Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-06-19, 04:36 PM  
sbh

Need yoga recommendations

I am looking for yoga recommendations like Jessica Smith's yoga? Dvd or Youtube format is good, as I am not into streaming subscriptions. Thanks in advance!
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 04:43 PM  
sherry7899

When you say like Jessica Smith, do you mean non-spiritual yoga? I'm not sure I'm phrasing it correctly.

I really love the you tube channel Yoga Upload. The instructor does not do any extra chatter and gives form pointers throughout the practices. She has practices of varying lengths, levels and focuses.

I also enjoy the you tube channel Yoga Su.

Other you tube channels I like:

Yoga with Adriene
Yoga by Candace

I need to go check my you tube playlists. I am blanking on other names. Be right back

Yoga TX
Yoga by Kassandra
Sarah Beth Yoga
Flow with Adee
Brett Larkin Yoga
Do You Yoga
Faith Hunter Yoga
Psyche Truth

I love the scenery in Boho Beautiful, but some of the practices are too advanced for me.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 05:09 PM  
sbh

Yes Sherry, that is exactly the format I was looking for. Thank you for all the YT suggestions. I will be checking them out for sure.
Old 12-06-19, 05:16 PM  
sherry7899

Yoga by (with?) Kassandra has some kundalini yoga which may not be your thing. I forget if her other practices have the "woo woo" language you are looking to avoid. I think all the others fit what you are looking for, but at least you can check them for free and decide.

I hope you find some you enjoy! I am amazed by how much yoga is on you tube. It is endless.

Sherry

Old 12-06-19, 08:29 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I always try to point people to Inhale yoga, if you can find any episodes on youtube. Most people probably know, but in case you don't this was with Steve Ross and great music. It aired on the Oxygen network but because of the music used, I think the episodes are often pulled from youtube.
Old 12-06-19, 08:51 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I always try to point people to Inhale yoga, if you can find any episodes on youtube. Most people probably know, but in case you don't this was with Steve Ross and great music. It aired on the Oxygen network but because of the music used, I think the episodes are often pulled from youtube.
I have a bunch on my playlist. I need to do them again. I love hearing Sting while practicing yoga.

Old 12-07-19, 01:29 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I added tags to this thread (I do a lot of thread tagging) and just wanted to mention that I added the "woo woo" tag only because it brings up a couple relevant search results/threads about people looking for yoga without the "woo" factor. I'm not trying incite controversy or imply anything derogatory about more spiritually-focused yoga workouts with my "woo woo" tag.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 08:40 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
I am looking for yoga recommendations like Jessica Smith's yoga? Dvd or Youtube format is good, as I am not into streaming subscriptions. Thanks in advance!
Have you tried Jane Adams? I know many people don't care for her voice, but I love her. She's very straightforward and non-woo, though she occasionally has "affirmations" during the final relaxation pose (nothing too deep: things like "be kind to yourself today" and etc)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 09:08 AM  
sbh

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I have a lot to research now!
Old 12-07-19, 09:08 AM  
manleym

I also really like 5 Parks Yoga on YT. She has lots of variety.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
athletic yoga, woo woo, yoga recs, yoga youtube, youtube yoga