subscription is worth it to me. I get the metrics on the screen as I workout, which shows me that I'm working right in the zone I need to be in. I have my heart rate monitor right there on screen which also gives me info.

Yes, I'd be thrilled if they knocked the monthly price down $5-10 bucks, but its worth it to me.
Old 12-10-19, 06:28 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Side note

to Olala: I was in Walmart tonight.I usually make a big purchase and use my Walmart Credit Card. I use the "Interest free if paid within 6, 9, 12, 18 months" whatever the amount comes to. When it's not right or buyer's remorse or whatever comes in, I return it .... but I digress ....

I thought of you, cuz it appears they have done away with that option for their credit card. Now all over in the Electronics department and big ticket item areas are advertisements for Affirm. and the app. and to buy now, pay later on eligible purchases. . . .

So ... Affirm is definitely branching out.

Rhbrand:: I agree with you 100% about the subscription....

Cleda
Old 12-11-19, 03:31 PM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by olala View Post
Cleda, do you still have online subscription for Peloton? The subscription is expensive. Can I cancel it and switch just to an aps for 12$ or as a Peloton owner you HAVE to have it? Thank you.
The online subscription was recently lowered down from $19.49 to $12.99. I didn’t have to cancel. They automatically lowered it down.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 03:58 PM  
sherry7899

I belong to Melissa Etheridge's Facebook feed, and it said they are doing an all Melissa Etheridge ride at 6:30 pm. Do they add those to the app quickly? I am doing a free trial of the app. Thanks!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 06:06 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I belong to Melissa Etheridge's Facebook feed, and it said they are doing an all Melissa Etheridge ride at 6:30 pm. Do they add those to the app quickly? I am doing a free trial of the app. Thanks!
Yes, they are usually added very, very quickly. Sometimes within hours of the ride or run. Sometimes the next day.
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peloton, peloton commercial, peloton girl, spin bike, spin bikes