Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-28-20, 11:25 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~5 km beach & trail walk, it was a beautiful sunny day here
~Circuit workout on FB by a friend with body weight & low weight/high rep strength
~Hatha Flow Yoga class on Vimeo
~Acupressure & active release to hips & low back

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 07:26 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
There’s always some TIFTTing, but it varies and I think it’s generally a bit less than her earlier ones. The 1 hour workouts I’ve done lately are cardio for about the first 40-45 min, then some toning & stretching. Alchemista had longer meditations at the beginning & end, the zoom workouts had shorter ones. Hope that helps. She is offering a 20% discount right now on pre-recorded workouts so I assume that includes her zoom workouts from a few months ago but not the ones coming in Jan. Honestly I wish she’d do some between 30 & 40 min total, 20 min cardio & 10 or 15 min stretching at the end, that’s my ideal length.
Thanks, Pam! I am still undecided about the upcoming Zoom classes. I really don't need more. I haven't even done all the classes of hers I already own yet!

I would love about thirty minutes of cardio without TIFT, and 15 minutes of yoga. That would be my ideal.

I do not see her Zoom workouts from a few months ago on her site anywhere. I may write to ask about them.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 09:00 AM  
sherry7899

Pam, I wrote this morning to Bellyfit, and they replied already! I was so surprised since it is Sunday, and three hours earlier than where I am. They said the older Zoom classes are only available to people who bought them when they were offered. I'm fine with that. I am going to use the rest of the 20 minute classes very soon.

sorry in advance to Garrie- I took a rest day on Friday because of TOM for the second time this month Yesterday I attempted an NIA class, but only lasted twenty three minutes because I felt awful.

This morning I felt a little better and did:
-Body Project Beats 4 which is a 30 minute cardio. I really enjoyed it
-Yoga Ranger-Restorative Yoga for PMS/Pelvic Pain 25 minutes. This is from the paid site, which a VF friend generously gifted to me. It was wonderful! I feel so much better now. I am going to do a meditation from the site later

Cyana, I had posted that I am doing a three month membership of Body Project. I did one paid month in September, and they sent a 20% off coupon so I bit. I think it was $33 for three months, which is very reasonable. They rolled out a plan called "Totally" with 12 new workouts that are around forty minutes each or longer. They will have a 30 minute Real Start HIIT plan of 30 minutes workouts that will be out for the new year, so I will get to do those also. I'm excited for the new workouts.

I tried Ana Forrest years ago, but I did not click with her.

Garrie, I totally understand the covid fatigue. I hope things get better for everyone soon. I am sorry about your manager. I hope you will be able to see your boyfriend again soon. It's so hard to be apart.

Linda, the soup and french fries makes me think of The Odd Couple. Did you watch that show? I love french fries, so it sounds fine to me! Oscar would make unusual combinations of food.

Beth, we did not have a turkey for Thanksgiving either. My picky son does not really like any traditional side dishes, so it isn't worth the time/hassle. I made homemade macaroni and cheese instead.

I miss Margot. I hope she comes back to post soon.

I hope everyone has a great day-

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 09:08 AM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

I’ve been reading all your posts regularly but didn’t like to ask to join in, as I figure you already have enough people. While I’m here, I want to say how much I’ve been enjoying Beth’s yoga practices on YT. They’ve been really relaxing and therapeutic for me during the past few months. What a year!

Here in the UK, we’ve been in lockdown for the whole month of November and it’s likely to continue for the rest of the winter, although we do have some relaxation of the rules for 5 days over the Christmas holidays. I haven’t been out of the house except to walk, which has kept me somewhat sane!

Cyana – Thanks for the shout-out. I hope your workload eases up soon. I don’t know how you manage to survive such long hours for so many months. It’s funny you mentioned Cornwall; we’re hoping to move down there as soon as this pandemic is over. It'd be so nice to live by the ocean. I was looking for a different kind of blue t*t, so the photograph of those two ladies made me chuckle.
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos...tit&sort=best#

Pat – I enjoyed reading your latest blog. It certainly gave me pause for thought.

Paine – You’ve inspired me to watch the Crown!

Linda – Hope your surgery goes well.

Pam and Sherry - I agree, 30 minutes of Bellyfit without too much TIFT'ing would be perfect. I find I do her Daily Om classes quite often because they're so much easier to fit in.

I subscribed for a short while to Ekhart Yoga, which has some really great practices (hatha, restorative, Yamuna ball rolling and Somatics), so just signed up for their Cyber weekend deal of 3 months for the price of two. The only other subscription I have is Travis’ Inner Dimension. I do like his Yin classes but haven’t ventured into anything harder yet! I’ve been re-visiting the old FIRMS and Jessica Smith (WS3) for the last couple of weeks, as well as my usual Essentrics/CS and Qi Gong.

Waves to all! Hope everyone has a happy day.

Edit: Aw... bless you Sherry, I just read your post. I'm glad you're enjoying Body Project. I like Aprille too. She has such a lovely voice, her classes are nice and her cats even nicer!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 10:11 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I meant to post yesterday but looks like I never got around to it. I did teach yoga in the a.m., a nice little class with 4 people, 3 unknown to me. And I think I forgot to mention that in my class last Tuesday, I finally had one of my semi-regulars from the old studio!

I also put up our Christmas decorations yesterday. Usually it's the first week in December, in part because I am away for Thanksgiving. This felt like a year to do it early! We actually don't do that much - we have a smaller (6') pre-lit tree (although I had to restring the top row! ) and only do a few other things besides that.

Margot, I think the merrier! Several of our members are a bit in and out based on their schedules, so please don't hesitate to jump in. I am so glad that my videos have been helpful to you! You might have seen that I take requests, so if there's anything you'd like to see, let me know.

Sherry, so sorry you weren't feeling well! My last TOM was July, but I think I'm dealing with the MTM (Kathy Smith reference) effects. Your dinner sounds yummy! DH doesn't like a lot of the traditional sides either. He does like a pineapple stuffing (more like a dessert, haha) that my family has always made; I'll do that with a ham for New Years.

Pam, your outdoors photos were gorgeous! I have to remember to check Vimeo; maybe I'll look for a class with my teacher from there to do today.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 10:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I am so far behind. I'm not sure if I posted a Thanksgiving workout or if I even did one.

Friday was an amazing day. My son visited and we decided to try the federal nature preserve trail, and see how things go. I made it through the entire loop without needing to sit down - just simply couldn't believe it. 4.4 miles and I climbed up to look out over the bluffs, too. A barred owl flew just about over my son's shoulder and then sat in a branch letting us look at him, and he was looking at us. It was wonderful to see the head swiveling and those big eyes!!!

Saturday we took a short beach walk for DH's back pain, and a brief gym workout where I managed to hit all the majors before he pooped out. I'm nursing a mild flare up of my old hiking groin injury so that's fine.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 10:31 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, how wonderful! Sounds beautiful.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 10:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Margot how nice to see you. No need to ask!! Please visit when you can. Sending hugs over your lock down. I remain concerned over what's going to happen here post-Thanksgiving. I'm happy for you that you have so many nice places to walk, at the very least.

Beth I am happy you're getting some regular students back, plus some new more. I hope your decorations give you a boost.

Sherry, you got in a nice workout and I'm happy you feel better.

Well Grumpy wants his Sunday breakfast and I'm going to try to give him some Reiki after. Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend!

PS - thank you for the support re: my blog. I had been feeling so depressed, and a little angry. It helped me to work it out.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 11:50 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Hamelin D'abell Method - Armatics taster
YouTube Yoga With Bird: Yoga Stretches for Lower Back Tension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1vl...l=YogaWithBird

Sherry, I don't like workouts with "take it from the top" either.
My last several years of perimenopause were miserable for me so I understand your discomfort.

Twigs (Margot)! Welcome to our check-in! I'm so glad you are here. Please post here whenever you want.
Since you live in the UK, I'd love to know your thoughts about The Crown. My husband and I have enjoyed the first 3 Seasons and we are working our way through Season 4.

Beth, my husband put up our 5 foot Christmas tree on Friday and yesterday he set up our Christmas train, which our 5 year old grandson has been playing with non-stop.

Pat, your hike on the federal nature preserve trail sounds wonderful!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 12:29 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

It’s so nice to see you Margot! We’ve missed you! Getting outside is my sanity saver too. I try to every day unless it’s pouring rain.

Sherry - I don’t mind some TIFTTing, but Alice’s earlier workouts were a bit much. I’m glad she responded to your email so quickly. I plan to start revisiting my BF downloads a couple of times a week. Team Body Project sounds great! I never clicked with Ana Forrest either. I just noticed Namaste Yoga is on Prime so plan to get into them, especially for my annual new year sadhana.

Beth - DH and I need to muster up some inspiration to decorate. We have a small fake tree & he always sets up the PartyLite Village. I’m glad you’re seeing your regular students return.

Pat - Your walk sounds lovely & what a treat to see the owl!

Paine - We just finished season 4 of The Crown & it certainly isn’t flattering to the royal family. I am also curious to hear Margot’s thoughts.

Cyana - I’m glad you’re enjoying time away from your computer! I took advantage of the SweetLegs sale & bought a pair for myself & one to put away for my sister’s birthday in Feb. I have several pairs and literally live in them! My MFML sub has expired. I tried those Forrest practices & didn’t care for them either.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote