https://vimeo.com/ondemand/superflow/425077385

Two recent releases:

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/stayomyoga/401809697

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/stayomyoga2/409661165

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 01:27 PM  
starbelly

I have purchased and really enjoyed the first two videos (called the Stay OM series), but this one is not what I am looking for. I have just bought it and Eoin refers to this as yoga fitness. One of the flows entails moving from warrior 3 to a pistol squat and then transitioning via handstand to the other side. I should have realized that it wouldn't suit me since I did not really enjoy the Superflow set I purchased on Cody, but I attributed that to the drab set and lack of music.

If you are looking for real strength work in your yoga, this is a great option. Each flow has a separate tutorial offering modifications so that you will be able to keep up with Eoin even if you are not doing the full expression of each pose. He gives good alignment cues and the moves are unique and interesting. It's also filmed in Bali, although not entirely on the beach like the previous 2 releases.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 02:10 PM  
sherry7899

Starbelly, I should have just bought the meditation. These practices are beyond me. I will do them with modifcations. I do like to support Eoin's work, though. I mistakenly thought these would be sort of like the Stay Om practices.

Old 06-12-20, 06:22 AM  
pharma_gal

Can you give some more insight on the stay Om series. I’m interested in more beginner style gentle stretchy or flowy yoga instead of the power yoga. Scenery looks beautiful so thinking about getting them. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 12:50 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I am also interested in more info on the Om workouts. Did they include any form pointers.
They have such beautiful scenery.
Old 06-15-20, 01:55 PM  
starbelly

The Stay OM series is not power yoga, but it might be frustrating for beginners. For the past number of years, Eoin has been moving into his own style blending in aspects of surfing and Tai Chi. Vol. 1 of Stay OM has a separate video demo of the "Three Abodes Flow" which is a fusion of methods. He gives plenty of instructions/modifications throughout the actual video. Vol. 2 is longer (60 minutes vs. 47 for vol. 1) and features longer holds and more traditional yoga postures as well as quite a bit of meditation. He describes both volume as "sattvic" meant as a balm for these times.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 02:02 PM  
sherry7899

Starbelly, thank you for explaining. I felt badly not responding to questions. I am terrible at trying to describe workouts. I really appreciate people who can do that and write reviews.

Tags
eion finn