Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-09-19, 09:55 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

iFit Video workouts for enabled Treadmills

I just rejoined iFit.com. I have an older NordicTrack C2150 treadmill that I bought in 2012 and it has a 10" display. They recently started "retrofitting" their instructor led video programs to work with equipment that is older than 2015. There are some AWESOME programs available for iFit enabled treadmills, incline trainers, and spin bikes.

If your treadmill has the "track" display (not video) and it's iFit enabled, you can get the program to load but it will just control the treadmill without the video. Not as much fun, in my opinion.

I enjoy the outdoor programs that are filmed on locations. Right now I'm doing a Beginner running program that's six weeks long that works up to running 30 minutes straight (at a slower pace of 4.8 mph). It was filmed in Portugal and Morocco with Tommy Rivers Puzey who is an amazing endurance athlete that has tons of running tips, form pointers, and location information. He has a degree in anthropology and he's also a Physical Therapist so his runs are very informative and fascinating. There are several programs that "build" on this so I can progress with him or another trainer. (I'm working my way back to mostly running again after a hiatus of run/walking).

If you prefer to walk, there are several walking programs as well. Hanna Eden just did a 16 workout program filmed in Bolivia. Beautiful scenery and very doable for all fitness levels (you can lower the incline or speed when needed). I did one of the workouts from this series yesterday and LOVED it! She is so encouraging, funny, and friendly! Nothing like her hard core persona on some of the videos I've seen of her. I'm going to keep adding these workouts as a nice change and because they are so enjoyable.

This rediscovery of iFit has renewed my passion for running (and incline walking) again! I have always been a "video" workout person and this feels like an extension of that on my treadmill. I'm never bored and look forward to getting on it every other day.

Oh, and I was able to buy a yearly subscription a lot cheaper than paying monthly...from a third party.

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 10:29 AM  
jldx2in2000

I bought an x22i incline trainer in June of this year. I have never enjoyed running or treadmill work until getting this and using iFit. I am doing a combo of the Iberian Running with Tommy and the Australian Intro to Running and Celebrate India Jogging series with some others sprinkled in. I also pair it with hikes in Australia, Hawaii, and the Alps. I am loving seeing places I am not sure I will ever get to visit in real life and because it is a video and not a boring track, it is keeping my interest. I love when the trainers start telling stories during the running portions because it helps me relax into the running.

So I don't have anything to add to your post. Only to say I am loving iFit too and finding it worth it even though I only do it 2-3 days a week with all my other workouts.
jldx2in2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 10:43 AM  
Vantreesta

Kathy, can you share more on where you got a cheaper subscription, please? My brother is kind of interested but doesn't want to spend a lot. Thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 11:00 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Kathy, can you share more on where you got a cheaper subscription, please? My brother is kind of interested but doesn't want to spend a lot. Thanks!
I found a family membership on ebay (as a buy it now). There are individual memberships available too.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 12-09-19, 11:04 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldx2in2000 View Post
I bought an x22i incline trainer in June of this year. I have never enjoyed running or treadmill work until getting this and using iFit. I am doing a combo of the Iberian Running with Tommy and the Australian Intro to Running and Celebrate India Jogging series with some others sprinkled in. I also pair it with hikes in Australia, Hawaii, and the Alps. I am loving seeing places I am not sure I will ever get to visit in real life and because it is a video and not a boring track, it is keeping my interest. I love when the trainers start telling stories during the running portions because it helps me relax into the running.

So I don't have anything to add to your post. Only to say I am loving iFit too and finding it worth it even though I only do it 2-3 days a week with all my other workouts.
Yay, I love it! So happy there is another VFer enjoying it too. If you are on Facebook, iFit has an "Official" Facebook page. You can sign up for give aways and stuff (the month of December they're giving completion coins to iFit members that complete Hanna Eden's new program "Train to Terrain" in Bolivia).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ifitribe/

Fabulous group, I just found it a couple of weeks ago. Lots of people enjoying iFit.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 12-09-19, 12:27 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I found a family membership on ebay (as a buy it now). There are individual memberships available too.
Thanks, Kathy!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 07:34 AM  
jldx2in2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Yay, I love it! So happy there is another VFer enjoying it too. If you are on Facebook, iFit has an "Official" Facebook page. You can sign up for give aways and stuff (the month of December they're giving completion coins to iFit members that complete Hanna Eden's new program "Train to Terrain" in Bolivia).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ifitribe/

Fabulous group, I just found it a couple of weeks ago. Lots of people enjoying iFit.
Yes! I am a member of that group on Facebook. Very helpful group and I love seeing people's posts on accomplishments.
jldx2in2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 09:19 AM  
pharma_gal

Will the programs work with the generic spin bike and an iPad? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 05:00 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldx2in2000 View Post
Yes! I am a member of that group on Facebook. Very helpful group and I love seeing people's posts on accomplishments.
Yay, so happy to have a fellow VFer in that group! They just dropped a new Tommy Rivers Puzey program today (2nd of the 10k series).
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 12-10-19, 05:03 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Will the programs work with the generic spin bike and an iPad? Thanks!
No, unfortunately the iFit programs only work on iFit enabled equipment. They have an app that will work with iFit enabled equipment with Bluetooth capability. My treadmill is too old and doesn't have it. So I can't use the app to view it on my iPad, only the display on my treadmill.

It also only lets you view the programs on the equipment. You can't "preview" workouts without the equipment download.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k

Tags
ifit, treadmill with ifit, treadmill workouts