Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-23-15, 07:08 AM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie M View Post
I would love to take ballroom lessons. Unfortunately my husband hates dance lessons. That's why I take line dancing lessons. We dance for about 3 hours during the class. I think we have learned about 30 dances.

Tammie, i take ballroom without DH. Some DH's wouldn't tolerate that, but many do!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 07:46 AM  
Kitten

Soul Sweat. It's a bit freeform, which drove me nuts at first, but I grew to like it. Plus, there's an awesome stretch at the end.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 09:31 AM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gancho Girl View Post
GROOVE is not a freeform dance. Everyone does the same movement, just in our own unique way.
Well, in some ways it isn't. Just like Toni Bergins' Journeydance (a meld between freeform dance and yoga) is heavily guided but freeform to an extent.

No, I did not try Journeydance yet, but I have had several discussions with a Journeydance instructor. She'd thought it would be somewhat of a fit for my temperament or degree free spirit at the time, but I did not pursue further.

Being barefoot challenged (except if I am on a pristinely clean surface for bellydance, and some Doonya classes) certainly narrows the field in conscious dance ... [freeform is a subset of conscious dance Conscious Dance—101 Modalities that Define the Movement]

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 10:01 AM  
Judy W.

I always enjoy Scott Cole's Disco Dojo. Lots of fun and easy on the joints as well.

Weight Watchers has a set called Ultimate Dance Party. Has 3 workouts of varying levels and comes with a set of light shaker weights similar to Zumba sticks. It's a tad pricey, but I found a good deal on it and am enjoying it a lot.

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 10:56 AM  
TinierTina

Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggmom View Post
I like Refit classes -- I take them locally and also subscribe to their streaming service for $10/month. A new live class is posted every day. They have a few DVDs and tons of video on Youtube. Can be modified up or down to suit you. www.refitrev.com
This site sounds interesting.
Appears to me it may have started with corporate fitness or team-building, and then branched out.

More guided than I'd thought it would be, though ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 12:02 PM  
horsemom2

My youtube playlists have some dance and rebounding which may interest you:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt9...xBFw/playlists

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 01:32 PM  
sbh

My favorite dance workout is Cardioke - Billy Blanks Jr. I'm always a sweaty mess afterwards.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 03:05 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I love Zumba! Besides it, I also like Hip Hop Abs (BeachBody) and Rock Your Body with Jaime King (I got it at totalfitnessdvds on sale for 1.99 a while back) it is fun and challenging (there is a learning curve), at the end you feel like you're performing with them on stage

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 03:37 PM  
Leonana

I haven't done this one, but a friend said it was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Su...l49G1d3N90bU_T
Old 07-23-15, 05:24 PM  
Gancho Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinierTina View Post
Well, in some ways it isn't.
Not "in some ways", it just isn't. As facilitators we are very clear that this isn't a freeform dance. There are specified moves that we all do together, it's simply that how you do that movement is up to you.

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cize, weight watchers