Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-19, 06:25 PM  
Mickey12

I have always felt when a step workout had a lot of complex low impact choreography it was easier than a simple choreography workout with lots of repetition, drills, etc. In other words, the harder the footwork, the easier the cardio output.

This one looks fun to me. It’s been a long time since we had new workouts with complex choreography. For me it makes the time fly by.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 06:37 PM  
bubbles76

I'm not disappointed. Glad she is taking it down a notch in impact, as my poor knees can't take it. Wish I had preordered during the first preorder. The clip does look a bit low energy though. Like they were going through the motions. But, like Cataddict says, Cathe rarely disappoints
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 08:18 PM  
dianestjohn

Ugh frustrated already - the more complex choreography is not for me. But since it's Cathe I will give it a chance. I agree, it looks and sounds low-energy, I think it's a dubbing thing - her voice sounds strange and the dubbing is so inexact it seems odd. It seems phoned in.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 08:32 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'm not disappointed. Glad she is taking it down a notch in impact, as my poor knees can't take it. Wish I had preordered during the first preorder. The clip does look a bit low energy though. Like they were going through the motions. But, like Cataddict says, Cathe rarely disappoints
Same here! On well...

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 10:55 PM  
marki64

Boring! So far, no regrets of not preordering. I really dislike sashaying moves.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 11:30 PM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Pam, you might want to try some of the premixes on her more recent sets. They really did up the intensity for me.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will look at the premixes.
Old 12-03-19, 07:14 AM  
ChelePA

I love step and the variety Cathe provides. This looks fun! Sometimes that’s all I want. I feel the same about Cardio Party. I can’t always do high intensity. Looking forward to this series!

I also agree that her voice in the clips sounds different or off.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 07:20 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
BUT, I agree - that clip definitely did NOT look to be for an advanced exerciser. They ALL looked like they were taking it easy, almost like a final rehearsal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn jane View Post
My main thought while watching the clip was that it looked "low energy."

It looks like Cathe put a lot of thought and creativity into coming up with new steps and combinations, but her voice just doesn't sound enthusiastic.

Very different vibe from her step workouts in the early days!
Maybe the "low energy" effect is due to the "audio proofing" (or whatever they call it!!!)

I would not have minded so much if it had not been announced for the advanced exerciser. If it had been presented as a LITE2 for example, I would have expected this kind of intensity. Oh well, we'll see when we receive it! I might be surprised!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 08:07 AM  
Cher

It looks fun to me! I’m so sick of drills all the time. I’m sure knowing Cathe, she will have something with blasts thrown in for a premix for all her intensity customers.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 08:21 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
It looks fun to me! I’m so sick of drills all the time! I’m sure knowing Cathe, she will have something with blasts thrown in for a premix for all her intensity customers.
I'll be stumbling all over the place on the choreography but I'm also glad it's not drills.

You all who can handle higher step heights are IMPRESSIVE. I'm a leggy 5'7" and 8" is as high as I dare, and that's only for a workout I know well that doesn't have too much twisty, bouncy choreography. 6" is my knees' comfort zone.

Tags
cathe, cathe step box, step boss, step sync, stepsync