Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-17, 10:47 AM  
cindyw75

Jessica Smith's 6-Week Total Transformation
It comes with a calendar. All of the workouts are 30 minutes. It has cardio, strength, fusion/stretch. The set is great. The videos are fun. No dread factor! Also, she suggests modifications for everything.
cindyw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-17, 12:10 PM  
CarlaVeg

I second Project You!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-17, 12:23 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Spark People, 28 Day Bootcamp & Total Body Sculpting. You can either get the Dvds individually or as a 2 Dvd set. Nicole Nichols has such a nice way of teaching and giving pointers. Stephanie Huckabee - PowerFit comes with five Dvds with band. Keeping Fit with Andrea Metcalf 3 Dvd set - Cardio Strength and Pilates or you can get the or you can get the Quick Fit by her with is the shorter less expensive version. Angie Gorr has Dvds that show 3 different levels Custom 3 Fit Cardio & Strength Interval Circuit, or Ultimate Sweat and Tone.
Softshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-17, 01:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
Welcome back! I've been there.

Lisa Wheeler's Weight Watchers 10 Minute Belly, Butt & Thigh Tone-Ups - absolutely no dread factor. 10 minute segments that can be done with only 1 set of weights. Very nicely choreographed, no wasted moves. Lisa always has a "special" move at the end of a set of workout moves. It always leaves me feeling good - worked out but not overly exhausted.

Lisa Wheeler's Weight Watchers 7 Day Tone & Burn - has two 30 min workouts, one sculpting & one cardio. Also nicely choreographed, fun, good to progress with.

Michelle Dozois' Pick Your Level Fat to Firm Fast is awesome. I can follow along with the beginner, intermediate or advanced and not feel left out. Just enough cardio to feel worked and good solid strength training with only 1 or 2 sets of weights.

These can all be purchased for < $10 each.
because of your post, I did the Pick Your Level workout this morning. Stephanie Vitorino is the advanced modifier and "Kat" from 21DF and Leslie Sansone fame is the beginner modifier. I got a great workout!

speaking of Lisa Wheeler, I did her WW Stability Ball workout. I woke up with DOMS in my abs - I was confused about where it came from! this DVD is programmable, by the way. you can pick any 10 min segment, and then it adds a warm up & cool down.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-17, 05:13 PM  
YogaGal

In addition to Jessica Smith's 6-Week Total Transformation which has been mentioned above, Jessica has to other sets I would recommend

Walk On: 21 Day Weight Loss Plan
and
Walk On: Walk the Weight Off 30 Day Plan

Jessica's workouts here have her Mom, Debbie, showing a low impact/low weight option and Jessica and Beth doing more advanced options. This will allow you to start with these workouts as a beginner, but move on to more intense moves as you are ready. And there is a lot of variety to keep you from getting bored!

Tags
fat to firm fast, michelle dozois, weight watchers, ww next move, ww start getting healthy