Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-19, 05:48 PM  
bubbles76

I usually start the winter/new year with Cathe, but now I'm not sure. I need to work through some virgin workouts and do a mini purge. I also need to commit to kettlebells. Right now I'm enjoying some Exhale Core Fusion dvds, which are also virgins for me.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 05:52 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
Last week I finished Mesocycle 1 of Cathe's STS. This week is active recovery, and next week I'll be starting Mesocycle 2 (Hypertrophy). So my New Year plans are to complete STS. After that I don't know yet. I do want to do Body Beast sometime in the new year, but I don't want to do another 3 month commitment right after STS.
This is my long term goal! Congratulations on completing mesocycle 1!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 09:28 AM  
fanofladyvols

Increasing strength!

Great question!

I will be alternating strength and cardio days with pilates or stretch mid week. The plan is to have each week with workouts using a different focus. For example, one week will be heavy weights using body splits. The next will be workouts that use full body and the high rep approach. What I haven't decided is whether I should do each focus for longer than a week at a time.

I do like using different instructors. I think either way will be fine to get stronger so there's no downside as far as I can tell.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 09:39 AM  
alisoncooks

I like what I'm doing so I'm going to keep it up. My workouts are short, so the plan is to start adding on short upper/lower body strength to my current rotation (RehabZone).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 09:43 AM  
Richie

For me, flexibility is my #1 priority so it's a consistent yoga practice I want to establish and maintain. I've decided that's my only fitness goal for the coming year on the basis of "change one thing".
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 01:51 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This week, I'm starting a new focus on cardio because I want to improve my cardio capability. I do most of my workouts at the YMCA and I'll go there to do the cardio workouts I'm trying. I may do more strength workouts at home around them. This will carry me into the new year.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 01:56 PM  
donnamp

2019 has been a rough year - so I have just been doing gentle stuff that is low dread. I hope 2020 will be an improvement, but I don't see the improvement happening overnight so I will probably just stick with whatever I am able to handle mentally each day - which has been mostly Pilates, Ellen Barrett, walking.....with any luck at some point the tide will turn in 2020 and I can regain some enthusiasm and energy!!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 08:47 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Don’t set yourself up for a fail unless you like that feeling. Just be consistent in shooting the ball in the hoop. That way you can’t help but get the ball in.

I think these New Year resolutions are a waste. The new year will not make you do anything you aren’t already doing.
Besides, why wait for a New Year to start in the negative. Do what you need to do this year 2019,,,!!!!!!!

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 09:01 PM  
Vantreesta

Resolutions are not a waste. If you don't set goals to challenge yourself you're less likely to change. Maybe they aren't for everyone but they are not a waste.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 09:06 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

If they weren’t a waste of time, there wouldn’t be an excess of fitness returns or broken resolutions before end of February.

We want people to succeed in order to do that you make a plan. The plan starts, when you right down your goals and tell someone . Not a New Year.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bret contreras, glute lab, new year, new year goals, new year rotations, ymca